Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

2 hours ago, chimpbone said:

The game was released on 7/14 on Xbox One. A little earlier on PS4. That's a month and a half ago. What we have heard from Squad is that they are "working on a fix" and that it will be coming "soon". There are a lot more issues with the game then the corrupted save. What we have is a broken game that Microsoft and Sony won't let us return. 

And they are working on a fix, as they say. I am confident that it will be released as soon as they possibly can do so. As far as Microsoft and Sony not letting you return it, it seems to me that you would need to take that up with them, right?

2 hours ago, chimpbone said:

The problem is that me and many others feel that KSP in it's current state on console is very lacking, and that it probably shouldn't have been released in it's current state. I personally think it should have released into the preview program where they could have taken their time to develop it for consoles and work out all the bugs and such. That's what most games from smaller companies did that and with great success. That's probably what KSP should have and could have done. Then the customers wouldn't be so upset that they bought a work in progress. 

I think we can all agree that the release in its current state was a mistake. I don't think anyone is arguing that fact at this point. However, it's the past and can't be changed at this point. I think the key thing to remember is that in time, the money you spent will still be money well spent. I do empathize that you bought something you expected to be working immediately and it isn't. I really do think that once you are able to play the game the way it was intended, you will not regret the money spent.

2 hours ago, ChillingCammy said:

Why is this game still being sold on console.

The game is still being sold on console because it isn't in an unplayable state. It is in an extremely frustrating state, what with the inability to save, granted. But it can still be played and enjoyed to a degree. Is the current state optimal? Of course not. I'm not saying Squad didn't have a misstep here. However, I can point to other developers who released a broken game and then ceased development to "move onto other projects" forever leaving the game broken. That isn't what is happening here though.

3 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

One really shouldn't have to do work as an investigative journalist before buying a video game,

Functional game aside, I think I'd argue that whenever a person spends money they consider a significant amount, they should do significant research first.

2 hours ago, Bandus said:

And they are working on a fix, as they say. I am confident that it will be released as soon as they possibly can do so. As far as Microsoft and Sony not letting you return it, it seems to me that you would need to take that up with them, right?

Just because you are confident doesn't make me confident. I already took it up with Microsoft and they wouldn't refund my purchase so I am here. What don't you understand about that? I'm not even sure if you own KSP on console and know what I am talking about or are just another apologist who gets offended when someone says something critical about a video game they like.

I think we can all agree that the release in its current state was a mistake. I don't think anyone is arguing that fact at this point. However, it's the past and can't be changed at this point. I think the key thing to remember is that in time, the money you spent will still be money well spent. I do empathize that you bought something you expected to be working immediately and it isn't. I really do think that once you are able to play the game the way it was intended, you will not regret the money spent.

I obviously don't feel like I got my moneys worth. I am sick of these posts telling people to be patient. It just comes across as condescending. It has been a month and a half with very little communication. I didn't pre order the game, I bought a finished game, or it was sold to me as such. 

Functional game aside, I think I'd argue that whenever a person spends money they consider a significant amount, they should do significant research first.

So when someone spends $40, they need to spend how many hours researching? What makes you think I didn't do any research in the first place? Yeah, it's the customers fault that the game doesn't work. That makes sense. 

Edited by chimpbone

2 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Just because you are confident doesn't make me confident. I already took it up with Microsoft and they wouldn't refund my purchase so I am here. What don't you understand about that? I'm not even sure if you own KSP on console and know what I am talking about or are just another apologist who gets offended when someone says something critical about a video game they like.

I'm sorry to hear that you do not feel confident. Although, I'd ask, do you truly believe they would have the patch ready and just...withhold it? For the record, I do not own it on a console. However, that doesn't disqualify me from commenting on the topic or make me an "apologist." If nothing else I am a consumer and can understand, from other games I have purchased, how it feels to pay money for a product and end up with something different then expected. I am not offended by you posting in any way, I was simply responding to you, which I would have expected was the purpose of you posting in the first place...to get a response.

5 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I obviously don't feel like I got my moneys worth. I am sick of these posts telling people to be patient. It just comes across as condescending. I didn't pre order the game, I bought a finished game, or it was sold to me as such. 

A fair point. Although at this point, by your own admission, Microsoft will not refund you. So I am confused as to what you are attempting to accomplish. One would assume that you are posting to get Squad's attention, but you already have it as they are working on a patch. Seeing as how Microsoft won't refund you, your only viable alternative is to be patient. I sincerely am not trying to be condescending, just trying to state a fact. Unless of course you're just posting to complain? Which is totally fine...as I said in my previous post, I empathize with you on not getting the product you expected but if you're just venting it's probably best people know that so they don't try to supply answers that you aren't actually looking for.

7 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

So when someone spends $40, they need to spend how many hours researching pal? What makes you think I didn't do any research in the first place? 

I would say they need to spend as much time researching as needed to make them feel as though spending the $40 is a good proposition. I never said or implied that you personally didn't do any research though. I simply responded to your quote about "needing to be an investigative journalist."

52 minutes ago, Bandus said:

do you truly believe they would have the patch ready and just...withhold it?

Thanks for the kind reply. Sorry for getting so heated. I really just want the game to be good. I don't believe they are being malicious, no. What I do think happened is that Squad hired a questionable company to port the game for them. They still got paid, but what we got left with is a game that needs a lot of work still. It's extra frustrating because they could have used the preview program like they did on PC, where the consumer and Squad went into it knowing there would be issues and bugs. 

If it is taking them over a month and a half to fix this save game issue, then what good can that be for future updates on console addressing a lot of other issues? 

Edited by chimpbone

@chimpbone - I 100% agree with you regarding the choice made to port the game. As customers, I realize this isn't our problem, but I suspect it was a business decision to go with the company they chose. An attempt to ensure that the decision to port the game was profitable. That doesn't mean customers should suffer, but I do understand the business making a decision to ensure it makes money. If it doesn't do that, it dies and then we have no game at all!

While not as bad as the console version at the moment, there are multiple things in the PC build that require fixes as well and I can assure you that we too wait significant amounts of time for patches. I think at least a part of the issue (especially if you've been gaming since the early Nintendo days) is that the expectation is that console releases are "finished" games in a fully functional state with little patching needed. However, Microsoft itself is leading the charge to unify PC and consoles as much as is possible and the more that happens, the more I expect to see console releases that are buggy in this way. It's an unfortunate reality that if a company (any company, not just Squad), can pull the trigger on releasing a game and fix it later, while at the same time making a profit, they have to do it sometimes. 

I really do hope the patch is released soon for consoles so that the focus and conversation can change from "Why is the game broken?" to "How do I get into orbit?" or "How do I land on the Mun?" 

Edited by Bandus

13 hours ago, Bandus said:

I really do hope the patch is released soon for consoles so that the focus and conversation can change from "Why is the game broken?" to "How do I get into orbit?" or "How do I land on the Mun?" 

Somewhat fittingly, the only subforums devoted to the console versions of the game are in Technical Support.  There almost isn't a place to ask that question in a console oriented discussion environment yet.

3 minutes ago, klesh said:

Somewhat fittingly, the only subforums devoted to the console versions of the game are in Technical Support.  There almost isn't a place to ask that question in a console oriented discussion environment yet.

That's because gameplay is largely the same across all platforms, not really any need to separate the console users from the other platforms when discussing how to play the game.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

That's because gameplay is largely the same across all platforms, not really any need to separate the console users from the other platforms when discussing how to play the game.

Sure.  You're still going to get someone giving PC controls as an answer for how to do something, or vice versa.  

"Right-click the AP marker to keep it displayed in map view."

... okay, is that A, B, X, Y, 1, 2, L paddle + Long hold or what?

Posts regarding how a mod could do what they're asking for could be avoided too, were mods not an option.   Maybe some kind of badge to select that shows which version(s) you own, or maybe a thread [prefix] to denote the platform in question would be cool.  /offtopic

Most Gameplay Questions don't fall into those categories, they're about how to get places or build craft or perform maneuvers. We considered a separate forum for console stuff but eventually decided it was best to have it in the same area as the other versions so that the new console players could tap the experience of veteran KSPers.

The tag/prefix is not a bad idea, though.

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The tag/prefix is not a bad idea, though.

The old forum sofware had prefixes, didn't it, RIC? We do have tags, which would suffice, but people would need to remember they're there. If the new software supports prefixes it would be a better solution since they can be required.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, chimpbone said:

All they have done is ignore us dude. It's easier for them to ignore us than to treat us like actual people. They have the power here, not us. We already gave them our money. Tried to get a refund weeks ago and was denied. 40 dollars is not cheap. That is the price for a premium, AAA game. I could have bought plenty of other games that I could be playing right now. Instead, I am stuck wasting my time in here, trying to get a game I bought to actually work. 

They are working on it. please be patient. They will work on it. pc currently has 1 big game breaking bug too. They are going to fix it. I cannot upgrade to the newest version of ksp because of this bug. The wheels explode when you do anything to them, making rovers and planes unusable. They will fix console just like they are going to fix PC.

Why are you OK with paying for something that doesn't work, @nascarlaser1?

It's like SQUAD is a family friend instead of a Mexican advertising company. 

A couple of Google searches suggests SQUAD isn't the nicest company in the world either... rip off their employees why nawt rip off their customers too... 

Edited by ChillingCammy

Are we there yet?  No

Are we there yet?  No

Are we there yet?  What did I say the last 540734756894378934706243987438906573489056714895071425680947158901735890137548904 times?

You're mad.  We noticed.  Does anyone have anything new to add?

Edited by Corona688

37 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

They are working on it. please be patient. They will work on it. pc currently has 1 big game breaking bug too. They are going to fix it. I cannot upgrade to the newest version of ksp because of this bug. The wheels explode when you do anything to them, making rovers and planes unusable. They will fix console just like they are going to fix PC.

16 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Are we there yet?  No

Are we there yet?  No

Are we there yet?  What did I say the last 540734756894378934706243987438906573489056714895071425680947158901735890137548904 times?

You're mad.  We noticed.  Does anyone have anything new to add?

You guys need to let people have their opinions. That is what this forum is for. Just because you share a different opinion than someone or are having a different experience with the game doesn't mean you can just belittle people. You have no place to tell other people to be patient or not. You can tell yourself to be patient, but we certainly don't need you guys telling us how to feel. If you think you are adding something to the discussion by putting down other people's feelings or opinion, you are mistaken. 

24 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

You guys need to let people have their opinions.

If it was a matter of opinion this thread and conversation would be easily tolerable.  Opinions have been expressed and explained.

"Are we there yet?" is not an opinion.  Neither is "Why aren't we there yet?".  Especially not, is "how to make this place even more miserable in the hope it will cause us to arrive".  Let's hope that's not their strategy for air travel.

Edited by Corona688

SN:AFU. I feel for those on console, this one is worse than the usual fare. Can't say I didn't expect it though, given Squads track-record.
Pretty much every release since 0.90 has had some serious, obvious (parachutes don't work, ships randomly explode are 2 that spring to mind) bug on release day. 1.1.x on PC still crashes, and wheels are still bung. And that's after the hotfixes.

Give the console port 3 hotfixes (average for PC version to reach playability) and it might actually work. Meanwhile people are left with a non-functional product, and IMO, should expect to be refunded.

3 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

If it was a matter of opinion this thread and conversation would be easily tolerable.  Opinions have been expressed and explained.

"Are we there yet?" is not an opinion.  Neither is "Why aren't we there yet?".  Especially not, is "how to make this place even more miserable in the hope it will cause us to arrive".  Let's hope that's not their strategy for air travel.

Who are you quoting? And why is opinion in bold? I have never asked "are we there yet" or why aren't we there yet?" I think you are referring to the guy who was mocking people for wanting a working game a month and a half after release. What you call "being impatient" is really people just wanting the thing they paid money for to work properly. I really don't need your condescending "patience." I am an avid gardener and know all about patience. There are mods here to handle things when people step out of line, we really don't need a patience police. 

Until the issues do get fixed, or we get an actual date for the patch, I can assure you that people will still be wanting the game they bought to work properly, and might come here looking for answers.

Nobody is forcing you to come here and read this thread. It doesn't sound like you want to be here. 

49 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Who are you quoting? And why is opinion in bold? I have never asked "are we there yet" or why aren't we there yet?" I think you are referring to the guy who was mocking people for wanting a working game a month and a half after release. What you call "being impatient" is really people just wanting the thing they paid money for to work properly. I really don't need your condescending "patience." I am an avid gardener and know all about patience. There are mods here to handle things when people step out of line, we really don't need a patience police.

What I'm mocking is the belief that "noise" makes devs work better, checkout lines move faster, retail workers happier, managers more compliant, prices lower, etc.  Even if it works, amplifying your message until you get what you want isn't something people are going to cheer you on for.  A glorified temper tantrum is still that.

Edited by Corona688

5 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

What I'm mocking is the belief that "noise" makes devs work better, checkout lines move faster, retail workers happier, managers more compliant, prices lower, etc.  Even if it works, amplifying your message until you get what you want isn't something people are going to cheer you on for.  A glorified temper tantrum is still that.

You just keep being condescending and confrontational. You just want to argue so I am going to quit responding to you. You are implying myself and others are acting like children and throwing a "temper tantrum" for wanting a game they bought to work properly. We don't need your mocking, and I am sure Squad doesn't need you mocking their customers. If you think that contributes anything to this discussion, you are wrong. You can disagree all you want, but quit being rude and insulting other people. I would rather talk about "why is this game still on the market place." 

Just so its said: "forum: noun: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

now that the obvious is said.

we all have a right to put our opinion in writing. We have a right as a paying customer to expect certain things.

We can expect a company to honor its obligations. We can expect the product or service to work as described and sold to us. We have a right to address our concerns to those whom deal with customer concerns. We have a right to demand refunds unless told in a clear and explicit manner to the contrary.

If a company is such that it cannot handle dissenting opinions that it employs methods or agents to silence, abridge, alter or otherwise strike from the public record those dissenting opinions there is a much more serious issue at hand than a game not working in a manner you expect. (Edit not saying thats happening, the action this paragraph describes)

Further it is insulting to those seeking redress to said issues to ignore or tell them to be patient. As said before they like you or I have every right to obtain a product that works correctly and as advertised.

Edited by AlamoVampire

1 hour ago, ChillingCammy said:

I am here over a month and a half after release with unfunctional software and I feel the company who sold me this software fully completely deserves to have people discuss their poor reputation.

Get a comfy chair or another game. I have been with a broken Linux install for like 4 months.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.