Photography Showcase Thread!

HazelPine

If some of you like lighthouses and wroth water :

cmXMbHr.jpg

Kéréon lighthouse. Nicknamed the Hell by its gardians. It is totally lost and alone between the island of Ouessant at the West-North-West and Sein at its South-East.

W2iBpEd.jpg

La Jument once again, in a typical and pretty "calm" water for the season. The lighthouse is located West of Ouessant, directly in the famous Fromveur passage where one of the most strong tidal race (9 knots) in the world is. 

9EcwKl6.jpg

The Fromveur tidal race is easily recognizable here. The day we took this picture the wind was around 25-30 kt East, so in case of an engine failure we decided to fly at 7500 ft. Just enough to join the airfield or at worst to land in the calm bay were a lot of boats are mooring.

The other lighthouse visible on the left is named Nividic

BjPPW37.jpg

The whole view of Ouessant from our terrible lovely Robin DR-400/120 under overpowered flying tissue. The tidal race also is visible here with all its "spirals".

g1TLs5J.jpg

The South-West natural bay which always makes me think about a meteor crater... but one of the island spots where the sea is the most calm and hot... around 14°C/57°F max during the summer, really cool.

zv0cUrH.jpg

Eastern view of Ouessant, with the airfield perfectly visible.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:09 PM, tater said:

Took this a few summers ago at the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado:

Absolutely beautiful. With the kids and the sole adult walking on the dune I felt like we were in Mad Max 3.

The 5 people closest are my son and daughter, and my friend's 2 kids (the dad's took them camping here).

I always feel like I'm in Dune once I cross the first high dune, and can't see "colorado" any more.

8 hours ago, Nannia said:

Aww, so wonderful photos. I'm so shy to share mine as I'm so noob. I just took a course some days ago and my skills are so terrible :<

You should not be shy here, the KSP community is always nice :wink:(expect whenever you light the flamethrower and start a heated debate)

Pictures are to capture particular moments in time, and if they have meaning/value to you, the photographer, then they are good. I have some favorite images that are bad photographs (not focused right, wish the composition was different, etc) that are none the less very evocative to me, because they put me back in that place/time.

And in other news, my wife acquired a bundle of furry fishhooks...

xNuFiqu.jpg

Cw7Wtyb.jpg

He's gone from a weak 14-oz fleabit, eye-infected orphan to a little terror in a short week, closely watched by our rescue mutt. "Malibu" (aka Boomer) has been wonderful in calming down the mutt, who is endlessly fascinated by this ball of moving fluff and wants to play with it, but isn't quite sure how. If he only knew what's in store for him when kitty grows a little.... 

VJ9ihcS.jpg

I think I'm gonna take some photography workshops this fall...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

KITTY!!!!!!

Adopted from a shelter or so I guess?

My wife works at a daycare; a parent had two sibling kittens that needed a home and she wanted to give them away together. When one of my wife's coworkers said she'd take one, my wife took the other. 

The story was that the mother was a farm cat that got hit by a car. They were said to be 6 weeks old, but consensus among the pros (pet store and vet staff) was around 4 weeks give or take. When we got to the vet he was 14oz. (<400g). I could feel his ribs pretty good then, but a week of kitten food and kitten milk has put a nice layer on his ribcage.

i didn't want the kitten; I knew the vet and initial supplies would be getting close to $300 (I wasn't wrong), and we're kinda over our animal limit for the strata. So I was kinda mad. But who can stay mad when TINY LITTLE KITTEN!

Just now, StrandedonEarth said:

My wife works at a daycare; a parent had two sibling kittens that needed a home and she wanted to give them away together. When one of my wife's coworkers said she'd take one, my wife took the other. 

The story was that the mother was a farm cat that got hit by a car. They were said to be 6 weeks old, but consensus among the pros (pet store and vet staff) was around 4 weeks give or take. When we got to the vet he was 14oz. (<400g). I could feel his ribs pretty good then, but a week of kitten food and kitten milk has put a nice layer on his ribcage.

i didn't want the kitten; I knew the vet and initial supplies would be getting close to $300 (I wasn't wrong), and we're kinda over our animal limit for the strata. So I was kinda mad. But who can stay mad when TINY LITTLE KITTEN!

Ahh, ok. Good to know the kitten is recovering well.

It is hard to get mad at a tiny kitten. Does it have a name yet?

Yes, Malibu. Sorry if my earlier post is a little confusing; the dog's name is Marley. We also have an Affenpinscher, Timbit, that is more like a cat: sleeps all day, comes out for food and petting and going outside. 

Marley is a bundle of nerves. Malibu has given him an occupation (kitty-watching) and several pats on the nose already. Marley has responded with the occasional pawing and warning snap. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.