Craft review submissions

34 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

review your craft. nice rockets, the only problem is that they weigh the craft down a lot.

Thank you so much! There was more to the craft description like toggle able flaps and a ladder but that was just about it. Thanks for the advice on the craft, I'll be sure to replace the I bet warheads with simpler misses. :)

1 minute ago, Abraxsas said:

Thank you so much! There was more to the craft description like toggle able flaps and a ladder but that was just about it. Thanks for the advice on the craft, I'll be sure to replace the I bet warheads with simpler misses. :)

your welcome.

I would enjoy seeing someone try out my BanderStar... I believe it is currently configured for asteroid interception, but you can just remove the bottom grabber module and it should be capable of getting you to the Mun or Minmus for refueling and then just about anywhere: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24104970/BanderStar.craft

BanderStar5.jpg

You need to let the jets warm up before take-off and level off as soon as possible to build up speed and ascend like you would an SSTO. I ditch the ramjets when they cut out and with the mining module I start making liquid fuel once I'm in orbit.

13 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

review your craft. nice rockets, the only problem is that they weigh the craft down a lot.

Hey, is there any way I can get involved in the reviewing process of these crafts?

I am tying to get more experience with video editing, I already have adobe premier and a basic understanding of how to use it so I have the tools to make some pretty cool videos. I have about 1000 hours give or take a day or two in KSP so I would say i'm pretty skilled. I noticed another person who was asking about helping out with craft reviews so if you already have any help you would need covered that's fine. I also have a rather powerful computer and I can forward you my specs if you like to use me in rendering although I would be superfluous to basically uploading to YouTube. I really just want to help you with this series in any way that I can and it would be awesome if I could do so.

5 hours ago, Abraxsas said:

Hey, is there any way I can get involved in the reviewing process of these crafts?

I am tying to get more experience with video editing, I already have adobe premier and a basic understanding of how to use it so I have the tools to make some pretty cool videos. I have about 1000 hours give or take a day or two in KSP so I would say i'm pretty skilled. I noticed another person who was asking about helping out with craft reviews so if you already have any help you would need covered that's fine. I also have a rather powerful computer and I can forward you my specs if you like to use me in rendering although I would be superfluous to basically uploading to YouTube. I really just want to help you with this series in any way that I can and it would be awesome if I could do so.

I already asked him. He said its fine.

On August 29, 2016 at 1:28 AM, Abraxsas said:

that would be a great idea. seeing as it is very hard for me to make videos on the weekdays I would love some help. If you don't mind me asking, what is your youtube channel name? I just want to know so I can link it under my reviews of your craft. Also,if you ever run out of crafts to review, you can always review mine if you want.

I have a modified version of the stock game's "Kerbal X" rocket here, and would be delighted if you could review it.

uAzDiWX.png

Pronouncd "Kerbal X Prime", "X Prime" or simply "Prime" for short, this vehicle is intended as an improvement of the venerable X. Designers asked Kerbonauts for suggestions of things they would like to see added to the X, and then went to work seeing how many could be integrated into an enhanced version of the classic spacecraft and launch-vehicle. The result was the Prime: a vehicle boasting several amenities that were absent from its predecessor, such as deployable sun-tracking solar-panels, retractable comms antenna, RCS thruters, crew-passable docking port, ablative heat-shield, and a revolutionary "Abort and Escape Motor" from Kerbodyne which allows the crew to abort their mission even in the event of the most severe vehicular failures, AND which carries the command-capsule with crew inside a safe distance from any potential explosions, allowing the crew to escape the ailing launch-vehicle and live to fly another day.

Although it sacrifices almost 400 meters per second of vacuum delta-V (the exact amount sacrificed is dependent upon the timing of when the escape-motor is jettisoned), designers guarantee that it can still reach the Mun using a fancy "free-return-trajectory" which is somehow a safer way to travel to the Mun, and to put itself into a tight circular orbit around the Mun. Once in that orbit around the Mun, the designers also guarantee that it will still have enough Delta-V either to land on the Mun or to return to Kerbin. They warn, however, that they are unsure whether it will have enough delta-V to return to Kerbin, or even get back into orbit around the Mun, after a Munar landing. When designers told Jeb they didn't know if the Prime can get home to Kerbin after a Munar landing, he simply said, "Watch me."

Edited by StevieC
added pic and the description that should show up when picking the craft in your launch menu from the space-center

On 8/30/2016 at 6:31 PM, 8bitgammers said:

that would be a great idea. seeing as it is very hard for me to make videos on the weekdays I would love some help. If you don't mind me asking, what is your youtube channel name? I just want to know so I can link it under my reviews of your craft. Also,if you ever run out of crafts to review, you can always review mine if you want.

Hello! Sorry for the late response, I was busy with school and didnt really have time for anything else. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjYuqnp1spBCg_IPDHdUy_A

There is my youtube channel, right now it's just a bunch of Airsoft stuff but I have a few KSP vids lined up involving combat situations and a few craft review things for a couple of ships. (+me landing the C7 Highliner) Right now there taking up space on my SSD so i'll upload them soon.

I think reviewing or cross reviewing your crafts would be awesome and I would be honored to do so. I have a mic and I am comfortable using it so thats a plus.

Again sorry for the late response, I hope you are having a wonderful evening/day.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:31 PM, 8bitgammers said:

I have an updated Craft list, a few actually...

I have the list pasted in level of importance

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkenZHZlplVUI0WFk  -Spacecraft (try looking at this)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkTGZpOHpab1lFZU0 -Polaris Industries Spacecraft (see if you can look at this)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkZHd2VS0ya3dQOGM -Ground Vehicles (do this if you need something diffrent)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkUzVURlBaTnZybDQ -Space stations (if you really want to...)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Q5NPUcsUYkYkw4UTZFZVlQa1E -Aircraft (Don't need to look at)

Edited by Abraxsas

@Abraxsas, if you could do some craft reviews, I would subscribe to your channel. If you're ever in need of craft to review, (which you almost certainly won't) take a look at my KerbalX page. I'll be doing an official submission later, but I would be ecstatic if you would do reviews.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

No, KJR is a structural enhancement mod.

KJR is Kerbal Joint Reinforcement which basically makes part joints stronger and flex less. I couldn't play without it honestly.

I'll try to get it soon, but I don't know if it will ruin my ALL STOCK vibe I have on my channel lol.

don't worry, I'll figure it out.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

It will only improve your stock vibe :P , trust me.

I doubt it honestly. People build stock combat ships, and those crafts become far stronger with joint reinforcement, as joint disconnect is the main kill method.

1 minute ago, 8bitgammers said:

ok, i'll look it up.

See my post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.