Photography Showcase Thread!

HazelPine

A pic of a lizard in my yard:

IMG_6719.jpg

After dinner walk:

A ways up towards the first tram tower. We do this walk at sunset because its a road, so less chance of running into cactus in the dark.

IMG_6737.jpg

I can see my roof in the picture (sort left of dead center a bit under the tram wires, but small). This is after maybe 15 minutes walking.

IMG_6731.jpg

Up almost level with some of the tram wires

IMG_6745.jpg

Edited by tater

Just now, tater said:

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Ha I knew it! I used to drive through New Mexico often when I lived in Colorado Springs, and I was 70% percent sure thats where it was. Beautiful place. 

On 6/10/2017 at 2:13 PM, tater said:

You didn't take this pic, I though all space geeks took this one:

Hehe.

I did get a pic of that, but during the day. I just didn't hadn't posted it yet. Cropped from the original.

WcHgHMV.jpg?1
These were what I thought were the best, but there are more pics Here
Edited by StrandedonEarth
dunno why the pic disappeared. Fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont' really know if these pictures are correct for topic but here are some I took in 2014 during my first flight around NYC :

S8zyW5y.jpg

And some company too! With a view of the new WTC which was just inaugurated at the time.

1AdAoSH.jpg

l8wIaGD.jpg

And those ones taken by my dad during our last flight together. It also was my last in France :

eM1Xnpj.jpg

Z52MXeR.jpg

The bay of the island of Ouessant/Ushant at approximately 24 km/13.3 nm form the Brittany coast (but 50 km/ 27 nm from LFRB, the closest airport).

We made the departure a bit late... but it gave us the chance to get the sunset. The ship photographed is the Bel Espoir II, it was owned by the now dead french father Michel Jaouen who used it since 68. Initially it was to carry young and poor peoples all around the world, giving them the opportunity to discover it while working as crew members, in the 70s they started to carry drugs addicted persons too to help them getting out. They still kept on today (they bought a second ship), even recruiting ex-prisoners for whom the life is hard to restart.

yAFeRtf.jpg

The famous La Jument lighthouse. Worldly knew for a picture taken from a helicopter during a storm and where one of its last keeper is seen at the door while a huge wave is striking the lighthouse.

Edited by XB-70A

Went on a hike yesterday. Found quite a lot of stuff to photograph.

asSXcBG.jpg

A cute little American Toad, only about an inch long. I was able to find three more toads throughout the hike.

mbxKgsP.jpg

This meter-long Garter Snake not only had a cool color scheme, but there was a large lump in its midsection from eating something, maybe a mouse or frog. You can kind of see it in this picture.

f8uo8Ep.jpg

Two Lemmings--- I mean Hickory Tussock Moth caterpillars. Well, they were like Lemmings, having fallen off of their host plant into a frog-filled vernal pool. I find this species annoying because they keep falling off their host plants - INTENTIONALLY. Quite a lot like Lemmings. I had to fish these two out with a stick, and I had not choice to take these and a third home to raise them into adulthood without the threat of them jumping to their deaths.

Oh an also their venomous, ESPECIALLY to people with strong nature-based allergies. Like me.

This is going to be lots of fun...

A special day I will never forget :

1Mgc8HU.jpg

It was just an umpteenth rainbow seen from the sky for us until...

lhZRErZ.jpg

We got some company! The first time in my life to realize a formation. Here we are passing the Île Vierge (the Virgin Island) and its lighthouse, still the tallest of all in Europe and the tallest of rock built lighthouse in the world, with a height of 82.5 m/270.6 ft.

C8xvtrm.jpg

Small U-turn to came back over the land. The Virgin Island still is visible.

K7gd2TZ.jpg

Even closer! This picture perfectly depict what the Brittany region is, fields, farms, villages... and more fields.

7UGZIqU.jpg

A good way to salute us before returning to LFRB. For sure the DA40 wasn't really built to realize this :D

iyGup5V.jpg

Passing 2 nm West of Lanildut small town, one of the most western point of France.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.