Space Engine help

ussoldier2002

Hello all. I am assuming I am posting this in the right spot. If not please let me know the proper place to put it. Anyway, I am trying to create my own planet using Space Engine. If anyone is familiar with the program I could really use your help. I am using version 980 and when I export a planet (for the color map, normal map, and height map) I can not find where my exports go. After I export my export folder is empty. From what I understand you can't export planets that actually exist (Earth, Saturn, etc) but you can export procedural planets (I am assuming those are planets the game creates) but even those are not exporting for me. Am I doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, ussoldier2002 said:

Hello all. I am assuming I am posting this in the right spot. If not please let me know the proper place to put it. Anyway, I am trying to create my own planet using Space Engine. If anyone is familiar with the program I could really use your help. I am using version 980 and when I export a planet (for the color map, normal map, and height map) I can not find where my exports go. After I export my export folder is empty. From what I understand you can't export planets that actually exist (Earth, Saturn, etc) but you can export procedural planets (I am assuming those are planets the game creates) but even those are not exporting for me. Am I doing something wrong?

This is not the forum you are looking for, perhaps you'd be better served visiting the Space Engine forums

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

This is not the forum you are looking for, perhaps you'd be better served visiting the Space Engine forums

^ This.

This forum is for Kerbal Space Program.  Space Engine, though indubitably cool, is a completely separate program and has no connection with KSP at all.  If you really want to talk Space Engine stuff with Space Engine people, the forums for that program would be the best place.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about Space Engine with Kerbal Space Program people, you're welcome to do that in these forums.  :)  However, the "add-on" subforum isn't the right place for that-- moving this topic over to the Lounge, which is where we put discussions unrelated to KSP.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:42 AM, Snark said:

^ This.

This forum is for Kerbal Space Program.  Space Engine, though indubitably cool, is a completely separate program and has no connection with KSP at all.  If you really want to talk Space Engine stuff with Space Engine people, the forums for that program would be the best place.

On the other hand, if you want to talk about Space Engine with Kerbal Space Program people, you're welcome to do that in these forums.  :)  However, the "add-on" subforum isn't the right place for that-- moving this topic over to the Lounge, which is where we put discussions unrelated to KSP.

Ok, I apologize. I assumed that since I was using Space Engine for KSP it would be ok. Thank you again you guys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.