Console Patches Update Discussion

28 minutes ago, klesh said:

That's fair.  I wouldn't go as far as calling SQUAD con artists, but I can see how they feel like they've been duped.  Most of us PC folks are here from the early access days, and in all honestly the game still feels early access.

Yeah basically after all the Crap we pc players have put up with for so long the console players issues seem short lived so the impatient and loud ones don't get sympathy from most other users.

54 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Back to what's really important to squad,  plushies!!! 

Ever been in a restaurant where a diner was displeased with his meal and made a scene?  Did you ever sympathize with that guy?  Ever see anyone come to his aid?  Probably not, because acting like a child in public is rarely persuasive and definitely doesn't win you allies.  It annoys everyone around you and makes you look like a disorderly unreasonable tool.  They're working on a fix.  It's in progress.  There's nothing else to report.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if they had included something in the devnotes that says "we have a fix in the works, and it's going through the various machinations necessary to get it out to console players, otherwise nothing new to report" you'd STILL be in the comments yelling about Squad ripping you off.  If you're displeased with your purchase, I'm sure there are other ways to receive satisfaction outside of having a temper tantrum on this thread.

For the record, as a Mac player, I've been on the short-shrift too.  But I will say, to Squad's credit, that any time I've posted a legitimate gripe in the appropriate section, someone from the company has taken the time to address it.  It might not be the answer I wanted or hoped for, but they at least made the effort.  And if what you really want is a return and refund, I'm 100% positive this isn't the avenue by which to request it.

Edited by MaxPeck

2 hours ago, RW1984 said:

No mention of the ps4 patch you guys are testing for flying Tiger but time to talk about stuffed toys? Squad you lot are a disgrace,  your game should be withdrawn from the Sony store.  I'm so angry that you've just ignored yet again the broken mess that you're selling to people. Con artists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bothering to see if someone pointed this out already to you. Squad licensed ksp to flying tiger. FT is responsible for patching a port.

Also conspicuous lack of information on rocket part revamp. Hackles are up. Faith is gone.

2 hours ago, RW1984 said:

I feel scammed which is why I said squad are con artists,  I stand by that. 

From the Reddit post you linked, it looks far more likely that Flying Tiger are the con artists, not Squad.

Squad, I have figured out a way to prevent console players from complaining in the devnotes. Simply place the following at the end of every devnote:

"As for console, the newest patch is currently [being worked on/passing through Sony and Microsoft approval/being downloaded to your console/being tested]. We hope that this will end the crisis once and for all."

5 hours ago, Badie said:

Sorry but I already answered you, you won't get more right now until we have news about

While our friend's approach may lack courtesy, practicality, and patience, he does have a valid point regarding communication on this topic. There really should be some sort of regular update on platforms that still have serious unique issues. Even if just to signal, "We have not forgotten about you."

Maybe the dev notes are not the right choice; after all, they're supposed to be about the activities of SQUAD staff, which only minimally relate to the console ports at the moment. But if not here, then maybe there should be a "console ports weekly" post in that subforum. Ideally your console development partners would be more active on their social media outlets, but if they won't or can't, SQUAD will have to pick up that slack to maintain good relations.

don't think I've been witness to anything as poor as this.why would you not mention anything on console progress, and then when the community want answers just turn arrogant on them "were working on it" not good enough squad hope your business fails.the only thing I can think of is it's broke beyond repair.this game has been removed from my hard drive for good and its left a very bitter taste with buying games off the Xbox store

People say the console mess is FTE's fault, sure,  but squad hired them. My approach lacks courtesy? Thats because I've been ignored for near four months, no patience? Ya that's all gone at this stage. 

I just hope one of these things happens very soon 

Squad fire flying Tiger for breach of contract. 

Squad issue us all with refunds and withdraw the game

Squad actually treat the console community with some respect and decorum. 

We get the console version updated to 1,2 (most unlikely) 

And to think they're trying to get this game onto wii u is hilarious. If that ever happens I'm gonna warn as many wii u users as possible.  Now excuse me while I spread the word about this vile port. 

Oh and FTE said squad are testing a patch, so they are very much involved in this fiasco. Stop making excuses for them. 

Edited by RW1984

6 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

With GOOD reason to be mad as hell.

PC gaming master race would like to offer some advice right now: play the game on a PC :D

Do you have any idea how many games are developed on consoles and get ported to PC and are absolute crap?  It's your turn I guess.

i have the game on ps4. I just abandonned the game. Not that I do not like it! No matter what I tried the game continue to be corrupt my savegame or I just advance trough the tech tree to a point where just having a ship to launch crash the game. I believe I have been patient. It seem like the update patch will never come (stable patch or no patch, come on). it also feel like a legal robery. if anyone actually read this: When will a game patch for ps4 will be released? Nowhere did it said I was purchasing a buggy beta. I paid 40$ for a game that does not work, that receive no update, from a company that is vague in detail about when the issue will be resolved. If I knew it was a beta it would still have been better. It happen I purchased game before they were finished in the past. It is something I can live with. But not to know, that kill me.

Edit: I have 3 copy of the files : on my ps4 hard drive, on my external memory storage, in the cloud. I did not abuse with big vessel and only use the persistent file to save stuff. The persistent file make crash less but now the game is crashing on rocket launch. Believe me. I tried everything I could. As other mentionned it kind of liquid me off because if I wanted to be a tester that is what I would be. When I come home I do not want to write someone else code or fix someone else issue, I just want to relax. This is why I purchased the game

I feel discouraged by the whole thing. 

Edited by codeispoetry

I play KSP on both PC and console, and you can't help but to be frustrated at the console version or the people who only have it on console. This is a great game, and not everyone has a high-end PC to run it on. So for them to finally get a version available to play was probably pretty awesome. And to pay good money for, and receive not just a broken, but a complete debacle of a version. . . Well the hate is totally understandable.

I really don't think it's too much to ask of SQUAD to just touch base on the subject, because this game is theirs...every interaction of it. And IMHO, console updates DO belong in dev notes. Car manufactures still issue recalls on their cars regardless of who sells it, where it was sold, or where the parts came from....their name is on it, so their responsible for it. That's all these console people are asking for. I mean, come on, the dev notes don't need much. They could just say, "hey, console crew, we called FTE Tuesday and cussed them out for an hour, just waiting to hear back!" And the console crew would be fed for the week because at least we/they would know SQUAD cared. At this point they're appearing as just blowing off people who have already opened their wallets. I mean, how hard would SQUAD be coming after console gamers if they downloaded their game and transferred counterfeit money that they couldn't use??? Probably pretty hard.

SQUAD... Bang up job on a totally amazing game, but now that 1.2 is out, do the right thing and hustle on the console side. It's just the right thing to do.

I totally do understand that console users are frustrated with the game they purchased. And yes, SQUAD could at least lose some words about what's going on which would grant users a lot of insight and at least give them the impression of being updated regularly, which is worth a lot.

I do, however, not understand the way they are asking for this. It is always the same users which start these flame wars and it casts a bad light onto them. Just read my initial two sentences. I wrote "they" even though I know it's only some single individuals, nonetheless I am accusing all of them, as those noisy users seem to represent the whole console community...

I, myself, am a linux user. There are plenty of linux users out there whose versions were or are unplayable for various reasons (flickering or vanishing UI, game launch only possible with certain specific command options, etc). Did you ever see any of them doing such a noise on a topic like this? I cannot remember, but this might be due to me purchasing the game in January... Same goes for windows users...I saw them complaining - which is totally legit - but not hating.

There is a difference between reporting a bug, asking somebody to fix it, making your frustration public by telling people so and spreading hatred and flame wars. The former is constructive, the latter is not.

6 hours ago, codeispoetry said:

i have the game on ps4. I just abandonned the game. Not that I do not like it! No matter what I tried the game continue to be corrupt my savegame or I just advance trough the tech tree to a point where just having a ship to launch crash the game. I believe I have been patient. It seem like the update patch will never come (stable patch or no patch, come on). it also feel like a legal robery. if anyone actually read this: When will a game patch for ps4 will be released? Nowhere did it said I was purchasing a buggy beta. I paid 40$ for a game that does not work, that receive no update, from a company that is vague in detail about when the issue will be resolved. If I knew it was a beta it would still have been better. It happen I purchased game before they were finished in the past. It is something I can live with. But not to know, that kill me.

I feel discouraged by the whole thing. 

Sorry to hear that. We all are feeling pretty discouraged at this point. Every week there are new people in here, asking the same questions about the broken console release, and Squad just ignores us or gives us some vague non-answer like "soon" or "Flying Tiger is working on a patch." They said they would have to prove themselves to us, which is laughable at this point. All they are proving is that they are willing to ignore their customers and act unprofessional. 

It is deceiving that they would release a broken, buggy game into the marketplace on consoles, and not be honest about it being a work in progress and generally unfinished. There is an early access program on Xbox One and they could have used that to develop their game for console and iron out all the bugs and such. That's what it is there for, for games like KSP on console. 

The whole KSP experience on console has been my worst experience with a video game so far. It was the only time I have asked for a refund, and Microsoft denied me, twice, even though the game is clearly broken. Squad obviously doesn't have the honesty or courage to issue refunds to customers that feel ripped off by them. They would rather ignore us and keep the money. It's going to fund their aspirations of becoming music producers after all. Hahaha. What a sham. 

How many months or years is this going to take you to fix Squad? 

Edited by chimpbone

On 10/21/2016 at 5:38 PM, CassiniPanini said:

I can see where hes coming from. Im a KSP console player. I dont share the same hatred for Squad, and even in spite of the crippling glitches on the PS4 this game is amazing. But that being said at least some official word on the state of the patch for the PS4 would be much appreciated, we are kinda going off nothing currently, been playing the game since a week after console release, this was 4 months ago and i still cant play anything past sandbox because of just how freaking often my entire save data goes bye bye lol

On 10/21/2016 at 5:46 PM, RW1984 said:

Exactly,  I'm just on here hoping to get some info on a patch, we bought a 'finished',  this is anything but,  it's worse than useless.  This has been a cash grab plain and simple, squad even tried to get eu ps4 certification a month after release when they were full aware of the mess the game was in.  Dodgy dodgy dodgy

Same here :( I just want to know something...ANYTHING. It seems the consoles threads do not get that much attention and we just want to know of any progress. The PC is constantly getting info sent out, updates and bugs fixed but we need something. I do really love this game and hope to see a patch soon. When I can afford another new PC I will definitely be getting this game for it but until then all I have I have is the console version. I too have to just play sandbox mode and back up the saves every hour or two. Career and science mode crashes more often. It is not fun that I can't play the game without losing progress and all that other jazz. Jeb is getting tired of having to reload and do missions he has already done lol :P 

14 minutes ago, Greenthumb Gaming said:

Same here :( I just want to know something...ANYTHING. It seems the consoles threads do not get that much attention and we just want to know of any progress. The PC is constantly getting info sent out, updates and bugs fixed but we need something. I do really love this game and hope to see a patch soon. When I can afford another new PC I will definitely be getting this game for it but until then all I have I have is the console version. I too have to just play sandbox mode and back up the saves every hour or two. Career and science mode crashes more often. It is not fun that I can't play the game without losing progress and all that other jazz. Jeb is getting tired of having to reload and do missions he has already done lol :P 

There seems to be a misconception here. Squad isn't favoring PC users by talking about the game they are developing for all platforms. All this 1.2 news is just as pertinent to consoles as it is to PC cause when you strip away the console specific save bug the 1.1 version on consoles was just as buggy as it was on PC and all the fixes to those bugs are coming in the port of 1.2(and hot fixes)

On 10/21/2016 at 4:52 PM, Badie said:

Hey this is something we have not ignored, we are working on it and doing as much as possible to fix it, we have continuously answered what going on and that we are working on those issues.  

as seen here the consoles are not neglected there is just nothing more to say about console specific matters at this time so you will have to be satisfied with sharing the general community news with the PC users until that changes.

1 hour ago, passinglurker said:

There seems to be a misconception here. Squad isn't favoring PC users by talking about the game they are developing for all platforms. All this 1.2 news is just as pertinent to consoles as it is to PC cause when you strip away the console specific save bug the 1.1 version on consoles was just as buggy as it was on PC and all the fixes to those bugs are coming in the port of 1.2(and hot fixes)

as seen here the consoles are not neglected there is just nothing more to say about console specific matters at this time so you will have to be satisfied with sharing the general community news with the PC users until that changes.

Thanks for the info :)  

11 hours ago, passinglurker said:

Neglect: fail to care for properly. 

Sorry, but I will have to disagree with you here. For one, your experience is as a PC user. So, I am not sure why you are telling us console users that "Squad isn't favoring PC users," and that "consoles are not being neglected." It doesn't sound like you have much experience with KSP on console. Also, the save corruption isn't the only issue. 

As if the broken release wasn't bad enough, Squad just screwed over it's console users with it's 1.2 release. No where was there any word that 1.2 releasing on the 11th of this month would be for PC only, and us console users had to find out on release day that we weren't going to see 1.2, as Squad just ignored our questions. So yeah, 1.2 news might pertinent to consoles if it was pertinent to consoles, but it's not. 

KSP on console is currently 1.1.0, and there is currently no expected release of 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, let alone 1.2 on console. We are still waiting 4 months for a fix for one game breaking issue. I think you might have some misconceptions about KSP on console. 

Edited by chimpbone

3 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

It doesn't sound like you have much experience with KSP on console. For one, the save corruption isn't the only issue.

You don't seem to have a lot of experience with KSP on PC. For one, aside from the save corruption we had all the same issues as you do during the 1.1 update.

5 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

As if the broken release wasn't bad enough, Squad just screwed over it's console users with it's 1.2 release. No where was there any word that 1.2 releasing on the 11th of this month would be for PC only, and us console users had to find out on release day that we weren't going to see 1.2, as Squad just ignored our questions. So yeah, 1.2 news might pertinent to consoles if it was pertinent to consoles, but it's not. 

What you fail to realize is Squad screws everyone over. they cut features and rushed out these buggy releases to make a console port which had repercussions on all platforms and with the sudden 1.2 dev turnover communications have been in shambles for everyone. PC users aren't getting special treatment.

11 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

KSP on console is currently 1.1.0, and there is currently no expected release of 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, let alone 1.2 on console. We are still waiting 4 months for a fix for one game breaking issue. I think you might have some misconceptions about KSP on console

What version you are presently on is irrelevant the dev notes review the work the squad has done over the past week. they worked on 1.2.1 and some plushies that's what you get for this week. This may not be the news you want but this is still news for you. This is still news about the game you play and how it will change with time you can complain about it not being the news you want (everyone does that) but you can't scapegoat and blame another group of users for this.

26 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Neglect: fail to care for properly. 

Sorry, but I will have to disagree with you here. For one, your experience is as a PC user. So, I am not sure why you are telling us console users that "Squad isn't favoring PC users," and that "consoles are not being neglected." It doesn't sound like you have much experience with KSP on console. Also, the save corruption isn't the only issue. 

KSP on console is currently 1.1.0, and there is currently no expected release of 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, let alone 1.2 on console. We are still waiting 4 months for a fix for one game breaking issue. I think you might have some misconceptions about KSP on console. 

People talk a lot about the supposed stability/reliability of consoles, but that only applies for developers that are willing to put a lot of time/effort into polishing and QA. A lot of sloppier developers (Squad, Bethesda, etc) release buggy ports that they never properly fix. To be clear, you have my sympathies. It's definitely a jerk move to release a sloppy port and not fix it. I'm more just musing here.

Also, in an effort to clearly communicate, I just wanted to throw my 2c about @passinglurker's position. There's some animosity in the air since the console ports negatively affected PC players as well. The rush to make changes to the game in preparation for the ports led to a lot of bugs/instabilities in the game that have only really started to get fixed in the 1.2 release. In the end, I don't think anyone is fully happy - PC players had their game compromised to try and get the game ported, and console players have to deal with a subpar port.

Many posts from the DevNotes section of the forum have been moved here. We understand people feel strongly about the subject of console updates, but it can't keep spreading into more and more threads. Please keep that discussion in one place, here. 

22 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Out of sight out of mind.

Yeah. Don't you dare ask about your broken game @RW1984! It will be fixed when it's fixed! What did you expect? A working game? C'mon. A refund? Get outta here! You should be happy to pay full price to play a broken, buggy, cheap console port. Getting disrespected and ignored is just an added bonus! What were we thinking expecting this game to work? I think we are the ones to blame here. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.