Console Patches Update Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 3:44 PM, GrouchyDevotee said:

Just checking in on the Console update discussion.

Has any developer chat discussed the ability to drag a fuel line from a Mun refinery to a landed ship? (PS4 console)

Game changer if it gets added.

I suppose somebody will now tell me it's already possible...... sigh... all those crashed refineries...

As far as i'm aware this is not possible. (would be awesome though) the way around that though it to have a rover tanker on wheels. dock it to the refinery fill up and then have a low down docking port on the ship to then dock the tanker too.

If would obviously heavily dictate the design of the craft but its a doable solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 7:44 AM, GrouchyDevotee said:

Just checking in on the Console update discussion.

Has any developer chat discussed the ability to drag a fuel line from a Mun refinery to a landed ship? (PS4 console)

Game changer if it gets added.

I suppose somebody will now tell me it's already possible...... sigh... all those crashed refineries...

Thats not going to be a thing for us for a VERY long time (if ever). Aside from the obvious re-port theyre doing, they would rather fix the existing bugs first before introducing new material.. And therefore more bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this wasn't the right place to ask... Or if it's been asked before and I don't know where.... Either way I apologise if that is the case. This is my first post on these forums.

I know KSP is getting a re-port on console and I have no issues with that or any timeline. I purchased KSP on Xbox when it first came out. I played and enjoyed it fully while generally accepting that it wasn't receiving updates and would stay in the state it was in. My friend ended up moving to PC for the updates and mods. Now I'm excited for the re-release... However. I'm wondering if I will be provided with a update to my version to re-download the game when it's released or if I'll have to purchase the game again?

I'm curious because most people on Xbox seem to think it will be an update to our current game. where as, to me it seems it will be a new game entirely and won't be compatible with my current games code, which leads me to believe I may have to rebuy it which would be upsetting.

(As a mod must approve this comment, if you know and want to help me out you can PM me and just remove this comment.)any answer would be appreciated.

39 minutes ago, Messy Goo Shoes said:

I'm wondering if I will be provided with a update to my version to re-download the game when it's released or if I'll have to purchase the game again?

Oh, you'll get it for free! Took me a while to find a quote on that, but here:

On 31/05/2017 at 9:32 AM, UomoCapra said:

We’re continuing to work closely with Blitworks on the updated version of KSP for consoles, which will be available on the Xbox and PSN digital stores when it is complete. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns KSP on Xbox or PS4

:) 

• 1 month later...

Hey all! I would like to begin by stating this is my first post ever here so forgive me for any formatting errors or party fouls. Thanks!

With all the huff and puff about release dates and refunds (perhaps well deserved impatience, but not the boat I'm in personally), I wanted to ask about a possible hotfix before the big patch?

Having had my save file corrupted 3 times in the last 2 days resulting in many, many lost hours(though not as many as others I suppose), I realized how much I wanted to play more of this game but simply couldn't. It actually seems worse now than it did on release when I bought it. In fact, I stopped playing then out of frustration that I didn't know how to play after hours and hours of watching Scott Manly and Kurt on PC rather than any bugs ruining it. 

Anyways, my point is;  is it reasonable to hope for a little baby patch to fix a couple of the big game breaking bugs before the big one? Ya' know, just hold us (me) over until it's finally out? I would even be willing to put up with the seemingly random crashes and FPS drops just so long as I didn't lose my hours of game play again...  

Edited by winterfox5
-Clarification

5 hours ago, winterfox5 said:

With all the huff and puff about release dates and refunds (perhaps well deserved impatience, but not the boat I'm in personally), I wanted to ask about a possible hotfix before the big patch?

I hear ya.  I'm in the same boat with wanting to play further, but not doing so due to fear of save 'curruption'.  A hotfix ahead of time is almost zero possibility, though.  The company that made the currently available port got canned and the new developers are starting from scratch.

Edited by TesseractE

9 hours ago, winterfox5 said:

Hey all! I would like to begin by stating this is my first post ever here so forgive me for any formatting errors or party fouls. Thanks!

Having had my save file corrupted 3 times in the last 2 days resulting in many, many lost hours(though not as many as others I suppose), I realized how much I wanted to play more of this game but simply couldn't. It actually seems worse now than it did on release when I bought it. In fact, I stopped playing then out of frustration that I didn't know how to play after hours and hours of watching Scott Manly and Kurt on PC rather than any bugs ruining it. 

Anyways, my point is;  is it reasonable to hope for a little baby patch to fix a couple of the big game breaking bugs before the big one? Ya' know, just hold us (me) over until it's finally out? I would even be willing to put up with the seemingly random crashes and FPS drops just so long as I didn't lose my hours of game play again...  

The problems with the first version were considered so severe that the whole thing was dumped and the job given over to another company for a fresh start. So there's  nothing to hotfix because the old version was discarded and the new one isn't finished. Sorry. :(

However, welcome to the forum. 

4 hours ago, TesseractE said:

I hear ya.  I'm in the same boat with wanting to play further, but not doing so due to fear of save 'curruption'.  A hotfix ahead of time is almost zero possibility, though.  The company that made the currently available port got canned and the new developers are starting from scratch.

12 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

The problems with the first version were considered so severe that the whole thing was dumped and the job given over to another company for a fresh start. So there's  nothing to hotfix because the old version was discarded and the new one isn't finished. Sorry. :(

However, welcome to the forum. 

Yeahhh I figured about as much, if I were them I also wouldn't touch this hot mess with a 10 foot pole. After this though I am positive they've got it in the right hands now, and maybe we'll even get mouse and keyboard support! 

In the mean time, I guess it's sandbox mode and Scott Manly videos to hold me over.  Anyways, is there a place to get updates on progress for said new port?

Edited by winterfox5
Repeated a phrase

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was expecting a bit more activity on the forum but i guess most people are from USA and its a bit early there right now...but the game is definitely not perfect...but who wants perfection?. I've not encountered any issues in flight but assembly controls are a bit clunky (i've reported one bug that was confirmed by another player which made you undo your build if you tried to fine tune a rotation with the left d-pad) someone else has been on the Kerbal enhanced edition facebook group talking about how he cant exit the tutorial windows though ive not had a chance to try this out myself.

I guess I don't mind, it was to be expected but please,if you find bugs, report the bugs, let them collect the information and let us have a patch out in the next week or two.

6 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

I was expecting a bit more activity on the forum but i guess most people are from USA and its a bit early there right now...but the game is definitely not perfect...but who wants perfection?. I've not encountered any issues in flight but assembly controls are a bit clunky (i've reported one bug that was confirmed by another player which made you undo your build if you tried to fine tune a rotation with the left d-pad) someone else has been on the Kerbal enhanced edition facebook group talking about how he cant exit the tutorial windows though ive not had a chance to try this out myself.

I guess I don't mind, it was to be expected but please,if you find bugs, report the bugs, let them collect the information and let us have a patch out in the next week or two.

I enjoy it so far, no major issues. Only one bug i found was the estimated burn timer would indicate burns to be 50-100 days when they would only require a 30-60 second burn. Nothing game breaking yet though.

Hoping to get an answer on the controller path for Xbox one debug menu as microsoft hasnt gone live with their full keyboard support yet. 

15 hours ago, IronSchu said:

Hoping to get an answer on the controller path for Xbox one debug menu as microsoft hasnt gone live with their full keyboard support yet. 

I read that pause the game in flight in sandbox and press on dpad up,up dwn,dwn, left,right left,right, B, A 

as a homage to Namco games or something...i haven't actually tried i myself.

On the Whole im happy with it....nothing game breaking, just a few niggles which hopefully will get patched...last night i was building a plane ad suddenly i was unable to place the wings, i had them selected and I could move them but It wouldnt let me put them on the fuselage..then it wouldnt let me do anything so i restarted the game and started the plane again. if it happens again i'll report it.

But I managed to make a propeller and it flew for like 3 seconds before pulling itself apart. which is amazing...I'm glad they sorted the trim issue :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.