Console Patches Update Discussion

5 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

No, the difference is in input method, as 5thHM said. A Touchpad is not a Mouse. The control schemes for PCs versus Consoles are fundamentally different. Granted you can get a controller for PC that acts like a console, but the default PC input it keyboard and mouse, and these are different from the Console.

Control schemes are different because game developers make it that way. PS4 can support a mouse. Xbone will too, soon. Xbone can already do it, but you have to buy extra hardware. I know this is hard for some people to understand, but there is no difference between a console and a pc. A console is a pc, a personal computer that has been specialized to run games, and are marketed towards those that don't necessarily want to learn how to use a standard operating system. But, hey, believe what you want. I could care less.

5 hours ago, Otis said:

Control schemes are different because game developers make it that way. PS4 can support a mouse. Xbone will too, soon. Xbone can already do it, but you have to buy extra hardware. I know this is hard for some people to understand, but there is no difference between a console and a pc. A console is a pc, a personal computer that has been specialized to run games, and are marketed towards those that don't necessarily want to learn how to use a standard operating system. But, hey, believe what you want. I could care less.

Yes, there are, in most cases, support for non-standard peripherals. But peripherals should not be assumed 9 times out of 10.

Edited by Andem

16 hours ago, Otis said:

No, it is different because of the target audience. Yes, at a technical level, PC & Consoles (especially current 8th gen) are essentially the same. So there is some truth to the difference being in the users (read: target audience).

Some game genre's and designs are better (or easier) on one platform compared to another. (I hate platformers on PC; most unit- or UI-heavy strategy games on console, especially RTSes). Yes, there are ways to mitigate that. One is at the developer level (game and UI design). The other is hardware. However, no console manufacturer is gonna try to sell you hardware non-essential to the gameplay experience in the long run. (XB1 Kinectic being an odd case there. Oh, they tried, but failed, horribly.) Console audiences have a certain expectation. PC players have a different expectation. This is due to how the platforms are designed and marketed.

I honestly don't care if my console can use a mouse if less than 1% of the game for it REQUIRE it (or even have it as an optional input.) The only way I would care is if it CAME with one (and therefore make it part of the lowest common denominator) or a good bit majority of the games I buy and play on it uses a mouse. Even PC developers are guilty of developing for the lowest common denominator. (Not everyone has or wants a controller on PC. Personally, that's what my console is for.)

So you're wrong to a degree about developers being at fault. If you want to blame anyone, you need to blame every single person in the gaming industry (Devs, manufacturers, devs, players, advertisers, etc.) because they are the ones who caused all this. No one can develop for every single possibility. The difference between console and PC embodies that fact and high light the compromises needed. I'd rather have a dev spend time on making a fun game to play than wasting it trying to figure out a dozen different ways to make a player character do something like JUMP because he needs to support a dozen platforms/control styles that may or may not be used.

Then again, I never believed KSP should've EVER been released on console to begin with. (I was VERY surprised by that decision.) Consoles have too many restrictions that run counter to what makes and allows KSP to be what it is. (Hello, modding community...) Plus, it's (still) a train wreck. Though that's been the norm ever since DLC became the thing on all platform: Release now, fix later. The console experience used to be much better. Game-breaking bugs were VERY rare, though gameplay-breaking bugs were still possible. Games have gotten more complex, but I guess the QA process has been left to rot in the wake of "We need more cash! Sell now!".

NOTE: I should try not to ramble so soon after waking up. I hope the above makes sense because I don't feel like editing it for flow and logic at this point. I'm just getting tired of seeing the players in a gaming community coming off as so selfish without seeing or understanding a bigger picture.

13 hours ago, James M said:

On the One. And it does.

Do you mean not saving your actual progress or a destroyed save, which means you must resart a new carreer from beginning? The first is a known issue, but there are workarounds for it. A complete destroy/lose of the save I have never read of here on the ONE so far.

So if you lost your actual progress from last save, is not realy a lost/destroyed save and can be solved by deleting stuff. As far I understand, on the PS4 the completet save gets corrupted and you must resart from begining and all is lost, not only the last progress.

44 minutes ago, Monkey-CH said:

Do you mean not saving your actual progress or a destroyed save, which means you must resart a new carreer from beginning? The first is a known issue, but there are workarounds for it. A complete destroy/lose of the save I have never read of here on the ONE so far.

So if you lost your actual progress from last save, is not realy a lost/destroyed save and can be solved by deleting stuff. As far I understand, on the PS4 the completet save gets corrupted and you must resart from begining and all is lost, not only the last 

Its just losing my saves not the hole profile 

Xboxer here. .

I've been wanting and waiting for KSP to come to console for as long as I've know it existed. And in terms of content it has not disappointed at all. Seriously - this is an awesome game!

Because of that I could deal with the bugs and the wonky UI and some frame rate issues - whatever, I want it! 

What I can't put up with is the save game issue - it's a straight up game breaker!

What makes me angry is I paid full price for a finished product, when It clearly isn't. Now I don't know about PS4 but on Xbox we have the game preview progame. Which is a place for games like this, that aren't ready yet, to evectively get gamers to pay to be beta testers. We get a discount knowing it's not, and may never be, the finished article. Developers get their game put through the ringer and some coin into the bargin.

Now I don't know if it's Squads fault, or Flying Tigers fault, or Microsoft's fault - but this game clearly passed through the net.

I'm waiting to see how long a fix might take, but as a UK citizen the Consumer Rights Act protects me from digital content, including games, that are "not to a satisfactory standard, faulty or not as advertised". I am considering a refund.

Again if you'd launched via preview, I'd just sit back and wait. But you didn't, I paid full price for a full release and it doesn't work.

On 8/10/2016 at 6:42 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Agreed. Any console game with a mouse cursor (I'm looking at YOU, No Man's Sky) should fail cert. I think maybe the EU is doing gamers a favor when it comes to dragging their feet on this.

I doubt any red tape would be caused by the EU demanding that the game has a proper user interface. I can see things like "the game should not contain flashing sequences that may trigger epileptic attacks" and alike, but demanding a proper alternative for a mouse cursor

Thanks for the update ^* 

It would be really Nice if you could link this thread too the Xbox1/PS4 part of the Forums also?   I'm sorry im lazy :P but when looking thru Forums, i normaly go straight too the Source ^* And i've missed this thread.

Edited by DaCana

1 hour ago, nestor said:

Hola!

We have read all your messages, and we appreciate your patience. I just want to give you a brief update about consoles.

Xbox One

The patch has been doing great in our internal tests. We are getting closer to submitting for certification.

PS4 

The patch is giving more trouble and we still don't have a final solution. The work done on QA has been helpful but we are still not there. We expect Flying Tiger to find a solution to continue with the process.

PS4 on Europe

We have made a lot of progress on this, but we want to have the saving issue fixed before actually submitting the game for certification. We are working on all that as our priorities.

Saludos

Thanx you guys rock and go xbox!!!!

1 hour ago, nestor said:

PS4 

The patch is giving more trouble and we still don't have a final solution. The work done on QA has been helpful but we are still not there.

Race condition?

PS4 on Europe

We have made a lot of progress on this, but we want to have the saving issue fixed before actually submitting the game for certification.

Told ya so <smug> :wink:

On 04/08/2016 at 8:39 PM, nestor said:

we didn’t spot those issues during the internal QA, external QA and certification QA...we have to finish the QA process to submit the patch for certification.

In other words, your processes don't work but you have to keep doing them anyway. Yay corporate bureaucracy!

4 minutes ago, cantab said:

In other words, your processes don't work but you have to keep doing them anyway. Yay corporate bureaucracy!

I believe nestor was alluding to the fact that Quality was not Assured, and so the process of Quality Assurance is not complete. Thus, they have to finish the QA process.

I'm here praying to have the bug that "disable SAS when cursor mode is enabled" is fixed on this XBOX ONE update. This is my biggest problem with the game, even if there are some others (already reported).

15 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I believe nestor was alluding to the fact that Quality was not Assured, and so the process of Quality Assurance is not complete. Thus, they have to finish the QA process.

True, but still messed up, that the initial QA, didnt even notise errors that happens to EVERYONE, when it comes to maxing the games available memory. Thus the Savegames getting Corrupted(ps4)/Lost(xb1)

As i've said in earlier threads, "All you need to do, too max out the memory from a freshly started game, Is make a 300 Parts Wessel, And Rename it 8 times." That in itself, would mess up the game.

That means, If you're the type that just wants to do a build-craft bonanza, or, If you just wanna launch alot of Sat/ships or a Station, You would get messed up either way.

So Yeah, my Guess is that, that initial QA, was not really a QA was it?.

If Somone even tried this game over a little time, they'd notise something was very wrong.

Edited by DaCana

On ‎10‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 5:58 PM, GriffKiller said:

Didnt the PC have all the same bugs when it was running version 1.1of ksp?

KSP Console runs on 1.0.1 i think. One year old PC GOLD release was it not? (Released 1st May, 2015)

Had it only been 1.1 (Released 19th April, 2016)

Edited by DaCana

5 hours ago, DaCana said:

KSP Console runs on 1.0.1 i think. One year old PC GOLD release was it not? (Released 1st May, 2015)

I'm fairly sure the console versions are 1.1.x (not 100% sure what x is though). Unity 5's performance increase was needed before releasing on consoles afaik.

10 hours ago, DaCana said:

Ya all im saying is that ksp is allways at the least a little glitchy when its updated or released an squad always puts nose to grind stone to get it fixed asap.

People should just chill out an give them a break, and as for the controls ya there crowded what do u expect its ksp.

Edited by GriffKiller
Miss spell

16 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I'm fairly sure the console versions are 1.1.x (not 100% sure what x is though). Unity 5's performance increase was needed before releasing on consoles afaik.

Yeah, I had to start the game too check it out. Its Version 1.1.0.1157.

11 hours ago, GriffKiller said:

Ya all im saying is that ksp is allways at the least a little glitchy when its updated or released an squad always puts nose to grind stone to get it fixed asap.

People should just chill out an give them a break, and as for the controls ya there crowded what do u expect its ksp.

I've never ever ( i think ) totaly flamed the Control issues. I mean, thats totaly patchable isnt it (making it possible to remap atleast)?  I also learned more or less how too use em ingame.

Is i said above, the fact they claim this release did a 3-way QA, is freeky. How about changing out the QA team then? 

True, i've had PC Version since early-early release, so i know about what i could & should'nt expect, but unable too play, isnt just " a little glitchy" tho.

This is a "cant play the game" & is a 1 month old problem now. As they say, we Xboxers might see a fix soon tho.

Edited by DaCana

15 hours ago, DaCana said:

Yeah, I had to start the game too check it out. Its Version 1.1.0.1157.

I've never ever ( i think ) totaly flamed the Control issues. I mean, thats totaly patchable isnt it (making it possible to remap atleast)?  I also learned more or less how too use em ingame.

Is i said above, the fact they claim this release did a 3-way QA, is freeky. How about changing out the QA team then? 

True, i've had PC Version since early-early release, so i know about what i could & should'nt expect, but unable too play, isnt just " a little glitchy" tho.

This is a "cant play the game" & is a 1 month old problem now. As they say, we Xboxers might see a fix soon tho.

With the control thang i wasnt talking about you just some of the people on the forum my b i should have made that clear. Im just happy to have ksb weather it's a little broken or not.

And as long as the save file problem is whats stoping you you can still play you just can't leave any trace of our progress(ship wise) witch does really suck

Edited by GriffKiller
Add stuff

Its almost as if the Early Release mentality was applied to the release on console, or is still being applied to the PC version even.

Take a look at how the Prison Architect guys ported their game.  The port devs did tons of work refining the mouse only operation of the game to fit within new menus developed solely for the console that work great on the console.Look great too.  No one is complaining.

I think many of the problems can be directed at this dubious Flying Tiger Entertainment company. This guy seems to have a crystal ball regarding the problem we now see.  Notice they're not on the forum here talking to us?

If and when the console ports of KSP come out, I strongly suggest against pre-ordering them or buying them on Day One. With Flying Tiger's production history to date, and KSP likely to be the cost of a full retail title, the risk of throwing away a lot of money on a broken game is all too great in my opinion.

TL;DR - KSP's ports are being done by a company with a questionable background. Hold off until after release to buy, after hearing some reviews

Flying tigers definitely dropped the ball completely but squad allowed the product to be sold to customers in this condition, id say the blame lies with both parties. Maybe even tilted more towards squad. How do you let your product be introduced to the console crowd in this condition? Baffling.

Sony and Microsoft get some blame from me as well as I expect them to catch things like this in QA 

Edited by MaxPrime
Very poor spelling

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.