Console Patches Update Discussion

all this hate for flying tiger, lets not forget squad gave them a broken copy of the game to port, they did their job and sent it back, im guessing squad looked at their work and either said yay rather than neigh.. it's a slap in the face that the patches that are being worked on are not released so we can all try them out, it took a week to tell us that a fix looked promising on the xbox and here we are still hopeful. a few minor fixes addressing things like resetting the staging upon exiting the vehicle could have been applied sooner no? you keep people (who paid for a product) waiting for it to be in a ready state, even tho you already sold it to us... I would have been happier with 5 fixes leading up to this rather than waiting 3 months for nothing

7 hours ago, Titan696 said:

all this hate for flying tiger, lets not forget squad gave them a broken copy of the game to port, they did their job and sent it back, im guessing squad looked at their work and either said yay rather than neigh.. it's a slap in the face that the patches that are being worked on are not released so we can all try them out, it took a week to tell us that a fix looked promising on the xbox and here we are still hopeful. a few minor fixes addressing things like resetting the staging upon exiting the vehicle could have been applied sooner no? you keep people (who paid for a product) waiting for it to be in a ready state, even tho you already sold it to us... I would have been happier with 5 fixes leading up to this rather than waiting 3 months for nothing

The joys of console ownership. Sadly they have to have each and every patch certified by sony/microsoft. No wonder the EU didn't give them the go ahead. At least EU customers haven't paid full price for a door stop release.. I thought consoles where the 'easy' gaming option. I hope you guys get a working game and they fix the performance issues too. I feel your pain.

I'll save you the click, here's what the devnotes said regarding the consoles:

Nestor, our producer, has some great news: the Xbox One patch has passed certification! This patch will be released this week and it will finally solve the save file issue that Xbox One players have been experiencing. Please stay tuned on the forum for the announcement. Nestor also wanted to let you know that we are still testing the PS4 patch to solve all the issues this port has presented, we’ll keep you informed about the advancements, but unfortunately there are no news regarding the release date for that patch, yet.

2 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

I can't even begin to say how relieving it is to know I can get my KSP fix soon. Poor PS4 players, sending you my condolences. It really sucks that you guys always have to wait a little longer. Between waiting for the Fallout mods and the KSP updates I'd be pulling my hair out by now. 

Man! You said it. I am super disappointed I switched to ps4 from Xbox 360.... can't listen to music while I game unless I pay for Spotify, can't use headphones and TV for sound at same time... and now this! My favorite title doesn't have mod support and my second favorite currupted my saves :(

I don't even really care about the 1.1.3 "patch" anymore. Too little too late. When are consoles going to see 1.2? Are we console players supposed to be excited that we can now play an older, buggy, inferior version of KSP on console that we paid for two and a half months ago? I for one am not. 

So while PC players talk about and play 1.2, we are still left with this mess? Hey Squad, when do you plan on bringing 1.2 to console? When are you going to get the consoles caught up with the PC version? Why did I have to pay full price for this mess? Why do you refuse to answer simple questions?

Edited by chimpbone

13 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

I don't even really care about the 1.1.3 "patch" anymore. Too little too late. When are consoles going to see 1.2? Are we console players supposed to be excited that we can now play an older, buggy, inferior version of KSP on console that we paid for two and a half months ago? I for one am not. 

So while PC players talk about and play 1.2, we are still left with this mess? Hey Squad, when do you plan on bringing 1.2 to console? When are you going to get the consoles caught up with the PC version? Why did I have to pay full price for this mess? Why do you refuse to answer simple questions?

First off, why bother playing KSP if you don't like the actual game? 1.1 is Kerbal Space Program. It isn't "some old version", it is the actual game itself AND it is the version that is currently available to PC players. 1.2 is in prerelease, not the current version, but I would guess around 6 months for console (which is reasonable). Nobody is preventing you from talking about 1.2 like the PC players or watching streams of the update.

Secondly, the console version is never going to be caught up to PC. That's just the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general).

Thirdly, nobody MADE you pay for this "mess", you chose to do so. KSP is one of those games that will be constantly updated rather than being completed. It will always be a work in progress, rather than made to have a sequel.

Lastly, nobody is answering your simple questions for exactly that, they are simple. Simple to the point that it only took a fellow gamer to answer them for you.

2 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

First off, why bother playing KSP if you don't like the actual game? 1.1 is Kerbal Space Program. It isn't "some old version", it is the actual game itself AND it is the version that is currently available to PC players. 1.2 is in prerelease, not the current version, but I would guess around 6 months for console (which is reasonable). Nobody is preventing you from talking about 1.2 like the PC players or watching streams of the update.

Secondly, the console version is never going to be caught up to PC. That's just the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general).

Thirdly, nobody MADE you pay for this "mess", you chose to do so. KSP is one of those games that will be constantly updated rather than being completed. It will always be a work in progress, rather than made to have a sequel.

Lastly, nobody is answering your simple questions for exactly that, they are simple. Simple to the point that it only took a fellow gamer to answer them for you.

Are you kidding? The devs said that they eventually wanted all platforms to be at the same version. Nobody made him buy this buggy mess? No as consumers in the 21st century we have a right to expect a working product when we hand over our cash.  Squad have been seriously reckless in this console endeavour. They even tried to get eu certification AFTER they were aware of the absolute state that the game was in.  We don't want to hear about constant improvement, we haven't seen one fix in nearly three months!!!

Just now, Homedawgian said:

I don't play KSP anymore. The broken, buggy experience ruined it for me. Waiting two and a half months didn't help. I am now stuck with KSP on console because they will not refund me. And yeah, I have kind of lost interest in 1.1.3 with no mods on console. You seem to be upset by that. 

The console version better get caught up with the PC version because that is the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general). Games that release updates across multiple platforms usually do so within a week, or at the most a month. 

Dude, I don't know why you are trying to be so condescending, but it is not welcome and you are just coming across as rude. I love space, and will probably buy most space themed games that come out. KSP has been my worst experience with a game so far, so please just back off. Not looking to argue. 

10 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Are you kidding? The devs said that they eventually wanted all platforms to be at the same version. Nobody made him buy this buggy mess? No as consumers in the 21st century we have a right to expect a working product when we hand over our cash.  Squad have been seriously reckless in this console endeavour. They even tried to get eu certification AFTER they were aware of the absolute state that the game was in.  We don't want to hear about constant improvement, we haven't seen one fix in nearly three months!!!

Perhaps we come from vastly different gaming backgrounds. Minecraft, Elite: Dangerous, Ark, Rocket League, 7 Days to Die, just to name a few. Those are all games that came from PC. Not one of them are caught up to or running parallel to their PC counterparts. I could be wrong, but can you name a single multiplayer game that is constantly updated, that was ported to consoles (like the games listed), that is actually running the same as the PC version? I can't think of a single one.

Just now, Homedawgian said:

Perhaps we come from vastly different gaming backgrounds. Minecraft, Elite: Dangerous, Ark, Rocket League, 7 Days to Die, just to name a few. Those are all games that came from PC. Not one of them are caught up to or running parallel to their PC counterparts. I could be wrong, but can you name a single multiplayer game that is constantly updated, that was ported to consoles (like the games listed), that is actually running the same as the PC version? I can't think of a single one.

Well I have tropico and prison architect on ps4. I had the command and conquer games on ps1 to name a few.  None of those had multiple game breaking bugs.  Do you think it's acceptable to release a game in this state and leave it like that for two and a half months and counting?

I know they got the patch approved but besides them saying they should be out this week I have not seen patch notes I would love to know exactly what they are saying they are going to be fixing and if it is just bug fixes, which is fine for it to just be bug fixes because we xbox user need the fixes bad as I hear PS dose too but Patch notes please?????????????????????????????

8 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Well I have tropico and prison architect on ps4. I had the command and conquer games on ps1 to name a few.  None of those had multiple game breaking bugs.  Do you think it's acceptable to release a game in this state and leave it like that for two and a half months and counting?

None of the games that you listed fall into that category. They were all fully released, complete titles. KSP is widely known as a work in progress and has been for over 2 years I believe. It doesn't take much research at all to find that out. Do I think that the current state of KSP is acceptable? Absolutely not. There is not a single excuse for the fact that this made it passed QA. That being said, here we are, right before the update and already complaining about the future state of this game. Why bother? Either you like it or you don't. I absolutely love it, even though it is flawed at the moment, but I still have the free will to walk away if I wanted to.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KasperVld/status/764531986283139073

This is incredible, a month after releasing an incredibly buggy game and they're trying to inflict it on a whole other market. Stinks of dishonesty to me.

3 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

None of the games that you listed fall into that category. They were all fully released, complete titles. KSP is widely known as a work in progress and has been for over 2 years I believe. It doesn't take much research at all to find that out. Do I think that the current state of KSP is acceptable? Absolutely not. There is not a single excuse for the fact that this made it passed QA. That being said, here we are, right before the update and already complaining about the future state of this game. Why bother? Either you like it or you don't. I absolutely love it, even though it is flawed at the moment, but I still have the free will to walk away if I wanted to.

Nonsense, the ps4 fix is nowhere near complete.

Eh you did,  'here we are right before the update and already complaining'

25 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

In this post you said that

8 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Eh you did,  'here we are right before the update and already complaining'

In this post you said that

And what part of that says PS4? And where did I say the PS4 content was soon? I'm done on these forums for the day, apparently if anyone wants my opinion, go ask RW1984. He puts the words in my mouth.

3 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

And what part of that says PS4? And where did I say the PS4 content was soon? I'm done on these forums for the day, apparently if anyone wants my opinion, go ask RW1984. He puts the words in my mouth.

That was the subject of our discussion, plus you referred to ksp as a multi player game earlier but I was gonna let it slide.  See ya later

1 hour ago, Homedawgian said:

Elite: Dangerous, Ark: Survival Evolved, Prison Architect, Subnautica, Everspace, and Rocket League are all PC games that came to console and all release updates across multiple platforms, within a week at best, or a month at most. Not sure where you get your information, but contrary to what you might think, it has become standard for developers who have games on multiple platforms to release updates as close together as possible. 

19 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Elite: Dangerous, Ark: Survival Evolved, Prison Architect, Subnautica, Everspace, and Rocket League are all PC games that came to console and all release updates across multiple platforms, within a week at best, or a month at most. Not sure where you get your information, but contrary to what you might think, it has become standard for developers who have games on multiple platforms to release updates as close together as possible. 

False. Fact check yourself, bud. Dates, forums, fanbase and websites say otherwise. As for RW1984, my apologies for earlier. It's 95 degrees out here and I'm dying at work. I was under the impression I was speaking to another Xbox player earlier before you commented, and as for the multiplayer comment, I was referring to the games I had just listed, not KSP. My bad on the miscommunication, my temper can get short when it gets hot. :wink:

Not sure why some of my text went bold there. Not intentional.

Edited by Homedawgian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.