Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

7 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

I feel your pain. Ruined the game for me. I really have no interest in waiting for a patch, I just want my money back.

Corporate greed keeps this title in the market

And there will be those which want to kill Squad.

Its a business. Businesses don't care about you. They care investments. The investments say stay where they are. Businesses will sway to demand but they don't care about your opinion or preference.

Squad cares but they don't have to. As they go above the call of duty as one. So give them some credit.

4 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

And there will be those which want to kill Squad.

Its a business. Businesses don't care about you. They care investments. The investments say stay where they are. Businesses will sway to demand but they don't care about your opinion or preference.

Squad cares but they don't have to. As they go above the call of duty as one. So give them some credit.

^

If squad wanted to, they could never fix this game. But they want to fix it, and they will in time.

Edited by nascarlaser1

13 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I think @ZooNamedGames has just answered this discussion nicely.

With all respect, not really. Business rarely benefit from responding to a consumer disaster by sticking their head in the ground and pretend it didn't happen. The correct response to a failure like this would be:

• Admit it happened. Describe the problem accurately, so people know that the problem you're describing is their problem and not some other problem
  • Offer a timeline. You might not know when this problem is going to be solved. But you do know something. “At this point, we’re trying to figure out what is causing the problem in the first place. In the next two weeks we’ll let you know how we’ve progressed, or earlier if we have found a cure”
  • Explain why it will take time; manage expectations. “Even if we managed to fix the cure today, it would take at least five weeks before the code is released from the Sony/Microsoft server and will be uploaded to your console”
  • Offer consolation. Give early adaptors a $10 refund as a “thank you for bearing with us”—it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than losing millions in revenue later on because the game and publisher have a tainted reputation.

Squad is doing part of that, but not all. What's worse, the communication is not reassuring. “The patch has been doing great in our internal tests.” The same tests that missed the game-breaking bug in the first place? And the fact that a full amount of money was charged for a game that will hopefully will work properly in... weeks? months? years? No time line is given after all—without some kind of “sorry for disappointing you, here's a partial refund” is just insulting.

Yes, the PC version had its share of bugs. It was also free and the price gradually increased as the number of bugs decreased. When you introduce the product at full price, you're raising the expectation of full functionality.

KSP is an amazing game and offers an amount of playtime rivaled by only a few other games. Squad did an amazing job. But it's also amazing that, given the marketing history of Squad, that is the one part they consistently manage to get wrong.

1 minute ago, ChillingCammy said:

Are you saying I should watch what I say or else they won't release a patch?  Like I said I really just want my money back.

I'm just agreeing with what @ZooNamedGames said. I'm not saying you should watch what you say, I'm just saying that if your patient, you will get something better then your money back, yo uwill get a game that works.

5 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

Like I said I really just want my money back.

Then perhaps you should talk to the MS Store who sold you the game

Squad developed the game, Flying Tiger screwed up the port to console and the MS Store sold it to you ... When you want to return something you return it to the place you bought it from, n'est pas?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Pausing for cleanup. And we're back.

Several posts and the responses to them have been removed for getting into personal attack territory. While it is understood that this is a contentious topic, that does not give anyone the right to descend into personal attacks or insulting behavior against those with whom they disagree. Any further personal attacks in this thread will be harshly penalized. You all have been warned.

8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Pausing for cleanup. And we're back.

Several posts and the responses to them have been removed for getting into personal attack territory. While it is understood that this is a contentious topic, that does not give anyone the right to descend into personal attacks or insulting behavior against those who they disagree with. Any further personal attacks in this thread will be harshly penalized. You all have been warned.

ok sorry :(.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the console port is good by any means.  Corrupting saves is certainly a bad thing.  Nobody is saying you should be happy about it either.

However refunds can only be provided through the market that sells it, that's true if you buy the console or the steam version.  Unless you buy it on the KSP Store, Squad is somewhat limited.   So you will have to go through there for that.   In the meantime, Squad is doing what they can to correct the problem.  They have a patch in testing, they could release it now but then they might end up in the same boat a second time and we would all be back here again, so it's best if they finish their testing.

Edited by Alshain

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the console port is good by any means.  Corrupting saves is certainly a bad thing.  Nobody is saying you should be happy about it either.

However refunds can only be provided through the market that sells it, that's true if you buy the console or the steam version.  Unless you buy it on the KSP Store, Squad is somewhat limited.   So you will have to go through there for that.   In the meantime, Squad is doing what they can to correct the problem.  They have a patch in testing, they could release it now but then they might end up in the same boat a second time and we would all be back here again, so it's best if they finish their testing.

Fair enough.  I'll gear down here guys. Wishing they nailed it the first time and will likely never forgive them but I will slow down on the rage for now.

Edited by ChillingCammy

2 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

Fair enough.  I'll gear down here guys. Wishing they nailed it the first time and will likely never forgive them but I will slow down on the rage for now.

I shall stop trying to add my 2 cents now. This has been a good discussion. gd (good discussion) guys.

Just now, ChillingCammy said:

Fair enough.  I'll gear down here guys. Wishing they nailed in the first time and will likely never forgive them but I will slow down on the rage for now.

I can't make you do anything but I would suggest you give them a second chance.  Squad cares much more than most gaming companies, those new to the game may not know this but those who have been here know they try a little harder than many other companies.  You just have to take our word for it on that, there is nothing we can do to prove it except quote experience.  You have every right to be frustrated with a broken game, but please try it again after the next console patch.

Just now, Alshain said:

I can't make you do anything but I would suggest you give them a second chance.  Squad cares much more than most gaming companies, those new to the game may not know this but those who have been here know they try a little harder than many other companies.  You just have to take our word for it on that, there is nothing we can do to prove it except quote experience.  You have every right to be frustrated with a broken game, but please try it again after the next console patch.

Thanks for reasoning with me. I hear ya and will try and avoid the forums for a few days hoping to see good news next time.

11 hours ago, razark said:

Yes, it very much does mean exactly that.

But then, you aren't thinking that free speech applies here, are you?

Not here. If you post in this forum, you are entitled to abide the rules set by administrators and moderators. 

Being infractioned for not doing so is perfectly reasonable.

1 hour ago, razark said:

So if free speech doesn't apply here, why even bring it up?

Because the OP and numerous others use it to justify going beyond the boundaries of the forum rules (apparently to "get their money's worth").

13 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Because the OP and numerous others use it to justify going beyond the boundaries of the forum rules (apparently to "get their money's worth").

That doesn't really answer the question.  If the posts on this forum infringe upon the rights of barons, it doesn't matter, since the forum is not bound by the Magna Carta, either.

If the posts violate the rules, then they violate the rules.  Redefining "free speech" doesn't make any difference in whether the posts warrant infractions.

@ChillingCammy the complexity of making a game/simulator especially KSP is very hard and bugs are to be expected. I enjoy KSP and so do others. If someone does not appreciate the hard work, effort, blood, sweat, & tears that the developers and community put into forming such a wonderful simulator, then that is their problem. 

@ZooNamedGames businesses actually do need to care about their customers. long story short, a customer that cares not for its clients is one that fails. A good company however, is one that cares about its source of income, namely its clients/customers. Your reputation as a company, I do not care if its say Chevrolet or your local mom and pop grocery store. Youre only as good as what your LAST customer says about you. Period. Further, its not Squad doing the porting, its FTE I think it is, only with Squads blessing. While some agree that its a good thing, and others agree that its a bad thing, in the end, it is what it is. They will do what they will do based on things you and I or any one else not directly employed by Squad cannot  possibly know. Arguing about it one way or another makes no difference in what Squad does.

Heck take a situation I am in. I am a HUGE Battletech fan. I play MWO, and I whole heartedly disagree with what the company that makes that game is proposing to do, as it violates canon and lore in a major way. I had supported them financially by buying stuff from them, but now? I show my displeasure by not buying stuff. Same with KSP applies. dont like the fact its ported? stop playing, dont buy the ports. its all you can do to protest. 

24 minutes ago, ISE said:

@ChillingCammy the complexity of making a game/simulator especially KSP is very hard and bugs are to be expected. I enjoy KSP and so do others. If someone does not appreciate the hard work, effort, blood, sweat, & tears that the developers and community put into forming such a wonderful simulator, then that is their problem. 

In all fairness, the ability to load and save without corrupting data is the MINIMUM you should expect from a game. According to the internet, we've had this ability since 1987 on consoles (probably longer on PC, but this discussion is about consoles). 30 years later, I would kinda expect to have it fully worked out by now. Yes games have bugs, but this is a pretty serious one and by the sounds of it, literally makes the game unplayable.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the OP is totally within his rights to request a refund. However, at the same time, you have to understand that I'm sure Squad would, if it were within their power, but it's not, it's from whoever you bought the game from, (PSN, or whatever the Xbox equivalent is).

As Alshain said though, bear with them. Squad always come good in the end (but I understand this is your first experience, so you don't have the same faith we old PC hands do).

16 hours ago, KSK said:

Again it's a matter of degree. This isn't an 'OMG, I can't believe Squad have painted the Round8 the wrong shade of gold - AND MY WORLD IS RUINED' thread. This is a legitimate (and actually reasonably civil) complaint about basic stuff (for any game, not just KSP) not working.

And frankly, I'm not entirely surprised when people grumble about the game being rushed any more. Release-early-then-patch has been the consistent pattern for the last several updates. There may well be very good business reasons why things need to be that way but it doesn't stop it from being true.

The scenario you mentioned sure as hell resonates with this thread. If anything, it makes the problem clearer than how the main post words it.

And I don't know with you, but I don't see anything civil or legitimate about ranting in a forum without any clear explanation of the problems of the console version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.