Console Patches Update Discussion

21 hours ago, Deadmanrunning said:

Could you explain? 

Like your old save disappeared when you updated or you started a new game and still had save curruption

i deleted my old dsaves when i started it and made a new save played a few hours got off came back next day it was all gone no save at all didnt take me back to my first launch its just gone so i try again my maneuver nodes are messed so i turn it off come back a lil later my saves there and i go to fly my ship game crashes i come back no saves at all try to load my persistant save thing or quicksaves all gone

3 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

Can anyone confirm that there is still an issue with 100% certainty? And on a new save file and not an old one?

I've not heard anyone complain about a new save corrupting. but we all got that formatting message right? I think they had to change how the game saved to deal with the rollback issue and as such the old saves are not compatible with the new version. The old saves probably still contain the cause of the rollback and they tried to transfer them over and it has failed. they have dropped the ball again but I can live with starting again after all its a fantastic game :D if you want to keep your current save I would recommend waiting another 2 1/2 months until thats been fixed. I for one and not prepared to wait anymore! 

One thing I noticed on my lost Xbox career was that rendering of celestial bodies got a little worse.  I thought this was due to numerous flights running concurrently.  That said at one point, there were no stars visible on an ejection burn out Kerbin's SOI.  I am not sure if that info is useful or not.

So I've put in a solid 10 hours at least since the update with no issue. I went full ridiculous and made Duna, Ike, Eve and Gilly landings, a full sized refueling station orbiting Kerbin with my SSTO docked to it and PLENTY of space debris (I haven't deleted anything). I don't think I could do any more stress testing, it seems fixed to me. 

3 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

So I've put in a solid 10 hours at least since the update with no issue. I went full ridiculous and made Duna, Ike, Eve and Gilly landings, a full sized refueling station orbiting Kerbin with my SSTO docked to it and PLENTY of space debris (I haven't deleted anything). I don't think I could do any more stress testing, it seems fixed to me. 

I have been quite busy testing it myself, and have not experienced any save issues. I am still deleting debris and unused craft and satellites though, just in the hope that the game might run better. 

On 9/21/2016 at 10:20 PM, DOCTOR DEMENTAL said:

I bet they fix it by dropping the max part count to 100...   They are hiring staff to work on the PC build with their console profits.  As a Sony gamer I am now fully mortified.  Does anyone know how to delete KSP forum profile?

In 10 hours?!
I'll be happy to have one of my green fellows walking the surface of Mun in that amount of time.
And that's without a ticket home, respect for you skills!

Still waiting for a PS4 patch though...

20+ hours now, just landed on Laythe, Bop and Pol (multiprobe with a utility bay rover) after an extremely close encounter with Jool :kiss:. I appreciate the complement, assuming you were talking to me. At this point I'm tempted to start my career over on hard, never had much of a challenge in the money department, sitting on almost 8 mil now.

I couldn't be happier with the Xbox patch, hope you PS4 guys get your fix soon!

I haven't been keeping track of how much I've played since starting over post-patch, but looking at game time by the time the first week in-game was done I had all of the parts of KSC at 2 or 3 and I'm starting to fill in the 4th tier of the tech tree. I'd probably be going a little quicker but I've been having fun honing my orbiting with forced recruiting rescue missions.

34 minutes ago, Dunnfore said:

@Homedawgian  I've noticed your cool Jool system screenshots on the xbox gamehub. Amazing flights! I'm in the planning phase for Jool system mission. Hopefully I don't strand any more Kerbals. LOL!

Wow, thanks man! I'm flattered! Didn't know anyone really looked at them. Let me know how your Jool trip goes! And make sure to grav assist yourself into orbit when you get there, otherwise it's going to cost you quite a bit of delta v.

Had a bug since update on Xbox One, I was unable to take control of a craft I had left in orbit after going back to the space centre. I was able to dock to it previously with no problem, but was unable to take control of it from the map or the observatory after leaving it in orbit. Has anyone else run in to this issue? I haven't been back on since so I have no idea if quitting the build fixed the issue.

4 hours ago, TheMightyDerp said:

Had a bug since update on Xbox One, I was unable to take control of a craft I had left in orbit after going back to the space centre. I was able to dock to it previously with no problem, but was unable to take control of it from the map or the observatory after leaving it in orbit. Has anyone else run in to this issue? I haven't been back on since so I have no idea if quitting the build fixed the issue.

Yep, this happened to me twice. One time I just went back to KSC and that fixed it. The other time it wouldn't let me do anything, so I just had to load a save from like 5 minutes earlier. It's not a huge bug or anything, just slightly annoying.

17 hours ago, TheMightyDerp said:

Just had this happen to me as well. It happened after time warping in the tracking station. 

[On Xbox One] - After the update, my career was wiped. I started over, and have been playing, building up, etc. I have 3 science stations (kerbin, mun, minimus-landed), one satellite per each (I park one at each planet at my target orbit since it is so wonky trying to get the "cursor" on the console and watch your apoapsis and fly at the same time- gives me a nice border to see easily) and one deep space science lab. I started a mission to Duna. My game refuses to save. It will say it is saving, but it always reverts to the same point. I have *zero* saved ships, and 3 save files (persistent, quicksave, and one named). 

TL;DR: can not save long term, post patch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.