Console Patches Update Discussion

18 minutes ago, nyma11 said:

did you all see the post I made last year if I could participate in the beta. Their "in house testers" will take care of it they said. LMAO

That is hilarious and totally epitomises squad for me.  Sure why have a beta at all when all you're interested in is a cash grab?

Another week has gone by with no word about anything related to the broken console version of KSP from Squad or Flying Tiger. That's 4 months now. Why do they feel no obligation to communicate with us about the broken product they sold us? 

Maybe if they quit behaving cowardly and ashamed, they might find the courage and honesty to communicate with their paying customers about the broken product they sold us. 

If they are doing their "best" and "all they can" to fix the problem, then they should find no issues in communicating that to us. Their silence only leads us to believe the opposite, that they aren't doing all they can, and that they have incompetent people trying to solve the problem that those very people created in the first place. 

Edited by chimpbone

4 hours ago, chimpbone said:

If they are doing their "best" and "all they can" to fix the problem, then they should find no issues in communicating that to us.

SQUAD: "We have our top men working on it right now."

INDY: "Who?"

SQUAD: "Top...men..."

(Cut to Flying Tiger Office where staff are seen lowering the harddrives of code and Xbox and PS4 devkits into a wooden crate. They nail the crate shut, remove the paint stencil reading "Top Secret - Property of SQUAD," and push the crate deep into their archive of terrible mobile games -- never to be seen again...)

Sincerely though, I feel for everyone who wants to play this on a console. I wish I could recommend it to friends who own current consoles but no PCs. Honestly, I was rather surprised they even attempted a console port, and even more surprised when a company that has never made games before (SQUAD) chose a company that has no documented experience porting to current consoles (Flying Tiger) to handle the project. At this point, I really can only suggest extreme patience. If they had anything specific to say, I'm sure they'd say it. Until they do have something specific I don't imagine they will say anything more than "We're working on it." After this much time, if they can't 100% guarantee something they say is true it would be foolish to say it. They already look incompetent enough.

That said, making games is hard, and sometimes so is understanding your limits. Then again, we don't always know what those limits are if we don't try. Either way they need to make things right, but if it's taking this long then it's best to just let them have the time they need. Eventually they need to get it right or make it right by offering refunds. Anything else would be a really bad look for a company hiring devs and claiming to still have grand plans for this "franchise," as they've referred to it.

Here's to hoping for the best...

Squad I have loved KSP for a couple of years now on the PC. And during those years you have never done anything like this. I have posted about corrupting saves and even had my hard drive taken out by KSP on the PS4. And where is squad? Too busy taking about the PC version to even give us something of a update. I don't care if every week you say the same thing it would be better than being quite about the problems. All I and many other players want is to know what is going on with the PS4 update and how long we can expect it also we would like a update about it every week. I am now stuck with this horrible game you call KSP PS4 version that is not even playable. So please give us something. 

Hey guys. I sent an e-mail to Flying Tiger last week regarding the PS4 patch and received this response today:

"Hey cujo8400,

Squad has the build, we're just waiting to hear back for upload. Not sure when they're going to upload it.

Michelle Brandstetter, Creative Director"

Hopefully this means we can expect it sooner rather than later. It sounds like the ball is in Squad's court.

Sounds like things are getting into motion slowly yet surely.
From all the info we received it is really hard to make a clear image of what is going on.

Could be that they just sent it out this morning and now started to answer emails with "yeah, we already sent out the latest build".

Fingers crossed for a release before Christmas!

I hit my caving point tonight after wasting 5 hours to have kraken take my two missions to the grave tonight.  I immediately went to microsoft to ask for refund, and within 10 minutes, after explaining the game has been broken for me since day 1 due to well known issues, they refunded my account completely. 

There may or may not be an update coming but I hit my breaking point personally.  For those of you also frustrated as I am, I suggest doing the same.  It is quick and easy.  for those of you that want to wait it out: props to you and your patience, and hope they fix all the issues soon so yall can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be

26 minutes ago, Mihaeagle3 said:

I hit my caving point tonight after wasting 5 hours to have kraken take my two missions to the grave tonight.  I immediately went to microsoft to ask for refund, and within 10 minutes, after explaining the game has been broken for me since day 1 due to well known issues, they refunded my account completely. 

There may or may not be an update coming but I hit my breaking point personally.  For those of you also frustrated as I am, I suggest doing the same.  It is quick and easy.  for those of you that want to wait it out: props to you and your patience, and hope they fix all the issues soon so yall can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be

I will try to call ps again. I want my money back too. Enough is enough. At least we have tried to be heard ftw.

12 minutes ago, codeispoetry said:

I will try to call ps again. I want my money back too. Enough is enough. At least we have tried to be heard ftw.

I'll do that as well, can always re-buy it when they finally decide to inform us.

Edited by RexusNL

I am frustrated as well but I need this game. I waited so long for the port and as soul-crushing as it has been, I have still experienced gaming moments that nothing else has compared to. I believe that eventually, things will be sorted out and I would just end up re-buying it anyway. For those reasons, a refund just isn't for me; although I certainly understand those who feel differently.

8 hours ago, cujo8400 said:

I am frustrated as well but I need this game. I waited so long for the port and as soul-crushing as it has been, I have still experienced gaming moments that nothing else has compared to. I believe that eventually, things will be sorted out and I would just end up re-buying it anyway. For those reasons, a refund just isn't for me; although I certainly understand those who feel differently.

and props to you, I admire your patience.  I do plan on hopefully buying it again one day when all the issues get ironed out, and hopefully by then, the price may have dropped.  but for now, it is just too much for me.  I've enjoyed the game thoroughly when (read: if) it works, but the fact it did not more times than it worked well is the reason for my refund. 

that and the fact the achievements are bugged and thats the main reason I got the game on console in the first place

Edited by Mihaeagle3

ya i wanted to get the platinum for my favorite game ever,  all the problems with it have been such a dissapointment.  i need to do my first fly by of kerbin.. while having visited the entire system.

i know itll be a long time before that is fixed the save issues are by far a bigger concern.  still sucks tho :/ i really wanted it. :(

I also would be in no position to ask for a refund.  I bet I have 50+ hours on PS4 (not sure if there's an actual way to tell).  I racked up a lot of the trophies, but I can say with 100% certainty I would be thrilled to start over and do it all again if I knew the roll back and corrupted save issue had been fixed, at least.  I play in science mode and I avoid unlocking past a certain point on the tech tree.  To be able to unlock the rest and/or play a career game without threat of losing progress would be heavenly!!!

On 11/2/2016 at 8:18 PM, cujo8400 said:

Hey guys. I sent an e-mail to Flying Tiger last week regarding the PS4 patch and received this response today:

"Hey cujo8400,

Squad has the build, we're just waiting to hear back for upload. Not sure when they're going to upload it.

Hopefully this means we can expect it sooner rather than later. It sounds like the ball is in Squad's court.

Squad have no patch to test.  FTE are straight up lying at this point.  I feel sorry for squad but I'm furious with FTE. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, cujo8400 said:

"Hey cujo8400,

I tried emailing Flying Tiger and I reached the same person.  I received this response on 11/7/2016:

----

Hey Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. As far as I know, Squad has the latest build and we're just waiting for hear when they upload it.

Thank you for being an awesome fan,

Michelle

--

Michelle Brandstetter
Creative Director

[email protected]

Main (562) 690-2599
Direct (562) 822-4313
Flying Tiger Entertainment, Inc.
251 E. Imperial Hwy Suite 410
Fullerton, CA 92835

55 minutes ago, Justin_Kerbal said:

I tried emailing Flying Tiger and I reached the same person.  I received this response on 11/7/2016:

----

Hey Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. As far as I know, Squad has the latest build and we're just waiting for hear when they upload it.

Thank you for being an awesome fan,

Michelle

--

Michelle Brandstetter
Creative Director

[email protected]

Main (562) 690-2599
Direct (562) 822-4313
Flying Tiger Entertainment, Inc.
251 E. Imperial Hwy Suite 410
Fullerton, CA 92835

I was in contact with squad and they had no idea what I was on about when I asked how the patch testing was going.  I get the impression they're as displeased with FTE as we are. FTE are lying about this mythical patch and I don't think they're even working on it anymore. Bottom line,  don't expect much from FTE.

3 hours ago, RW1984 said:

I was in contact with squad and they had no idea what I was on about when I asked how the patch testing was going.  I get the impression they're as displeased with FTE as we are. FTE are lying about this mythical patch and I don't think they're even working on it anymore. Bottom line,  don't expect much from FTE.

In this case, if FTE have abandoned KSP Console, what is there to do? How can SQUAD fix this mess? Re-starting Console development would cost a ton, but so would sorting out refunds and removing it from Console stores.

It would be a shame to throw such a good game away for potential users, but what else is there to do...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.