Throttle controls also scroll staging

• 3 months later...

This happens with PS4 both in VAB and during flight.  It is frustrating if you're watching the fuel level waiting to stage.  Try scrolling over top of the staging and then adjusting.  Not sure if it will do just the staging and not the engines, but worth a shot. 

Far more frustrating to me is having to switch from map view and flight view during launches and having the nav ball disappear and the highlighting of Apoapsis disappear each time you switch between the two.  Launches are overly stressful because you're trying to awkwardly switch views and then dealing with the bug that zooms you all the way out of the planet on top of everything.

On November 21, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Justin_Kerbal said:

This happens with PS4 both in VAB and during flight.  It is frustrating if you're watching the fuel level waiting to stage.  Try scrolling over top of the staging and then adjusting.  Not sure if it will do just the staging and not the engines, but worth a shot. 

Far more frustrating to me is having to switch from map view and flight view during launches and having the nav ball disappear and the highlighting of Apoapsis disappear each time you switch between the two.  Launches are overly stressful because you're trying to awkwardly switch views and then dealing with the bug that zooms you all the way out of the planet on top of everything.

Have you tried to use the little arrows, those also controls thrust. :wink:

Just now, KerbalXcer said:

The issue above.

... sorry friend, I didn't understand the first time, and I don't now.  My issue is switching from map view to flight view (or whatever it's called) means that the apoapsis is no longer highlighted.  So I have to click the left stick, then highlight it with circle, and at that point I am no longer able to stop thrust without clicking with left stick again.  It's just very awkward and could be avoided if apoapsis could just be highlighted indefinitely. 

On 11/22/2016 at 7:48 PM, Jonfliesgoats said:

The same thing happens on Xbox.  Dpad throttle controls scroll the staging info.  So far it hasn't been worth complaining about since I have my resources window open during launch.  Still, it is a bug.

What happened to erikinthebakery?

Sorry, I haven't been checking this forum as much, and didn't get notified of replies. My original report was for Xbox.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, Justin_Kerbal said:

All of this too!! Plus, switching planets in map view on the bumper buttons has to go! Way, way too easy to accidentally trigger since you use those buttons for EVERYTHING!

17 hours ago, erikinthebakery said:

Sorry, I haven't been checking this forum as much, and didn't get notified of replies. My original report was for Xbox.

All of this too!! Plus, switching planets in map view on the bumper buttons has to go! Way, way too easy to accidentally trigger since you use those buttons for EVERYTHING!

Who could blame squad? The game is meant to be played on the PC. So of course the controls will be annoying, and it will probably stay that way (I don't want  to start an argument so I'm leaving this...)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.