Console Patches Update Discussion

Well, do any of you guys know for sure if that's the way it designates legal responsibility? I don't know for sure myself, but I'm a land surveyor and when we get subcontracted to do a survey for a client (i.e. I'm the 3rd party) we are held liable for any mistakes in regard to the final design meaning we get sued, not them. I'm not sure if that's the rule of thumb with video games but, I'm assuming that's the way it works. I could be wrong. Any lawyers around? :blush: 

Edited by Homedawgian

35 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

(i.e. I'm the 3rd party) we are held liable for any mistakes in regard to the final design meaning we get sued, not them. 

I too work as a third party during the spring and early summer planting trees. Mills are obligated to replant trees so that the forest regenerates for environmental reasons but mainly to be harvested again. 

The forester checks our trees for quality and we face consequences if we're not up to spec.

IF, however, bad trees are planted and the checkers miss an area, planters get paid and the mill still is obligated to reforest that area! Therefore if their quality assurance is sub-par, THEY pay the price. 

Edited by ChillingCammy

3 hours ago, ChillingCammy said:

PSN and Microsoft have no return policies. In my province the law states: 

It’s illegal for the business or individual to give you false information about themselves or the product or service they offer. Some examples of misrepresentation include:

...stating that the product is a certain grade, style, model, or quality when it isn’t

Also, 

Delivery of goods

Under the Consumer Protection Act, when you order a product, it must be delivered within 30 days of the promised delivery date or you can ask for a refund. However, if you choose to keep the item that was delivered late, you lose your right to get a refund for it.

As I CAN launch KSP and use its features  (however , not without the frustrating inevitability of crashes and corruption) I don't know if I have a case.

In any event, software typically comes with a wall of legalese called an EULA that attempts to free the seller of any obligations towards the purchaser.

48 minutes ago, ChillingCammy said:

I too work as a third party during the spring and early summer planting trees. Mills are obligated to replant trees so that the forest regenerates for environmental reasons but mainly to be harvested again. 

The forester checks our trees for quality and we face consequences if we're not up to spec.

IF, however, bad trees are planted and the checkers miss an area, planters get paid and the mill still is obligated to reforest that area! Therefore if their quality assurance is sub-par, THEY pay the price. 

Sorry, I'm not completely understanding. You're not enmployed by Parks and Recreation? If not and you are a private company then I guess you're right, but if you are employed by P&R then you wouldn't be considered a 3rd party. If what you're saying is true, I'd assume that neither of our liabilty situations relate to how it works with video games. We'd need to find the fine print somewhere that explains how it all works. Either way, in my opinion, Flying Tiger seems to have made the mistake, not Squad, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree for now. :wink:

Edited by Homedawgian

On 04/08/2016 at 4:39 PM, nestor said:

Unfortunately we didn’t spot those issues during the internal QA, external QA and certification QA.

I don't want to believe that this game went through 3 stages of QA and passed all of them. If you play this game for 1 hour you can spot AT LEAST the cursor mode disabling SAS and staging getting screwed after EVA.

Squad messed up by letting Flying Tiger screw up this release without assuring it to be stable. I trusted Squad and I regret it.

26 minutes ago, Crabman said:

I don't want to believe that this game went through 3 stages of QA and passed all of them. If you play this game for 1 hour you can spot AT LEAST the cursor mode disabling SAS and staging getting screwed after EVA.

Squad messed up by letting Flying Tiger screw up this release without assuring it to be stable. I trusted Squad and I regret it.

It makes the lie that much harder to believe, or the neglect that much greater 

Is there any news as to what we should expect? Ok so you can't tell us when exactly, or even conservatively, but what are we going to get? Is this going to be comparable to1.1.1? 1.1.2? 1.1.3?

Should we expect to follow similar patterns to the bug fixes? or, being that you know the validation microsoft make you dance through should we expect just a bunch of the relevant patches at once to make it stable?

Are the xbox users having to wait until you get the PS4 issues under control?

What should console users expect as an experience here, looking at the patch notes for the pc the fixes were first implemented within 10 days, I count 6 weeks so far and we are still just "expecting a patch soon". Is this something you will be looking at in the future or should we just be happy with what we got?

I really don't want to sound ungrateful here but I have KSP on my pc and it couldn't run the physics, so now I can use the game on my xbox, sort of. I have paid twice and can't play the one i held hope for.  What this information gives us is an idea as to the general time frame, if you are jumping from 1.1 - 1.1.3 then we appreciate it but that's a longer wait, are we waiting for you guys to finish it or flying tiger, again that tells us how many hands this is going through, if its in house and some microsoft validation why isn't it here already..

No news is bad news other than silence, and it feels the only news we have is just that, keep us updated more than just "it's coming" please

lol. Yeah... so 6 weeks since release. & still cant play the game, as intented.

(just be careful, "they" contol everything in here)

So just dont ask when, or you'll be warned, and slapped, & prolly Your post deleted

check out 2.3 E of the rules & reg. :P

2.3 Forbidden Messages

a. Messages that contain no meaningful content, such as "like", “Bump" or any variation on the type of message that is used to needlessly boost threads and/or keep post counts up;

b. Messages made for the perceived purpose of stirring up and otherwise getting a rise from users (ie, flamebaiting, troll posts);

c. Messages that only contain images in response to a certain subject dependent to the context of the thread (ie. reaction images);

d. Messages that purposefully change the subject of conversation in a thread without a natural tie to the topic at hand; and

e. Messages that inquire about release dates for future versions of KSP.

But can always hope x-mas comes early this year.......

On ‎24‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 1:24 AM, Crabman said:

Patch will come SoonTM.

lol, what i heard 3 weeks ago. What i hoped 5 weeks ago.

Edited by DaCana

5 hours ago, Kerweeone said:

In my opinion, Squad and Flying Tiger should make another update about completion of update. We don't have any information about last 2 weeks((( 

You should check out their blog, made me laugh, "KSP is running smoothly on all platforms. It looks amazing and we're doing our absolute best to bring the KSP experience to console, and to gamers of all ages."
Are they for real?

On 10/08/2016 at 11:42 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Agreed. Any console game with a mouse cursor (I'm looking at YOU, No Man's Sky) should fail cert. I think maybe the EU is doing gamers a favor when it comes to dragging their feet on this.

I love KSP as well, bugs and all. But a console is not a pc and a touchpad is not a mouse. They require different control schemes, period.

I've seen some excellent builds/missions coming from consoles on YouTube already regardless of controls! I think the console players may yet give the pc master race a run for our money on this one yet.

Stop being such a miser majorjim, we've been through all these gamebreaking shenanigans for years on the pc and it didn't turn out too bad in the end.

PC users have let down console users for years. We used to have a time where console games were right first time, they just worked on release, no extras, no updates. Then the PC users started accepting this "they can fix it with a patch and updates" mentallity which has led us to here. Now we are sold DLC before a game is actually released, we pay for beta testing "preview editions" of things like Ark, Pre order DLC that hasn't even been created yet. This is not because of console users, its PC users accepting excrements all these years

16 hours ago, Palaceviking said:

I've seen some excellent builds/missions coming from consoles on YouTube already regardless of controls! I think the console players may yet give the pc master race a run for our money on this one yet.

Stop being such a miser majorjim, we've been through all these gamebreaking shenanigans for years on the pc and it didn't turn out too bad in the end.

I can deal with bugs and crashes.  I'm a programmer myself.   It'd be hypocritical for me to expect perfection. :D  But I have to admit I've been demoralised by the deletion of my progress.  I WANT to play more...  But it's just too frustrating to spend all this time building new craft and launching missions only to have it all wiped out with a misspelled (currupted?) error screen.

I look forward to coming back when I don't have to worry about save nuking.

Another weekend is here, do we have a patch yet? I'm not mad that the save glitch is in the game. I'm frustrated at the speed of a hot fix so we can enjoy our game. Of course they will blame it on Microsoft QA team lol. ok thats off my chest going to go play a game that doesn't revert everytime I turn the game off.

On 08/25/2016 at 11:32 AM, Palaceviking said:

You didn't quote me.. Can you link to these nice console craft builds? I would like to see them.

On 08/25/2016 at 3:22 PM, Titan696 said:

PC users have let down console users for years. We used to have a time where console games were right first time, they just worked on release, no extras, no updates. Then the PC users started accepting this "they can fix it with a patch and updates" mentallity which has led us to here. Now we are sold DLC before a game is actually released, we pay for beta testing "preview editions" of things like Ark, Pre order DLC that hasn't even been created yet. This is not because of console users, its PC users accepting excrements all these years

LOOL!

Nestor's post was moved to a closed topic to not "flood" the announcement thread. But there is no announcement being made whatsoever, they don't give us at least an idea. The update will happen in 1 month? 2 months? 1 year?

Squad/Flying Tiger took all my will to buy another "indie" game on consoles. If the certification process is soooo slow, I can be sure that the game will not be updated any time soon, no matter how many bugs the game have. Lesson learned, no more indie games on consoles.

59 minutes ago, Crabman said:

If the certification process is soooo slow, I can be sure that the game will not be updated any time soon, no matter how many bugs the game have. Lesson learned, no more indie games on consoles.

No Man's Sky has had six updates in the past three weeks. Certification doesn't take two months.

Also, Bug#10111 is still showing 0% progress, so that is also super encouraging. Very glad I got a refund when I did, but at this rate I won't be buying it back any time soon.

Well, it's officially been a month now since I said "Yay some news" and now I bitterly regret doing so. No patch. No update. No anything. I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've literally never played a game that took this long to update. Ever. And that's seriously saying something. What a waste of time and money. 

3 hours ago, James M said:

Well, it's officially been a month now since I said "Yay some news" and now I bitterly regret doing so. No patch. No update. No anything. I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've literally never played a game that took this long to update. Ever. And that's seriously saying something. What a waste of time and money. 

I asked for news in this week's dev note thread and was ignored. I complained about being ignored in a discussion thread and was attacked by the squad apologists. After a lot of activity in said thread a squad producer posted an update, guess what? They're working on it. I know that they want to fix it too but with this amount of time since release I think the console players deserve a sincere apology. 

6 hours ago, RW1984 said:

I asked for news in this week's dev note thread and was ignored. I complained about being ignored in a discussion thread and was attacked by the squad apologists. After a lot of activity in said thread a squad producer posted an update, guess what? They're working on it. I know that they want to fix it too but with this amount of time since release I think the console players deserve a sincere apology. 

Yup. Utterly unserious Company, and then theres some of the "bleivers" that put us Down, becouse we complain that we think we're being treated unfair.

Ohh Yeah, dont get me wrong, KSP rocks!   If you could only play it...  

And at first... Before the console release, as i already got it on PC, I was thinking & saying out loud too all my m8s i play With on xb1, that "*This game is soo good, it deserves to be bought twice"

Well... that was before release.

After 1 friend bought it, I told the rest to stay away! And that i'd rather buy it on PC (none of em got gamer PC tho so no sales there either)

Yeah. I am a beliver of the PC Version!

But stay the heck away from the console Version, I dont think it could ever work out as good as we could hope for. & if its runs that bad on Vanilla, what would mods do to the perfomance, they'll prolly never show up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.