[ASC-IV] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW2 Theme)

4 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Yes. Do you want 2 Super Scythes and 2 P-97s?

Yes, that's exactly right. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Neat planes Rezolution! Looking forward to seeing how they handle.

Thanks GDJ! I've been practicing a bit with your Kraken and, I gotta say, you've created a very formidable craft. I'm still not entirely confident that my ships'll do the job against it, but at least I had fun with the challenge. 

3 minutes ago, Rezolution said:

Thanks GDJ! I've been practicing a bit with your Kraken and, I gotta say, you've created a very formidable craft. I'm still not entirely confident that my ships'll do the job against it, but at least I had fun with the challenge. 

Think of the Kraken's as this: The unholy union of a Supermarine Spitfire, Messerschmitt BF-109, a Mitsubishi Zero....and a Cessna. :D

3 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:
14 hours ago, Rezolution said:

The multiple plane team is completely optional

Thanks for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure before I started throwing multiple planes out there :).

For my team, 2 of each fighter would be great. Thanks again for all your help, @Wildcat111.

On 9/5/2016 at 5:11 PM, Bob_Saget54 said:

After taking a small bit of inspiration from @JollyGreenGI's prototype, I present to you all the Mosquito Mk. I

QdAVcz3.png

4 Props, 10 x 20mm cannons and one Jebidiah

https://kerbalx.com/Bob_Saget54/Mosquito-Mk-I

It's funny you mentioned drawing inspiration from my craft, because they're heavily inspired by the de Havilland Mosquito, with a little P-38 thrown in for good measure.

4 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Do you want all three variants in the tournament? If so, how many planes do you want on the team (this is completely optional)?

As of right now, I'm thinking two Hs, one L, and one T. I'm gonna do some testing with team composition, so this might change.

If I may make a suggestion, I noticed it said "2km re-engagement over KSC"  and in my testing slow aircraft which fly under 80m/s cannot get fully airborne before being ripped to shreds under unrelenting fire. At 3km re-engagement, all aircraft are fully prepared to fight, and are just outside the maximum range the AI will fire.

Since some of you are making multiple models of planes.....

screenshot47_3.png

The Kraken killer....codename: Amon-Ra

Lighter, improved aerodynamics, slightly shorter, faster, more maneuverable.

And you all thought the Krakens were tough..........

Edited by GDJ

Ok, one more aircraft. I promise this is the last one and below it is my final team configuration :wink: .

The P-76 Discord:

VLKSQQs.png

I have also updated my previous craft with a few tweaks. Here are the new links for the other two:

P-83 Super Scythe

P-97 Broadsword

@Wildcat111 here is my final team request:

2 x P-83 Super Scythes

1 x P-76 Discord

1 x P-97 Broadsword

Thank you! Sorry for so many changes. Just having too much fun with this ;D .

10 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

If I may make a suggestion, I noticed it said "2km re-engagement over KSC"  and in my testing slow aircraft which fly under 80m/s cannot get fully airborne before being ripped to shreds under unrelenting fire. At 3km re-engagement, all aircraft are fully prepared to fight, and are just outside the maximum range the AI will fire.

I agree. I have also noticed this, and, in the spirit of competition, I think all aircraft should have a chance to engage before being fired upon. I would not want to win (or lose) because one side wasn't ready for combat. 

3 hours ago, Rezolution said:

@Wildcat111

Thank you! Sorry for so many changes. Just having too much fun with this ;D .

It's okay!

@GDJ are you going to add the Amun-Ra?

14 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

I will do a 4 km engagement.

50 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

@GDJ are you going to add the Amun-Ra?

Probably soon, but most likely it will be named Kraken MK2.

Actually in mythology not much is worse than The Kraken....except for Beelzebub. 

As for engagement distances, more is better up to 6 km. After that the planes won't gain any extra speed or altitude. If we were running high Mach jets, then 8 to 10 km is good, but these prop planes get up to top speed in a very short order.

Edited by GDJ

8 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

@GDJ @DoctorDavinci and @Rezolution caugt a picture of your planes along with mine. @Rezolution's P-97 Broadsword is seen far off in the distance as a tiny smudge underneath the Competition description. However, it sped past the formation later on.

B7uw4ob.png

Very cool :) . Apparently I'll need to get my guy to brush up on his formation skills before the next fight :wink: .

10 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

@GDJ do you still want me to include the Mk.1 version? If not, I can remove it for you.

Two of each is fine. It will be interesting to see each version grappling with the opponents and to see the differences in flight patterns.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.