Craft review submissions

4 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

I doubt it honestly. People build stock combat ships, and those crafts become far stronger with joint reinforcement, as joint disconnect is the main kill method.

See my post.

This is for his review of my crafts. This isn't even relevant to others crafts. Why does combat matter? My crafts are civilian airliners.

So why NOT use KJR for his review of my crafts?

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

This is for his review of my crafts. This isn't even relevant to others crafts. Why does combat matter? My crafts are civilian airliners.

So he should:

-install KJR

-uninstall KJR after hes done

-reinstall it when he has another craft of yours?

5 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

I doubt it honestly. People build stock combat ships, and those crafts become far stronger with joint reinforcement, as joint disconnect is the main kill method.

See my post.

I will do a review of zoo's craft then I will remove the mod. Then I can review other craft

I'm honestly confused why you became so hostile about my crafts needing KJR. It isn't that big a deal, and moreover, why did you automatically think they were military crafts?

I didn't think that they were military crafts. I thought that KJR would become standard in the series.

48 minutes ago, Alphasus said:

People build stock combat ships, and those crafts become far stronger with joint reinforcement, as joint disconnect is the main kill method.

I have to disagree but maybee its because my weapons dont rely on joint breakage.  Almost all of my kills using my own weapons are caused by the root/skeletal parts being essentially vaporized.  Maybee i rely too much on ibeam based weapons, but 90% of complete kills are when the ibeam phases into the core and when the 2 collide the core (or potentially whatever skeletal parts it hits) is deleted and the ibeam remains usually at enough velocity to do more damage. 

13 hours ago, Mycroft said:

@Abraxsas, if you could do some craft reviews, I would subscribe to your channel. If you're ever in need of craft to review, (which you almost certainly won't) take a look at my KerbalX page. I'll be doing an official submission later, but I would be ecstatic if you would do reviews.

I think I would love to take a look at other people's craft.

Well, I have a new ship. A big ship. One of the biggest I have made...

IDJAhr0.jpg0JvjYkr.png

Currently I have two variants of this ship. The variants have different armaments with the first one having mostly moveable turrets.
Both designs have a stockpile of 4 re-fire missiles that have secondary SRBs that dramatically increase their speed.
Get around to another person's craft first if you can. I know I have had my fair share of craft reviews. Otherwise take a look at this if you are interested.

Both craft are 100% stock KSP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkV1JMLUNQNkpQMkE -A

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkQjRGSktVNGN1NWs -B

I plan on doing a showcase on my own of these crafts because my computer seems to be only barely able to stay above 20 FPS in game with these things...

A few basic facts...

A variant 

Parts: 1768
Mass: 221.337t
Crew Complement: 16

Size
Height: 10.9m
Width: 17.6m
Length: 32.2m

Thrust: 480kN
Torque: ~65.0kNm
TWR: 0.23 (0.31)
Delta-V ~2,500
Burn Time:16:20s

B variant

Parts: 1376
Mass: 216.373t

Size
Height: 10.5m

TWR: 0.23 (0.32)
Delta-V ~2,500

Edited by Abraxsas

18 minutes ago, Abraxsas said:

IDJAhr0.jpg0JvjYkr.png

Currently I have two variants of this ship. The variants have different armaments with the first one having mostly moveable turrets.
Both designs have a stockpile of 4 re-fire missiles that have secondary SRBs that dramatically increase their speed.
Get around to another person's craft first if you can. I know I have had my fair share of craft reviews. Otherwise take a look at this if you are interested.

Both craft are 100% stock KSP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkV1JMLUNQNkpQMkE -A

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkQjRGSktVNGN1NWs -B

I plan on doing a showcase on my own of these crafts because my computer seems to be only barely able to stay above 20 FPS in game with these things...

A few basic facts...

A variant 

Mass: 221.337t

Size
Height: 10.9m

TWR: 0.23 (0.31)
Delta-V ~2,500

B variant

Mass: 216.373t

Size
Height: 10.5m

TWR: 0.23 (0.32)
Delta-V ~2,500

WOW! that is first thing tomorrow! I can't wait!

that is if no one else posts after you. Like you said, I should give other people a chance first.

Edited by 8bitgammers

Just now, 8bitgammers said:

Awesome, thank you.

2 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

that is if no one else posts after you. Like you said, I should give other people a chance first.

Just remember the second stage on the re-fire missiles and that you can relock the turrets by quicksaving and reloading.

22 minutes ago, Abraxsas said:

IDJAhr0.jpg0JvjYkr.png

A variant 

B variant

That makes my 980 part Venator replica look simplistic... 

u0qEAYi.png

1800 parts JUST WOW, i prolly couldn't even load that without crashing :)...  Also, i really like those turrets, not as armored as my own variants made primarily of structural panels, but they feature 2 axis of rotation.

33 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

Not to be rude or impatient, but it's been about a week since I posted a few craft of mine here, and I have yet to receive so much as an acknowledgement that the post was noticed.

2 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

That makes my 980 part Venator replica look simplistic... 

u0qEAYi.png

1800 parts JUST WOW, i prolly couldn't even load that without crashing :)...  Also, i really like those turrets, not as armored as my own variants made primarily of structural panels, but they feature 2 axis of rotation.

Thank you.

That craft doesn't look that bad itself. A Lot of the part count comes from the turrets, they are about ~70 parts each give or take 5 or so

That is a beautiful screen shot by the way...

On 8/20/2016 at 3:55 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Well, here are a few craft I've made that I always thought deserved a little more attention.

This one requires KAS, not sure if mods are allowed with this but I'll submit it anyway

And one more, it's technically a pack but if you can make a video of you flying the entire mission and returning you get... uh, well, I'll think of something to do..

Here they are @8bitgammers so you may take a look...

12 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Not to be rude or impatient, but it's been about a week since I posted a few craft of mine here, and I have yet to receive so much as an acknowledgement that the post was noticed.

I have tried to do reviews on your crafts, but they come up as having invalid parts. I don't know why?

1 hour ago, 8bitgammers said:

I have tried to do reviews on your crafts, but they come up as having invalid parts. I don't know why?

I'm not sure why that's happening, unless you tried to open the trebuchet. All the others should be stock, and they shouldn't be old enough to be broken. What parts does it say it's missin? That may give me a clue as to what the problem is...

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I'm not sure why that's happening, unless you tried to open the trebuchet. All the others should be stock, and they shouldn't be old enough to be broken. What parts does it say it's missin? That may give me a clue as to what the problem is...

Oh, I had just assumed you were using a mod or something, I'll download a different one of your crafts for tomorrow's episodes.

23 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

Oh, I had just assumed you were using a mod or something, I'll download a different one of your crafts for tomorrow's episodes.

Yeah, the trebuchet does indeed use a mod, there was no other way to get a working sling on it, but the others should work fine in stock.

13 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Yeah, the trebuchet does indeed use a mod, there was no other way to get a working sling on it, but the others should work fine in stock.

Here is the review of your Monitor replica.

I wanted to do a review on your Pre-ww1 plane, but It didn't come out too well, and I don't think I had much to say about it. It needed the gravity to be turned off to fly, so I guess it is more of a decorative craft, and not really my specialty. sorry about that, if you have any other craft, I will gladly review them later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.