Through Hardships to the Stars [Chapter 32 - Something Big II]

TheEpicSquared

One thing to say about the ITS launch: YAHOO! WE DID IT, TEAM!

Just JAI. SpaceY was because SpaceX is going to make the real ITS :) 

I was thinking the EL mod so that we could build crafts on Duna, but if you don't want it, that's OK. 

Got it. Hopefully the 0.625-meter MOLE is compatible with the Clamp-O-Tron Junior. 

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

One thing to say about the ITS launch: YAHOO! WE DID IT, TEAM!

WOOHOOOO!

Just JAI. SpaceY was because SpaceX is going to make the real ITS :) 

Alright, thanks

I was thinking the EL mod so that we could build crafts on Duna, but if you don't want it, that's OK. 

Yeah, too many gameplay mechanics going on as it is. Thanks for understanding :) 

Got it. Hopefully the 0.625-meter MOLE is compatible with the Clamp-O-Tron Junior. 

Pretty sure they are, but if they aren't, I can make an adapter for them no problem. :)

Duna Station Craft Files 

Habitat goes on the core's TOP node. 

Fuel depots go on the FRONT and BACK nodes. 

There are two Solar Trusses. They go on the LEFT and RIGHT nodes. 

The BOTTOM node connects to SpaceLab via an adapter on the SpaceLab Tug.

Every station part except the Core needs a tug to move it into place. 

The Tug already has a probe core. 

Mods: Near Future Mods

Edited by KAL 9000

EpicSquared, you stole that design from Blue Origin, hmm, well I guess Green Origin since you are on Kerbin, still.  

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

Alright, some bad news everybody. 

I was backing up my 1.2.2 install in advance of the 1.2.9 prerelease coming out, so I copied everything to another location, updated all the mods, loaded up the game, and...

The save won't open.

The game itself loads normally, all the way through the main screen. Then I click "Resume Saved", as usual, and then the save for this mission report.

Then, the screen goes to the black loading screen with the word "loading" and the circling planets at the bottom, as usual.

The problem is that it gets stuck there. I left my computer on for over 6 hours to make sure that it wasn't just slow loading, but no luck. :( 

I'll try to fix it the next time I can play (probably Friday), but I'm at a loss as to what I can do to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and on another note, @The Raging Sandwich, I tried installing Kerbinside on a stock install the way I've been saying, and it worked perfectly. Download Kerbal Konstructs from Ger_space's thread, and then download Kerbinside Complete from the outdated Kerbinside thread. I'm not sure what's going on, maybe you installed it wrong? Anyway, here's a photo of my GameData folder, in case that helps.HHONp32.jpg

Is it getting stuck in ksp 1.2.2? If so, post your logs and maybe I can see where it is getting stuck. If you updated Kopernicus recently, that might be why you are seeing a blank screen. I had a similar problem on my career game.

Edited by Angel-125

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Is it getting stuck in ksp 1.2.2? If so, post your logs and maybe I can see where it is getting stuck. If you updated Kopernicus recently, that might be why you are seeing a blank screen. I had a similar problem on my career game.

Yup, 1.2.2. I think I updated kopernicus along with all the other mods, so that might be the cause. At any rate, I'll see if I can post the logs during the weekend. :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

On 3/23/2017 at 0:06 AM, Kosmonaut said:

@TheEpicSquared I really hope that works out for you

Thanks. I hope so too. 

18 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

I made a logo for the Duna program! 

RNzSK0b.jpg

And the mission patch version: 

PvD12yZ.jpg

That is awesome! Thanks! :) 

@Angel-125, I should have some free time after school today, so I can probably post the logs today. Do you need the KSP.log, or the output log, or both? Thanks :) 

On 3/19/2017 at 3:28 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

Oh, and on another note, @The Raging Sandwich, I tried installing Kerbinside on a stock install the way I've been saying, and it worked perfectly. Download Kerbal Konstructs from Ger_space's thread, and then download Kerbinside Complete from the outdated Kerbinside thread. I'm not sure what's going on, maybe you installed it wrong? Anyway, here's a photo of my GameData folder, in case that helps.

Wait so...... You're saying that with your way of installing this, you would have all... like 20-ish bases?

8 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Thanks. I hope so too. 

That is awesome! Thanks! :) 

@Angel-125, I should have some free time after school today, so I can probably post the logs today. Do you need the KSP.log, or the output log, or both? Thanks :) 

Just the logs. I'm pretty certain you ran into the same problem with Kopernicus that I did. Don't know how to fix it though..

@TheEpicSquared Yup, it's definitely Kopernicus causing the error:

[LOG 17:22:58.266] Load(Assembly): Kopernicus/Plugins/Kopernicus.Components
[LOG 17:22:58.267] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Users\Ronak\Desktop\KSP 1.2.2\GameData\Kopernicus\Plugins\Kopernicus.Components.dll
[LOG 17:22:58.270] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'Kopernicus.Components' V1.0

[EXC 17:33:59.225] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu ()
	Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.Start ()

[EXC 17:33:59.297] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.Start ()

[EXC 17:33:59.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[ERR 17:33:59.825] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class <>c:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 17:33:59.832] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene)
	EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
	<FireLoadedEvent>c__Iterator68:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[ERR 17:33:59.895] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class RuntimeUtility:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.<Awake>b__1_0 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 17:33:59.898] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu ()
	Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.<Awake>b__1_0 (GameScenes scene)
	EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
	<FireLoadedEvent>c__Iterator68:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

and a whole lot of these..

[EXC 17:34:00.848] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

I think you're going to need to talk to @Galileo about this, and be sure to specify the exact version of Kopernicus you're using.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:15 AM, Kosmonaut said:

rip this series

I'm really enjoying it and I hope it doesn't go down the crapper...

*triumphant voice* HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! :D 

This hasn't gone down the crapper! 

The issue has been fixed!

Missions have been launched!

Screenshots have been taken!

Ideas have been formed!

Spoiler

It seems just installing the previous version of Kopernicus fixed the problem. However, I will take steps to try to fix the problem with the current version of Kopernicus, but for now, we're back in business! :cool: 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.