[1.12.0] KrakenScience 1.0 [2020-01-15]

Well

Kraken Science 0.9 is online, this update is really just a fix for KSP 1.8, don't update if not needed.

I still have a problem in 1.8 for translucent part (Kraken specimen) look weird.

I release it anyway, for fix all texture, broken in 1.8.

KrakenScience 0.9 [2019-10-19]
-------------------------------

- All texture converted to DDS DXT5 for KSP 1.8
	- Added some missings tags

28 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

As long as it doesn't affect gameplay, it is fine I guess.

Everything work fine, that the only "visual" bug / artefact.

that why i've made the release for now.

I could try to fix that later, sorry for that.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi - thanks for updating this mod for 1.8! I don't know how the Snail engine snuck into this mod, but I really like it and want to use it! 

Are you aware of any issues with this engine and the Kerbal Engineer Redux staging/dV display in the VAB? In this screenshot you can see that KER has no idea what's going on, and amazingly, the built-in tools are getting it right. Just to be clear, there is a Snail attached to the probe core and then a decoupler, the monoprop tanks are also attached to the prob core. On the bottom both Snail engines are attached directly to the monoprop tank.

I fully realize this is likely a KER issue ... but since this is the only engine I have that does this to KER, I thought I'd just ask if there was something unexpected and/or special about this engine? I don't know enough about mods to spelunk into the cfgs so here I am hoping for any words of wisdom.

Thanks!

4JNR1et.jpg

15 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hi - thanks for updating this mod for 1.8! I don't know how the Snail engine snuck into this mod, but I really like it and want to use it! 

Are you aware of any issues with this engine and the Kerbal Engineer Redux staging/dV display in the VAB? In this screenshot you can see that KER has no idea what's going on, and amazingly, the built-in tools are getting it right. Just to be clear, there is a Snail attached to the probe core and then a decoupler, the monoprop tanks are also attached to the prob core. On the bottom both Snail engines are attached directly to the monoprop tank.

I fully realize this is likely a KER issue ... but since this is the only engine I have that does this to KER, I thought I'd just ask if there was something unexpected and/or special about this engine? I don't know enough about mods to spelunk into the cfgs so here I am hoping for any words of wisdom.

Thanks!

4JNR1et.jpg

This engine is really simple, just a monoprop engine, pretty much the same config like the puff engine from stock. So i don't think i could do anything for you sorry. Probably KER or KSP problem.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:51 AM, Well said:

Everything work fine, that the only "visual" bug / artefact.

that why i've made the release for now.

I could try to fix that later, sorry for that.

I've seen the same artifact in other mods.  Would love to know if/when you fix it and what the reason is

But, I don't think it is specific to translucent. Where I've  seen it there aren't and translucent parts 

6 hours ago, Well said:

This engine is really simple, just a monoprop engine, pretty much the same config like the puff engine from stock. So i don't think i could do anything for you sorry. Probably KER or KSP problem.

Thanks! Knowing there's nothing unusual about its config helps narrow it down to KER, so I'll probably ask over there. Thanks again! 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone use this along side ReStock? A few of the Kraken Science Parts are missing textures and I'm 99% sure its due to ReStock's blacklist feature of stock models and textures.

I'm basically just looking for a Kraken Science whitelist if anyone has one already.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Stratickus said:

Does anyone use this along side ReStock? A few of the Kraken Science Parts are missing textures and I'm 99% sure its due to ReStock's blacklist feature of stock models and textures.

I'm basically just looking for a Kraken Science whitelist if anyone has one already.

Cheers,

I do. No issues here.

3 minutes ago, Stratickus said:

Cheers,

That not supposed to be a problem, i also use restock, please redownload KrakenScience and let me know

10 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

I do. No issues here.

6 minutes ago, Well said:

That not supposed to be a problem, i also use restock, please redownload KrakenScience and let me know

Weird. I just reinstalled it and its fine now. The only thing I can think of is I got Kraken Science via CKAN. I just downloaded the mod via this thread. All seems to be fine now. Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, Stratickus said:

Weird. I just reinstalled it and its fine now. The only thing I can think of is I got Kraken Science via CKAN. I just downloaded the mod via this thread. All seems to be fine now. Thanks for the help.

I've request a black list for CKAN, my mod are not supposed to be here. I don't support CKAN, please download from my thread, generally Spacedock

That's a shame you don't support CKAN, that's the only reason I know of this mod in the first place, I (and I'm sure many others) avoid installing mods outside of CKAN due to ease of updating and version checking, dependencies, suggested mods, etc all being automated.

3 hours ago, Gawdin said:

That's a shame you don't support CKAN, that's the only reason I know of this mod in the first place, I (and I'm sure many others) avoid installing mods outside of CKAN due to ease of updating and version checking, dependencies, suggested mods, etc all being automated.

I've already talked about that, please accept why i do that.

Generally CKAN user don't really go on the forum, or just don't really read or follow the modder. I've also see too many bug or bad install due to CKAN, in this case i don't want to fix bug caused by something i can't do anything.

I make mod for my self but also for social interaction. I don't care to have many many download, i just love to see or know when people have fun with my mod.

If you like a mod, talk about it to other player, share screenshot... that the best way to support him, i don't need to be on a long list of unknown mod.

I hope my bad english don't break too much what i've wanted to said. Thanks

2 hours ago, Well said:

I've already talked about that, please accept why i do that.

Generally CKAN user don't really go on the forum, or just don't really read or follow the modder. I've also see too many bug or bad install due to CKAN, in this case i don't want to fix bug caused by something i can't do anything.

I make mod for my self but also for social interaction. I don't care to have many many download, i just love to see or know when people have fun with my mod.

If you like a mod, talk about it to other player, share screenshot... that the best way to support him, i don't need to be on a long list of unknown mod.

I hope my bad english don't break too much what i've wanted to said. Thanks

I do love your mod and have fun with it, and I may be one of the few that actually do go to the forum through CKAN just to make sure the mod is installed properly (being an experienced modder, I actually RTFM, and the last page or two of comments when relevant). Like I mentioned, I would have never known about the mod (nor you) if it weren't for CKAN. It is an adorable mod and has become a staple in my gameplay, even if at the beginning it is just the flag, which your flag is the one I use since discovering it (previously I was using ScanSat's flag). I'm glad I did happen to check the forum when I noticed it wasn't updated to 1.9.1 yet to know you pulled CKAN support.

As far as your English goes, aside from a couple missing words and minor grammar issues it is adequately understandable.

You've done great work and I hope you continue modding into KSP 2 when it comes out. I'll have to add this to my short list of mods/authors I do use that don't use CKAN (Scatter being the only other mod on that short list).

5 hours ago, Gawdin said:

I do love your mod and have fun with it, and I may be one of the few that actually do go to the forum through CKAN just to make sure the mod is installed properly (being an experienced modder, I actually RTFM, and the last page or two of comments when relevant). Like I mentioned, I would have never known about the mod (nor you) if it weren't for CKAN. It is an adorable mod and has become a staple in my gameplay, even if at the beginning it is just the flag, which your flag is the one I use since discovering it (previously I was using ScanSat's flag). I'm glad I did happen to check the forum when I noticed it wasn't updated to 1.9.1 yet to know you pulled CKAN support.

As far as your English goes, aside from a couple missing words and minor grammar issues it is adequately understandable.

You've done great work and I hope you continue modding into KSP 2 when it comes out. I'll have to add this to my short list of mods/authors I do use that don't use CKAN (Scatter being the only other mod on that short list).

I've also been using this mod since, well, forever and really enjoy it. It was in this thread that I found out about another one of @Well's mods that doesn't show up on CKAN

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, Well said:

I've request a black list for CKAN, my mod are not supposed to be here. I don't support CKAN, please download from my thread, generally Spacedock

Hi, me again. Just letting you know that this mod has been removed from CKAN, and you have been added to the opt-out list. Good luck with your mods!

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, me again. Just letting you know that this mod has been removed from CKAN, and you have been added to the opt-out list. Good luck with your mods!

Many thanks for your work

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.