[1.12.0] KrakenScience 1.0 [2020-01-15]

Well

Others modification/bug or wish for the mod? Because it is not enough to make a new update. It will wait for the version 0.5

Conveniently I did not have return on the animations, it is funny or without interest?

13 hours ago, Well said:

Others modification/bug or wish for the mod? Because it is not enough to make a new update. It will wait for the version 0.5

Conveniently I did not have return on the animations, it is funny or without interest?

I always had this idea of being able to mine this rare resource called Kraken Waste which is scattered all around Bop.

It can be refined and put in a special engine... The engine is provides insane amounts of thrust but gobbles up the fuel in a matter if seconds. Providing a unique challenge to actually use it for anything other than an escape pod. 

It would be cool if the engine looked like the bottom end of a squid.

Just an idea...

6 minutes ago, BT Industries said:

I always had this idea of being able to mine this rare resource called Kraken Waste which is scattered all around Bop.

It can be refined and put in a special engine... The engine is provides insane amounts of thrust but gobbles up the fuel in a matter if seconds. Providing a unique challenge to actually use it for anything other than an escape pod. 

Just an idea...

Interesting, because since the beginning I plan the creation of a new resource which I call for the moment KrakenJuice. My basic idea was an enormous specimen of Kraken producing this high-powered fuel. Containers would have had a luminescent permanent effect as KrakenGenerator. Where from the name of the agency which I have to add, Glowing Kraken Industries!

For the moment I did not find enough interest in term of gameplay for this fuel OP. Your idea opens can be some perspective. I have to find how well-balanced this genre of fuel.

I imagined a resource impossible to find in the system of Kerbin, only produced by the specimen of a considerable value has to unlock.

But on Bop, it's possible

I really love the look of this mod and it has a ton of potential and seems to have taken a lot of work! Also, I hope I do not offend you at all, because I do not mean to, I love reading your English. I can understand exactly what you mean and are trying to say but it so obviously does not follow correct grammar, the result can be pretty funny. I'm sure if I tried to speak or write in French I'd sound like a babbling moron. 

Anyway, there is one aspect of your mod that I can't seem to figure out unless I download it, which I probably will. Do you need to visit or be near the Kraken to run these experiments? I think that would be a great direction to take this mod, there are a ton of science experiment addons and mods out there but basically all of them come down to "push button, get science." If this mod required visiting the Kraken to run experiments on it, it would really stand out and be very unique and interesting.

Keep up the good work, you seem very talented, once your understanding of Blender improves I'm sure you will make some terrific models to go with the great textures!

Je pensais essayer de convertir en français pour vous. Je ne sais pas si cela peut aider du tout bien.

J'aime vraiment le look de ce mod et il a une tonne de potentiel et semble avoir pris beaucoup de travail! Aussi, je l'espère, je ne vous offense pas du tout, parce que je ne veux pas, j'aime la lecture de votre anglais. Je peux comprendre exactement ce que vous voulez dire et essaient de dire, mais si évidemment ne suit pas les règles de grammaire, le résultat peut être assez drôle. Je suis sûr que si je tentais de parler ou d'écrire en français je parle comme un crétin babillage.

Quoi qu'il en soit, il y a un aspect de votre mod que je ne peux pas sembler figurer dehors à moins que je le télécharger, que je probablement. Avez-vous besoin de visiter ou être près du Kraken pour exécuter ces expériences? Je pense que ce serait une grande direction à prendre ce mod, il y a une tonne de la science addons expérience et mods là-bas mais, fondamentalement, tous viennent vers le bas pour "bouton-poussoir, obtenir la science." Si ce mod nécessaire de visiter le Kraken pour exécuter des expériences sur elle, il serait vraiment se démarquer et être très unique et intéressant.

Continuez votre bon travail, vous semblez très talentueux, une fois que votre compréhension de Blender améliore Je suis sûr que vous ferez quelques modèles fantastiques pour aller avec les grandes textures!

I use an automatic translator, thus useless to be translated, but thank you for the effort;)

I imagine the funny side of my sentences, I am sorry about it.

----------------------------

All the current experiments, work in all the biome of the system, as the parts stock. No link for the moment with the kraken of Bop, except some reports.

I still look how developed the mod, to add of the interest, and not only the scientific experiments

Little Update for the ScaRaB Probe Core

KyV9dCm.jpg

Edited by Well

• 2 weeks later...

Would you like me to get this added to CKAN?  I took a look at the file, and it looks like you did everything correctly in terms of layout, so it will be fairly easy for me to generate the CKAN entry.

I absolutely LOVE this, but would like to see an alternate Cthulu, if possible.

Let me know.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would you like me to get this added to CKAN?  I took a look at the file, and it looks like you did everything correctly in terms of layout, so it will be fairly easy for me to generate the CKAN entry.

Ok

Correction online with 0.5 (Curse on standby for validation / Spacedock ok

-------------------------------------------

KrakenScience 0.5 [2016-11-02]
-------------------------------

- New Model 3d for ScaRaB Sat
    - Update of LittleFrog Texture
    - Change crash tolerance of LittleFrog
    - Correct Folder name mystake

On 10/13/2016 at 4:23 PM, BT Industries said:

Just an idea...

On 10/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, Well said:

Interesting, because since the beginning I plan the creation of a new resource which I call for the moment KrakenJuice. My basic idea was an enormous specimen of Kraken producing this high-powered fuel. Containers would have had a luminescent permanent effect as KrakenGenerator. Where from the name of the agency which I have to add, Glowing Kraken Industries!

For the moment I did not find enough interest in term of gameplay for this fuel OP. Your idea opens can be some perspective. I have to find how well-balanced this genre of fuel.

I imagined a resource impossible to find in the system of Kerbin, only produced by the specimen of a considerable value has to unlock.

Greetings, fellows. I'd like to state that the ideas for this fuel are already covered by Karbonite (a refillable and multipurpose SolidFuel type resource) and Karborundum (near impossible to find and gather but also ultra-efficient and super-OP). But for the concerns and the theme of this mod I could possibly help out and create the resource cfg's for you. I'm sure the interest in KrakenJuice fuel would go up if some specifications were released, for example:

No rare and valuable fuel should be equivalent to SolidFuel, but refining it from KrakenWaste is an awesome start. The proposed KrakenJuice engine (rather than perform like an SRB or Karbonite engine) should have a really high Isp and effectively replace a stock nuke cluster.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, Well said:

That's an awesome idea, but unless you find a decent input for the KrakenJuice producer it'll essentially be a free OP fuel machine. One idea to make that stuff without mining it is to have your oversized Kraken specimen destroy nearby spacecraft in a blaze of glory and output KrakenJuice. :cool: You could even require that it be activated by a kerbal on EVA, while giving a decent countdown for said kerbal to hightail it back to a sufficiently fast spacecraft.

Of course, with this method you'd have to be within the physics range the whole time but outside the blast radius... a lot of config tweaking may be needed there.

If you have your own ideas as to the input I'd love to hear them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 9:26 PM, Jarlgnarök said:

Hello all!

J'adore ce mod, et t'es toujour super réactif pour le mettre à jour à chaque updates.. GG à toi. T'es un exemple pour la commu Fr KSP. :rep:

Peut être pas un exemple quand même, mais merci à toi  / Thanks :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a video in Italian which presents my mod, i don't understands nothing, but thanks to him:

It is interesting to see the various specimens in movement ! 

It was so difficult to move the eyes of the big kraken!          I think it's the 0.4 version   we don't have the Scarab Probe

Edited by Well

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.