Craft review submissions

On September 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Fellow314 said:

If you have the time and the inclination, I'd love to know if this works for anyone else. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja6w975arq51h4l/LKOLFLV NMJ.craft?dl=0

yFaZin4.png

tested your craft, it's great and does it's job fine. one thing i would suggest is adding more fuel, but it's not really needed.

here is the vid.

5 hours ago, Fellow314 said:

:D:D:D

Dude, that's awesome, thank you!  This is actually the first time I'm certain someone's used one of my ships.  

Instructions, I definitely should have included them, I'm sorry - I'm awful at documentation.

don't worry about descriptions, not many people use them.

Alright, here's a craft that I'm almost certain is useable. The thread has has recent posts on it and none appear to be reporting any issues. The craft is nearly 900 parts but it's well worth it. It's been called a legend, and is probably my most well known craft.

And just to be clear, this was the U-boat back in the day, all (or most) of these new ones popping up have been inspired by mine.

Oh yeah, I recommend using Vessel Mover or HyperEdit to get it into the water. They are mods, but They don't add parts or change gameplay, they just allow you to move ships more easily. Besides, if the navies of the real world can build ships right on the coast and launch them directly to the water, why should I have to put wheels on it and drive it to the shore? 

Well now that i finished this thing, i think ill submit it for you if you are interested...

U6QrhQh.png

Anyways, its a fully functional SSTO SR-1 Normandy replica with a customized interior (really getting into making custom interiors recently since im in need of some cinematic capital ships for my comic im working on).  You might have some trouble actually getting this into LKO (may take a few tries if you dont get the ascent profile correct, check the link for the download and the flight instructions which will help you alot).  Aside from that, im still working on a new mako for it (the old one sucked) so in a bit ill update the craft with a rover that can be air-dropped ontop of the enemy (and more likely then not will explode right after you do so).  It has no armor to speak of so you probably dont need to test that out (go ahead and blow it up if you feel like it though), and its weapons are pretty much there for the hell of it and nothing more (although with good luck you can 1 shot almost any ship with them, optimal range is ~200m).  Otherwise, im super happy with the internals, make sure to bring plenty of kerbals onboard it when testing so it looks best when you have them manning crew stations...

Edited by panzer1b

2 hours ago, THE NARWHAL said:

I have a craft for you to review. It's my replica of the U-534, and if you could while you're reviewing it, could you make it submersible? If you could, i would greatly appreciate it. 

11 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Well now that i finished this thing, i think ill submit it for you if you are interested...

U6QrhQh.png

Anyways, its a fully functional SSTO SR-1 Normandy replica with a customized interior (really getting into making custom interiors recently since im in need of some cinematic capital ships for my comic im working on).  You might have some trouble actually getting this into LKO (may take a few tries if you dont get the ascent profile correct, check the link for the download and the flight instructions which will help you alot).  Aside from that, im still working on a new mako for it (the old one sucked) so in a bit ill update the craft with a rover that can be air-dropped ontop of the enemy (and more likely then not will explode right after you do so).  It has no armor to speak of so you probably dont need to test that out (go ahead and blow it up if you feel like it though), and its weapons are pretty much there for the hell of it and nothing more (although with good luck you can 1 shot almost any ship with them, optimal range is ~200m).  Otherwise, im super happy with the internals, make sure to bring plenty of kerbals onboard it when testing so it looks best when you have them manning crew stations...

On September 6, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Samniss Arandeen said:

This is my current work-in-progress, dubbed Porco Rosso. Since you're reviewing crafts, I figured I'd request another pair of eyes giving feedback and possible improvements.

Download link (KerbalX craft with full description and Action Group listing): https://kerbalx.com/Samniss_Arandeen/Porco-Rosso

Here's a picture of Porco Rosso (as of current, the only one I've yet taken) as she currently flies:

38568FFF7DBB4B95095041A19A14F5528CD11E45

I'll do all these craft plus one more today. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think I can do it.

also, If I get these all done I might re-review alphasus's craft so thats 6 craft in total. Get ready guys!

Edited by 8bitgammers

35 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

also, If I get these all done I might re-review alphasus's craft so thats 6 craft in total. Get ready guys!

I think that's a new craft. I'll warn you that I couldn't fix a few things about it, but the weapons are far better. Also I gave you 2 crafts(should add up to 5 crafts), which have different chassis and weapons. Also thanks very much!

Edited by Alphasus

I have another new ship to add to my list...

unknown.png

I've tried to add a wide variety of weapons to this.

It sports
4x I beam rotational warheads
2x re-fire SSM missiles
2x 1x2 pintle mounted rotational warhead turrets (+8 warheads)
1x Mk2 Heavy torpedo 
6x Standard torpedos

I wanted to get creative with the structure and try to blend some parts on an attempt to make a circular like design Although I did use a prefab chassis and modified it a little to flow with the design.

this craft took approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to make, although has not be armor tested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkaG00c0dNU0E5ams

Here are some specifications...

Massada Class

Parts: 828
Mass: 110.723t
Max Crew Complement: 19

Size
Height: 6.1m
Width: 13.7m
Length: 25.4m

Thrust: 360kN
Torque: ~264.0kNm
TWR: 0.53 (0.53)
Delta-V ~2,000
Burn Time: ~7:30s

Edited by Abraxsas

And another one...

unknown.png

This craft is a beefed up transport vessel with added heavy armor plating, ramming spear, added weapons, and ramming thrusters.

It has a few downsides such as low TWR for its size and being a relatively weak transport in the first place, but i've made up for its weaknesses by adding SRB thrusters for one time use situations and more armor allowing it to survive in prolonged combat situations. The addition of more weapons than its weaker counterpart but its complement is still limited. 

The craft is fundamentally flawed because of the amount of weight in lander cans I added.
I really don't know what to think about this craft but I would appreciate some hard feedback on what to do.
I will leave you with this and the original craft I designed and based this off of. to compare the two.

Here are the specs for the two ships

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkSjZSamJhYWE5Z28
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkODV2Uk5YSkc5VEk

Bernard Class Heavy Gunship

Parts: 808
Mass: 195.075t
Max Crew Complement: 36

Size
Height: 8.1m
Width: 14.1m
Length: 21.7m

Thrust: 240kN
Torque: ~109.0kNm
TWR: 0.23 (0.23)
Delta-V ~3,500
Burn Time: ~37min

Barkley Class Crew transport

Parts: 768
Mass: 167.449t

Size
Height: 7.2m
Width: 13.9m
Length: 16.2m

TWR: 0.25 (0.25)
Delta-V ~4,000

Edited by Abraxsas

I have ben having trouble with a few of the craft files sent to me. So, I may only do a few crafts today.

just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is submitting there crafts, and apologies if I can't get to them all. Also, some of the crafts being sent to me are aesthetic crafts, and I really don't know how to judge them because they don't really have a function. I am not going to change the rules though, I'll review anything that has a purpose.

4 hours ago, Alphasus said:

I think that's a new craft. I'll warn you that I couldn't fix a few things about it, but the weapons are far better. Also I gave you 2 crafts(should add up to 5 crafts), which have different chassis and weapons. Also thanks very much!

here is the review!

more reviews later.

25 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

here is the review!

more reviews later.

I know that bug and hate it... I constantly fire at ~400 m, so it works at those ranges. But at close ranges that bug is sooo horrible. I think you have a 2nd craft of mine with a different hull(similar style) and 3 smaller ASMs. That should have a trial by fire in the Naval Battle Club if you want to stop by.=)

Edited by Alphasus

15 hours ago, Abraxsas said:

And another one...

unknown.png

This craft is a beefed up transport vessel with added heavy armor plating, ramming spear, added weapons, and ramming thrusters.

It has a few downsides such as low TWR for its size and being a relatively weak transport in the first place, but i've made up for its weaknesses by adding SRB thrusters for one time use situations and more armor allowing it to survive in prolonged combat situations. The addition of more weapons than its weaker counterpart but its complement is still limited. 

The craft is fundamentally flawed because of the amount of weight in lander cans I added.
I really don't know what to think about this craft but I would appreciate some hard feedback on what to do.
I will leave you with this and the original craft I designed and based this off of. to compare the two.

Here are the specs for the two ships

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkSjZSamJhYWE5Z28
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkODV2Uk5YSkc5VEk

Bernard Class Heavy Gunship

Parts: 808
Mass: 195.075t

Size
Height: 8.1m
Width: 14.1m
Length: 21.7m

TWR: 0.23 (0.23)
Delta-V ~3,500

Barkley Class Crew transport

Parts: 768
Mass: 167.449t

Size
Height: 7.2m
Width: 13.9m
Length: 16.2m

TWR: 0.25 (0.25)
Delta-V ~4,000

here is your review! the ship worked well, and I was surprised at how well the armor held up.

20 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

I have ben having trouble with a few of the craft files sent to me. So, I may only do a few crafts today.

just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is submitting there crafts, and apologies if I can't get to them all. Also, some of the crafts being sent to me are aesthetic crafts, and I really don't know how to judge them because they don't really have a function. I am not going to change the rules though, I'll review anything that has a purpose.

So can you tell me what the issue is?  If its something about dropbox i can always upload it to another site...  Also, i do not use any part mods so everyone should be able to load up one of my ships regardless of model...  Ohh, and while my craft was designed for aesthetics, one of my main goals was to make if functional in the stock aero and thus the main test would be whether you can actually get it into orbit at all (the absolute max ive ever managed was 200x200km although ive launched it like 20 times by now so i know the exact profile, kinda curious what someone who hasn't ever flown it can do).

Edited by panzer1b

On 9/10/2016 at 11:43 AM, Abraxsas said:

I have another new ship to add to my list...

unknown.png

I've tried to add a wide variety of weapons to this.

It sports
4x I beam rotational warheads
2x re-fire SSM missiles
2x 1x2 pintle mounted rotational warhead turrets (+8 warheads)
1x Mk2 Heavy torpedo 
6x Standard torpedos

I wanted to get creative with the structure and try to blend some parts on an attempt to make a circular like design Although I did use a prefab chassis and modified it a little to flow with the design.

this craft took approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to make, although has not be armor tested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkaG00c0dNU0E5ams

Here are some specifications...

Massada Class

Parts: 828
Mass: 110.723t
Max Crew Complement: 19

Size
Height: 6.1m
Width: 13.7m
Length: 25.4m

Thrust: 360kN
Torque: ~264.0kNm
TWR: 0.53 (0.53)
Delta-V ~2,000
Burn Time: ~7:30s

See if you can cover this one next in the near future...

I would love to see a review

25 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

here is the review of this craft. it was very affective.

Thanks you! I will see what i can do to minimize part count but i think the only option would be to remove the rotatable turrets. The craft would definitely still remain effective as a directed heavy cruiser so im not too worried about a lack of armament, the turrets together addd  about 150 parts so that would definitely reduce lag...

See if you can put a part count limiter on so that people like me stop asking for ships over say 500 parts. I think this would reduce lag and improve video quality in general even though you sacrifice the ability to use craft over whatever part count. Also since you are having a hard time running craft over 750 parts it won't matter because you can't exactly review them anyways. Although, with 1.2 and some optimization features it may bring, it could expand the part count of craft you can fly with.

Related to that, see if you can do spaceship craft testing outside of kerbin's SOI. The simpler area would mean better frame rates not having to render kerbin in such detail. This would also basically mean that you wouldn't have to worry about it being day or night, (there is no night side of the sun) and you would get a less sporadic debris field. You would also be doing this all with one lightsource.

Edited by Abraxsas

@Abraxas, you have officially inspired me to create a flak-turret that can be used on anything from tanks to capital ships!  The current prototype (intended for mounting on my newly built Panzer-IV chassis to create a FlaKPanzer-IV) is ~60 parts not counting weapons, is fully armored (not a single part that isnt structural), and is pretty smooth motion considering its like going back to square wheels and shafts which dont exactly slide well.  Works best in low gravity environments but it does work on kerbin (technically).

0qsZqQi.png

Its not perfect by any means yet, and its incredibly heavy but its able to survive direct impacts from anything but heavy weapons.

hrttVQ5.png

Its also pretty damn modular in design so you can remove the elevation axis if you dont need it (for example in tanks), and you can place more or less whatever you want to on it in terms of weapons (wont work in kerbin grav but you can mount dual heavy capital ship SRBs onboard this thing with no structural failures or issues of any kind).  Ohh, and the turret is so well built that it snaps back together using docking ports when you quicksave and quickload (docking ports allign) so its not a 1 shot use like the fairly popular bearings that use a decoupler inside.

Thanks for the inspiration Abraxas, if you are interested in trying it out the prototype on your ships PM me or post a request here, (it will most likely lower your part counts not to mention give you near indestructible turrets outside of excessively heavy weapons like SRBs and ASMs) otherwise wait for the release of my FlaKPanzer-IV AA tank.

And the best part: IT SHOOTS DOWN ACTUAL PLANES!

Spoiler

DE8WRdq.png

apkpILc.png

YqbDLwd.png

BUOD6Y4.png

Gotta try this thing out on a capital ship, armed with a SRM-4 cannon it'll be quite lethal to anything in teh area.

Edited by panzer1b

Hey 8bit... I mean PastaRasta... I mean Lord Pasta bud. I got two crafts for you, both of them I have made Timelapses for on my Channel and was wondering if you could review them for me.

First up the United Kerbal Navy Corps Exploration Class Cruiser: The Spirit of Autumn

Timelapse:

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?z03ic4r2y2zva99

Next up is the United Kerbal Navy Corps Fighter Division: Merlin Fighter

Timelapse:

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?676d8u338rt2a3r

Both are pure stock as always, thanks in advanced :)

Edited by FTWG4M3RS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.