Console Patches Update Discussion

3 hours ago, SoSadK said:

[On Xbox One] - After the update, my career was wiped. I started over, and have been playing, building up, etc. I have 3 science stations (kerbin, mun, minimus-landed), one satellite per each (I park one at each planet at my target orbit since it is so wonky trying to get the "cursor" on the console and watch your apoapsis and fly at the same time- gives me a nice border to see easily) and one deep space science lab. I started a mission to Duna. My game refuses to save. It will say it is saving, but it always reverts to the same point. I have *zero* saved ships, and 3 save files (persistent, quicksave, and one named). 

TL;DR: can not save long term, post patch.

That's frustrating!  On PS4 I never manually save.  I return to the space center before quitting, as the game seems to save automatically when you return to the space center.  So I actually never quick save or quick load anything.  Perhaps you can try returning to the space center after making progress and see if it saves then?

3 hours ago, SoSadK said:

[On Xbox One] - After the update, my career was wiped. I started over, and have been playing, building up, etc. I have 3 science stations (kerbin, mun, minimus-landed), one satellite per each (I park one at each planet at my target orbit since it is so wonky trying to get the "cursor" on the console and watch your apoapsis and fly at the same time- gives me a nice border to see easily) and one deep space science lab. I started a mission to Duna. My game refuses to save. It will say it is saving, but it always reverts to the same point. I have *zero* saved ships, and 3 save files (persistent, quicksave, and one named). 

TL;DR: can not save long term, post patch.

I have been having issues with the xbox one patch as well. My game is at a point where every time I try to do something major, there is something that inevitably goes wrong and I usually end up losing hours of work. Doesn't seem like they really fixed the issue. It's actually more like they just put a bandage on a gaping wound. 

It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point. It seems that we are the real QA testers, and not only are we not getting paid, but we paid them $40 to test out their broken game. 

Edited by chimpbone

For the entirety of this xbox one/ ps4 issue i've been defending the game and saying it is playable. Last night I loaded up Kerbal to find my new save has gone.  This was a new save that I started after the update. (as i heard about the old saves corrupting) . Luckily i wasn't that far into it. I found it mildly annoying but i do still have my old save from pre patch (patch used lightly). so im back on that one. If i lose this save my next post will be angrier.

On the bright side I regretted making my new save. I wanted to catch up with my old save so i increase science reward to 500%. got up to the same level quickly but overtook too quickly and wasn't able to adjust it back to 100% reward mid career. now im back to my original save I can advance like normal. until this save breaks. and after that im just going to sandbox until its finally sorted.

9 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

For the entirety of this xbox one/ ps4 issue i've been defending the game and saying it is playable. Last night I loaded up Kerbal to find my new save has gone.  This was a new save that I started after the update. (as i heard about the old saves corrupting) . Luckily i wasn't that far into it. I found it mildly annoying but i do still have my old save from pre patch (patch used lightly). so im back on that one. If i lose this save my next post will be angrier.

On the bright side I regretted making my new save. I wanted to catch up with my old save so i increase science reward to 500%. got up to the same level quickly but overtook too quickly and wasn't able to adjust it back to 100% reward mid career. now im back to my original save I can advance like normal. until this save breaks. and after that im just going to sandbox until its finally sorted.

I highly recommend to anyone on console to buy a USB drive.  I back my successful saves up to a PC, and when corruption occurs I just use the backup on the flash drive.  If I accidentally overwrite the flash drive with a corrupted save, I then use the PC backup.

In my own experience, you can only unlock the tech tree so far.  After a certain point, corruption is all but guaranteed. 

On 12/10/2016 at 11:22 PM, Justin_Kerbal said:

I highly recommend to anyone on console to buy a USB drive.  I back my successful saves up to a PC, and when corruption occurs I just use the backup on the flash drive.  If I accidentally overwrite the flash drive with a corrupted save, I then use the PC backup.

In my own experience, you can only unlock the tech tree so far.  After a certain point, corruption is all but guaranteed. 

Thanks for the advice Justin. i'll start doing that. the tech tree thing makes sense. as I actually didn't get any save corruption on my original save and it was only until my new career overtook my original save in the tech tree that this happened. Does this mean that Sandbox mode is doomed from the start as everything is available?

Oddly enough i'm still not [redacted] enough not to play it. it's still a great game and even if I cant rely on saving it I can still enjoy building stuff, flying stuff and playing with the stock rockets and aircraft. Maybe because i'm a dad of 5 and am use to personal progress being scuppered ? ever tried playing lego with a 5 yr old?

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 4:17 AM, AndyChilly said:

Thanks for the advice Justin. i'll start doing that. the tech tree thing makes sense. as I actually didn't get any save corruption on my original save and it was only until my new career overtook my original save in the tech tree that this happened. Does this mean that Sandbox mode is doomed from the start as everything is available?

Oddly enough i'm still not (redacted) off enough not to play it. it's still a great game and even if I cant rely on saving it I can still enjoy building stuff, flying stuff and playing with the stock rockets and aircraft. Maybe because i'm a dad of 5 and am use to personal progress being scuppered ? ever tried playing lego with a 5 yr old?

Haha, I have and it absolutely tested my patience and when against everything in my nature.  Had to divorce myself from it mentally and make it clear that the result of the group effort was not representative of me.  And I snuck back later and fixed what he did wrong when he wasn't looking!  Ah, kids.

I find Sandbox will inevitably crash and corrupt eventually.  I can usually get away with 45 minutes or so before it happens.  Because I can't yet access them in my science game, I tend to always use atomic engines and the mining parts in sandbox.  Usually about the time I land a craft capable of mining on minmus or the mun, then the crash happens. 

I play this game every day, so I also agree it is 'playable', although far from finished.

On 12.10.2016 at 11:22 PM, Justin_Kerbal said:

Badly this doesn't work on the ONE, as MS thinks they shouldn't allow us to make save copies. There is no way to make a copy of a save here.

3 hours ago, Monkey-CH said:

Badly this doesn't work on the ONE, as MS thinks they shouldn't allow us to make save copies. There is no way to make a copy of a save here.

Hi,  can you confirm that you're still experiencing the revert save issue post patch?

I don't play this game anymore until we get a better working version sometime (min. 1.1.1 or better). I don't want loose all progress again. 

The old verison was good playable as there was workaraound for the save bug, but as I did now lost all my progress with this patch, I have stopped to play it until we get a working version. It's not my job to be a beta tester and loosing my games again and again only because the developpers are to stupid to test their game itself!!!

Edited by Monkey-CH

2 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

ANYWAY. 

This is what the Squad guys have been up to this week. Please do not attack each other about it. 

So in a nutshell no progress, no surprise.  Squad can you please withdraw the game,  it's deceitful selling this pile of Crap to unsuspecting customers. As I've said absolute con artists

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

So in a nutshell no progress, no surprise.  Squad can you please withdraw the game,  it's deceitful selling this pile of Crap to unsuspecting customers. As I've said absolute con artists

Seriously not the place to have that discussion, and there's no point repeating yourself.

Just now, RW1984 said:

Where is the place to discuss the fact we've been ripped off? 

I'm sure you can find a thread in the console forum section, and if you can't, feel free to start one. We should be discussing the devnotes here, not telling Squad their console port sucks and they should remove it.

But, I'm not a moderator, so I'mma stop arguing with you over it.

25 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I'm sure you can find a thread in the console forum section, and if you can't, feel free to start one. We should be discussing the devnotes here, not telling Squad their console port sucks and they should remove it.

But, I'm not a moderator, so I'mma stop arguing with you over it.

The console section is already full of threads on this. Squad has been ignoring us console players for weeks. hopefully squad can throw us a scrap of information,  or better yet an apology and a refund

Squad you've sunk to a new low with this dev note.  Talking about plushies when you have a critically broken game on the market for months?  I'm furious

Edited by Frybert

21 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Awesome! I know we're a long way away but what might 1.3 have? I'm sure we're all curious. What is the main thrust of it? 1.0 was adding a realistic (-er) atmosphere, 1.1 was the change to unity 5 and 1.2 was telemetry? What is 1.3? Can you even tell us that yet?

Thanks.

Fire

Mate they just released a big update. Besides. I'm sure they're working on it! Give them a break ok?

I can see where hes coming from. Im a KSP console player. I dont share the same hatred for Squad, and even in spite of the crippling glitches on the PS4 this game is amazing. But that being said at least some official word on the state of the patch for the PS4 would be much appreciated, we are kinda going off nothing currently, been playing the game since a week after console release, this was 4 months ago and i still cant play anything past sandbox because of just how freaking often my entire save data goes bye bye lol

5 minutes ago, CassiniPanini said:

I can see where hes coming from. Im a KSP console player. I dont share the same hatred for Squad, and even in spite of the crippling glitches on the PS4 this game is amazing. But that being said at least some official word on the state of the patch for the PS4 would be much appreciated, we are kinda going off nothing currently, been playing the game since a week after console release, this was 4 months ago and i still cant play anything past sandbox because of just how freaking often my entire save data goes bye bye lol

Exactly,  I'm just on here hoping to get some info on a patch, we bought a 'finished',  this is anything but,  it's worse than useless.  This has been a cash grab plain and simple, squad even tried to get eu ps4 certification a month after release when they were full aware of the mess the game was in.  Dodgy dodgy dodgy

41 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

No mention of the ps4 patch you guys are testing for flying Tiger but time to talk about stuffed toys? Squad you lot are a disgrace,  your game should be withdrawn from the Sony store.  I'm so angry that you've just ignored yet again the broken mess that you're selling to people. Con artists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey this is something we have not ignored, we are working on it and doing as much as possible to fix it, we have continuously answered what going on and that we are working on those issues.  

https://m.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3slem9/concerns_about_ksps_console_portingflying_tiger/

Just wanted to put this out there.  A year ago this guy saw this disaster coming.  FTE are a joke!! A mobile developer at best,  obviously the cheap option, I know squad are into that.  Cmon no decent company loses so much of its staff in such a short space of time,  complete clowns

Just now, Badie said:

Hey this is something we have not ignored, we are working on it and doing as much as possible to fix it, we have continuously answered what going on and that we are working on those issues.  

Working on it working on it working on it,  lame. FTE said you're testing a patch,  so how's that going? 

romeowhiskeyoneninereightfour (aka angry bird): we've been through this before, no need to overcook this and mere venting will not change anything. Get a pc-version (it's stable and fun !) or play something else until things are fixed.

13 hours ago, Elthy said:

Arent updates going through a verification by Sony/Microsoft? That could explain everything...

After 2 months, an XBox patch was released that didnt fix the major issues.   Console people are liquided.

Edited by technicalfool
Well.. fine! You sound silly then. Hmph.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.