Console Patches Update Discussion

Thank you so much for the update! Its great to know our issues are being acknowledged and resolved. :)

Moderator edit, since this post became the OP for the discussion:

This thread is for discussion of the console updates announcement, which you can read here: 

Discussion has been moved to a separate thread so that users can easily see the latest official updates in the above thread.

This is why I love KSP so much: if there's an issue, you bet there's a whole army of devs working on it in a matter of hours, while there are other games that take significantly longer.

Valve, I'm looking at you, every freaking update you release to TF2 breaks the game further. I mean, they even accidentally removed essential features such as the round timer once, and with the last update they've totally bricked the game: wait for half an hour to play a five minute game. GG.

That's why I'm so glad KSP is in good hands. Good luck, @SQUAD!

Is there any particular method you can share that will reduce the chances of Save corruption?  I have almost nothing but trophies to show for two weeks of gameplay, and I've tried being as gentle as possible... Saving, waiitng about 15 seconds (More than enough time to write 10-12MB), exiting to the Main Menu, waiting another 15 seconds, THEN closing the program didn't even help.  And that's not even counting the times it's crashed at random times during flight or even vehicle construction.

I wonder if part of it has to do with the save files being broken up into 10MB chunks instead of just being one large file...

Edited by TesseractE

1 hour ago, Kerbuvim said:

Nestor , what about the PS4 European release ? Continue to feed us your damn "soon"?

This topic is the save issues, not the Euro release. It may not be within his "jurisdiction" to tell you all their plans, so please try to be more patient. News will come eventually. (I don't know when, and I understand your frustration. Just don't blame him. He's doing his job.)

After this issues are fixed, i'm rigth sure the UE relase wil come. I'm rigth sure the EU release was put back as of this PS4 show stopper bugs.

On the other side I hope very much, we do get the 1.1.1 build with this patch so many other bugs gets fixed and not only this save bugs.

On 8/7/2016 at 11:42 AM, TesseractE said:

Is there any particular method you can share that will reduce the chances of Save corruption?  I have almost nothing but trophies to show for two weeks of gameplay, and I've tried being as gentle as possible... Saving, waiitng about 15 seconds (More than enough time to write 10-12MB), exiting to the Main Menu, waiting another 15 seconds, THEN closing the program didn't even help.  And that's not even counting the times it's crashed at random times during flight or even vehicle construction.

I wonder if part of it has to do with the save files being broken up into 10MB chunks instead of just being one large file...

Just back your save up into the cloud or a USB stick. There isn't much you can do about it others than backing up your save every so often. It's what I've been doing and only lost my save once because I accidentally overrode the backup with the corrupted data.

On 8/8/2016 at 5:31 AM, Kerbuvim said:

Nestor , what about the PS4 European release ? Continue to feed us your damn "soon"?

You do realize that only processing times by the certifying agencies hold off the release? Squad can do nothing to speed up the process. You can blame and thank the bureaucracy of EU.

Edited by Enceos

51 minutes ago, Enceos said:

You do realize that only processing times by the certifying agencies hold off the release? Squad can do nothing to speed up the process. You can blame and thank the bureaucracy of EU.

Well actually, the certification process is up to Sony Europe, the EU isn't involved.

But given that there's been serious save game issues with the released versions one would assume that those would have to be resolved before there's any hope of certification.

For your understanding, I'm a longtime fan of the game, from 2014, 2 times bought it in the days of the Early Access on PC, played many hundreds of hours. For some reason I stopped playing on the PC and moved to the Playstation, bought the American version in a specially created account, and felt a huge disappointment and anger when I saw the condition of the game.

A terrible performance, and crooked "no-brain ported" control, and bunch of infamous bugs. That could endure during the Early Access, but can not be tolerated in the finished game with the AAA price.

I apologize for the awful English, is not my native language.

Edited by Kerbuvim

15 minutes ago, Kerbuvim said:

A terrible performance, and crooked "no-brain ported" control, and bunch of infamous bugs. That could endure during the Early Access, but can not be tolerated in the finished game with the AAA price.

Agreed. Any console game with a mouse cursor (I'm looking at YOU, No Man's Sky) should fail cert. I think maybe the EU is doing gamers a favor when it comes to dragging their feet on this.

I love KSP as well, bugs and all. But a console is not a pc and a touchpad is not a mouse. They require different control schemes, period.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Agreed. Any console game with a mouse cursor (I'm looking at YOU, No Man's Sky) should fail cert. I think maybe the EU is doing gamers a favor when it comes to dragging their feet on this.

I love KSP as well, bugs and all. But a console is not a pc and a touchpad is not a mouse. They require different control schemes, period.

With all due respect,talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bob

The only difference between a personal computer and a console is the user stereotype.

2 hours ago, Otis said:

The only difference between a personal computer and a console is the user stereotype.

No, the difference is in input method, as 5thHM said. A Touchpad is not a Mouse. The control schemes for PCs versus Consoles are fundamentally different. Granted you can get a controller for PC that acts like a console, but the default PC input it keyboard and mouse, and these are different from the Console.

3 hours ago, Otis said:

I don't intend to suggest that consoles are inferior for simply being a console, hell, a lot of games are better on a console, but cramming KSP into a console is really only a half step above cramming it into a tablet or a phone. Your control schemes will become a steaming pile of excrement. If KSP is already basically unplayable without a mouse, you sure as hell make a straight port with a controller or *shudder* a touchscreen. It can't be done well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.