Photography Showcase Thread!

HazelPine

24 minutes ago, PakledHostage said:

Did you have any power outages along with all that ice?

I myself didn’t, but I don’t know how my town did overall. I know one city down the highway and across the river has had no power for a day or two now, along with many other outages in the region. 

Two nights ago we had the rare weather phenomenon of “thundersnow” - lightning during a snow storm 

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Just coming back from CC for ZUMA.

Well... If only I had a true camera to take nice pictures, but no, it's a camcorder.

ALm8vT9.png

Just like with the other post the remaining screenshots are in the spoiler to not invade the page.

Spoiler

5dGuio3.png

ehEITEG.png

fQQGfwo.png

7Zq7VTw.png

O7YCNu8.png

cZmTneG.png

P1iZbGc.png

DhbUgyZ.png

pk212mo.png

SKRrDci.png

21 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Some where on the Klondike Highway between the Yukon Suppression Bridge and Skagway.

So presumably on the British Columbia side of the border? The map shows that all the "lakey bits" on that stretch of road are north of the White Pass?

2 minutes ago, PakledHostage said:

So presumably on the British Columbia side of the border? The map shows that all the "lakey bits" on that stretch of road are north of the White Pass?

Possibly, I think its near the town of Fraser. I have a picture of a building and sign. I took the trip was I 10, five years ago. Sorry I cant remember everything

Wcav9Rp.jpg Here's that sign if it helps

Edited by Dfthu

On 16/12/2017 at 4:04 PM, XB-70A said:

Some pictures from yesterday's Dragon CRS-13 launch, took from the Samuel C. Philips Parkway (about from 16 km/10 miles the SLC-40 and 10 km/6 miles from the landing zone):

GjedGU5.jpg

(Sorry for the really bad angle, all these pictures actually are screenshots from my video.)

As they are a bit heavy it's probably better to place all the others in a spoiler.

Hide contents

hjWDyhA.jpg

L0U1SGJ.jpg

BejICHj.jpg

By far my favorite of all, the Peregrine Falcon 9!

jWiI7oZ.jpg

7niyCZN.jpg

Separation of the stages (not really a nice picture as it was so far already)

R7fgYhb.png

5vv5Kd6.jpg

pe8l6Ww.jpg

TZsG2x0.jpg

Flat Earther.exe has stopped responding.

These have to on my top 3 favourite pics on this thread!

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

Flat Earther.exe has stopped responding.

These have to on my top 3 favourite pics on this thread!

Thanks NSEP! I'm actually thinking about taking a new camcorder for better results. Maybe going back to an "old" 1080 p, instead of my current 4000, but with a x200 lens which could give better result from the viewing point.

By the way, I enjoyed my first "FAKE!!!!" comment on the video of this launch, just another funnel wearer.

2 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Thanks NSEP! I'm actually thinking about taking a new camcorder for better results. Maybe going back to an "old" 1080 p, instead of my current 4000, but with a x200 lens which could give better result from the viewing point.

By the way, I enjoyed my first "FAKE!!!!" comment on the video of this launch, just another funnel wearer.

Is the video online on the internet? Can we see it!

No problem by the way!

3 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Is the video online on the internet? Can we see it!

No problem by the way!

Absolutely, you can found it here:

I never posted them here as it's not a video dedicated topic (and I will understand if it has to be removed).

9 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Absolutely, you can found it here:

I never posted them here as it's not a video dedicated topic (and I will understand if it has to be removed).

Rockets are always relevant.

3xLHkgf.jpg

My non-dwarf banana making fruit... inside the hosue, in January, lol. It's 3+ m tall (the wood is the ceiling).

Hello together,

I need some help for a university project about an app for photographers that allows you to find interesting locations in your area to take pictures of. Since this is a photography thread I thought I might ask you If you want to take part in my short survey.

Thanks for your time :)

Just back from Cape Canaveral for tonight's launch.

Everything went fine as I was looking at the "live" report while adjusting the camera one last time... until T-01:25 precisely, when the launcher actually light its RD-180s! I took the camcorder like a crazy man and zoomed to the max while trying to adjust the focal, the result was clearly far form being great on the small screen, but whatever I just kept on "filming" for about 2 minutes and 54 seconds... when I discovered that, actually, there was simply no recording at all  ;.;...

Anyway, here are some shots of it, took around half an hour before the launch.

FrmNILB.jpg

Atlas V is hardly discernible here as I was standing at approx 10 km/6 miles from the LC-41.

But another one was sleeping not too far away from it...

yAt1Nh9.jpg

iPWWN66.jpg

Yep, Falcon Heavy was standing here.

No launcher this time, but rockets! Took today at a small meeting.

Sorry for the quality of some as I only had my phone on me at the morning.

ocs27jP.jpg

5Ji9LdV.jpg

oiprfS5.jpg

GbhLkRo.jpg

ljdTVB1.jpg

We have a problem!!!  Sadly, this little one was destroyed by fire some seconds later.

hX4BjWN.png

azNybx1.png

Dedicated to the SpaceX fans.

LEJCDDP.jpg

And finally our own rocket, a bit "upgraded" by us. It reached approx 400-450 m/1300-1470 ft of altitude, something good for us. Alas, we lost it as I was not able to follow it while it descended.

2 hours ago, XB-70A said:

No launcher this time, but rockets! Took today at a small meeting.

Sorry for the quality of some as I only had my phone on me at the morning.

5Ji9LdV.jpg

Nice pics! That huuuge exhaust flame, like wow! what class of motor was that?

Which reminded me, I took this one with the kids few years back, it was buried in one of the old model rocket threads around here.

D2zCXzQ.jpg

22 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Nice pics! That huuuge exhaust flame, like wow! what class of motor was that?

Thank you! Alas, I did not ask the man about his engines... despite the fact his rocket simply amazed me! Also, it made such an incredible noise. Just incredible.

22 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

D2zCXzQ.jpg

It's reminds me some good memories! The kids seems so happy to launch their own rocket.

---

And for the topic, more Falcon Heavy (all of the pictures took today):

cvH9Xha.jpg

S9udUvR.jpg

dN1UWr6.jpg

About three hours past on the site to observe it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.