Craft review submissions

20 hours ago, Abraxsas said:

Well, I have a new ship. A big ship. One of the biggest I have made...

IDJAhr0.jpg0JvjYkr.png

Currently I have two variants of this ship. The variants have different armaments with the first one having mostly moveable turrets.
Both designs have a stockpile of 4 re-fire missiles that have secondary SRBs that dramatically increase their speed.
Get around to another person's craft first if you can. I know I have had my fair share of craft reviews. Otherwise take a look at this if you are interested.

Both craft are 100% stock KSP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkV1JMLUNQNkpQMkE -A

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkQjRGSktVNGN1NWs -B

I plan on doing a showcase on my own of these crafts because my computer seems to be only barely able to stay above 20 FPS in game with these things...

A few basic facts...

A variant 

Parts: 1768
Mass: 221.337t
Crew Complement: 16

Size
Height: 10.9m
Width: 17.6m
Length: 32.2m

Thrust: 480kN
Torque: ~65.0kNm
TWR: 0.23 (0.31)
Delta-V ~2,500
Burn Time:16:20s

B variant

Parts: 1376
Mass: 216.373t
Crew Complement: 16

Size
Height: 10.5m
Width: 17.6m
Length: 32.2m

Thrust: 480kN
Torque: ~65.0kNm
TWR: 0.23 (0.32)
Delta-V ~2,500
Burn Time:16:20s

here is the review for your craft! I really liked it. I'm sad that it lagged my computer so bad.

Just now, 8bitgammers said:

here is the review for your craft! I really liked it. I'm sad that it lagged my computer so bad.

Yeah, my computer is a beast and it can barely run it at a stable, enjoyable frame rate. I guess that's what 1.5K parts does though. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Just now, Abraxsas said:

Al

Do you think I should make a video about it on my own?

Its fine. I think that 8bitgammers did a review of it before and I specifically improved upon almost all of what was mentioned(can't fix part count, and did my best with armor). 

1 minute ago, 8bitgammers said:

ok, i'll schedule that for tomorrow.

Thanks.

Just now, Abraxsas said:

Just stock mostly, on a separate game install on another account not through steam i have my slightly modded KSP install with venstock and a few other mods. To answer your question, other than stock parts none, I think...

I'm talking computer components(video card, CPU, etc.).

1 minute ago, Alphasus said:

Yeah, I won't do any better trying to run a Charon than you. 

Xeon E3 1246 v3

GTX 970

16 GB DDR3

I just switched out the graphics card though, my last one broke. I now have a EVGA 1080 FTW instead, my bad.

@8bitgammers 

The boxkite... shouldn't... need gravity hack. It has plenty of lift for its weight, and I don't think it's engines have been nerfed or anything since it was built.

It may have been the undercarriage. Because it doesn't have a tricycle wheel arrangement, trying to pitch up won't work quite as effectively. The back wheel should rise off the ground by itself, once that happens you can pitch up, at which point the plane should rise off the ground.

I'm in the middle of a road trip right now, but I'll take a look at it as soon as I'm able.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

@8bitgammers 

The boxkite... shouldn't... need gravity hack. It has plenty of lift for its weight, and I don't think it's engines have been nerfed or anything since it was built.

It may have been the undercarriage. Because it doesn't have a tricycle wheel arrangement, trying to pitch up won't work quite as effectively. The back wheel should rise off the ground by itself, once that happens you can pitch up, at which point the plane should rise off the ground.

I'm in the middle of a road trip right now, but I'll take a look at it as soon as I'm able.

it was the weirdest thing. I tried multiple things to try and get it to take off, but when ever it reached 30m/s it would do a nose dive and then stop.

Well there is something im working on i think ill submit to you (once its finished that is, prolly a few days).  Im actually working on a fully SSTO capable SR-1 replica with a custom modeled interior...  Doesnt look like much yet but i still havent added all the interior details like crew stations, finish the hangar (which btw ive actually managed to air drop a rover out of which then exploded as i forgot to add parachutes!), and then actually get the engines as it was in mass effect 1.  What i have now are placeholder VTOLs just to see if it was even capable of airborne operation at all since used cargo bay tricks to disable the aero forces on 90% of the interior so it doesnt fly that badly...

mP7YkH4.png

Its not quite a combat ship (armed with 2 single shot cannons and no armor to speak of), but i think its thusfar my greatest achievement and makes the old SSTO SR-1 i had in 0.25 look like trash (not to mention this one works with new aero and doesnt use any real exploits aside from alot of part clipping which isnt even a exploit in many eyes).

This is my current work-in-progress, dubbed Porco Rosso. Since you're reviewing crafts, I figured I'd request another pair of eyes giving feedback and possible improvements.

Download link (KerbalX craft with full description and Action Group listing): https://kerbalx.com/Samniss_Arandeen/Porco-Rosso

Here's a picture of Porco Rosso (as of current, the only one I've yet taken) as she currently flies:

38568FFF7DBB4B95095041A19A14F5528CD11E45

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.