1.2.1 Blue Kerbin Dynamics mk1 Fuel tanks expansion (v0.0.7)

NOW COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.1!

Welcome to Blue Kerbin Dynamics Mk1 fuel Tanks Expansion! This mod adds some more Mk1 fuel tanks.

This is a completaly stand-alone mod also please don't complain about bugs here you can just send them to me.:wink:

Here is some more info about the updates:

What's new: In this version the .version file has been correctly spelled (Finally!), a few parts have been re-textured and re-modeled, the folders are as they will always be and all the parts are re-scaled to fit the mk1 size better.

Spoiler

When updated this mod will add even more parts and fix some bugs. This mod will not have regular updates now, because i only do this in my free time. The next version shall also contain a Changalog.

here are the pics

Links has been removed until i have time to update it.

VERSION:0.0.7 

WARNING! The link Below is an outdated version so it is different to the current one, so please use the spacedock link.

DOWNLOAD HERE ON CURSE!

DOWLOAD ON SPACEDOCK!

License: MIT

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

speaking from experience if you want your parts to look stock alike for minimal effort by using the stock textures then you can find all the stock assets in your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad folder if you bought kerbal through steam. The textures will be in the .dds format and appear transparent when opened due to the specular map if you are modeling in blender you can turn the transparency off to see what you are doing by hitting the n key in the image/UV map window to bring up a useful menu and unchecking the "use alpha" check box.

2 hours ago, passinglurker said:

speaking from experience if you want your parts to look stock alike for minimal effort by using the stock textures then you can find all the stock assets in your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad folder if you bought kerbal through steam. The textures will be in the .dds format and appear transparent when opened due to the specular map if you are modeling in blender you can turn the transparency off to see what you are doing by hitting the n key in the image/UV map window to bring up a useful menu and unchecking the "use alpha" check box.

I bought ksp from the ksp store.

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I meant in terms of length.

about 4 metres.

@Jeb-head-mug kerman Squad's parts/textures/etc is under GameData/Squad - doesn't mater if its steam or not. Don't know if your aware that you can use their textures directly from the Squad folder - avoiding any copyright problems with distributing Squad textures. I haven't done it myself so you'll want to check but I think it goes something like this:

MODEL
{
	model = mymod/Parts/myPart
	texture = Squad/.... where ever the texture you want to use is
}

Check into the "texture =" syntacs - I think there's a original and replacement part to it.

I strongly suggest the following:

1. Rename the mod, it is too close to FuelTanksPlus
  2. Put them into a normal mod directory:  GameData/(modname)/Parts
  3. Go to the website: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/, register and create a .version file, then include it in the mod.  Since you say you are going to be doing weekly updates, this will make it easier for people to know when a new version is available (especially if you include the MiniAVC.dll in the mod, from the ksp-avc site).  Just remember to keep the data updated on the ksp-avc site

While you may not be interested, CKAN will have problems trying to install this into the root Parts directory.  Since it's a mod, it really belongs in the GameData as I suggested above.

12 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Well i dont have any ideas...

How about this:

Blue Kerbin Dynamics Fuel Tanks 

I don't think you need the mk1 there, especially since you might add additional tanks in the future

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.