[1.12.x] Critical Temperature Gauge (continued) [v1.12.3.1 — 2022-04-30]

Teilnehmer

17 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

Version 1.2.2.1

Changes:

• Updated to KSP 1.2.2

Sorry, I haven’t fixed this yet.

:D

Well, in the current version, you cannot disable the gauge for one part. You can disable it only for all the four sensor parts together, adding ‘ModuleEnviroSensor’ to the module ignore list.

Do you think it would be a useful feature to allow part names in the ignore list?

I guess my grin wasn't very clear.  It really was too hot, I was just chuckling at it telling me my 2Hot was too hot.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for keeping this alive!  Just a comment on your question last month...part name ignore list would be handy since there are plenty of times I'd like to add certain wing/body parts on spaceplanes but never all wings/fuselages etc.  Additionally, it would be handy to knock out a few extremely highly resistant probe cores or command pods but not all of them.  These are just a few examples I can think of where part name instead of module name would go a long ways for the ignore list.  The unfortunate side effect is that it would make an ignore list more bloated by its very natures since it's single part.  If you could have the ignore list handle both module name and part name then it would be the most ideal world.  

Just my 2 cents a month later :P 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

Known issue:

• A few second hang-up can occur at the first appearance of the settings window.

I’ll try to do something with this.

Hi,

For me the mod doesn't crash (I don't see exceptions), but I have a high CPU load, even setting window and gauge aren't displayed (only the icon in stock toolbar), KSP in unplayable due to very low framerate.

CPU is Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.8 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 660...

Using KSP 1.3.0 (1804) Windows/x64 (fresh install), OS is Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit edition.

Installed mod: MechJeb 2 v2.6.1.0 (Dev build 710), ModuleManager v2.8.0, BetterBurnTime 1.5.4 (lastest), DPAI v6.7.0 (lastest) and Chatterer v0.9.93 (lastest).

KSP runs fine when I remove Critical Temperature Gauge.

Thanks for this usefull mod - I've used it (previous version) under KSP 1.2.2 without issue.

Greetings from France.

Edited by DomiKamu

1 hour ago, White Owl said:

Thank you so much for updating. I love this mod, and playing KSP without it feels wrong.

Edit: Be aware the version on Spacedock appears not to have updated.

Thanks for this tip, I've reported an issue above, and probably I've picked it from Spacedock (I don't remember). I'll retry it because I love this mod too!

EDIT: I have checked my FireFox browser history, and I confirm I've downloaded it from Spacedock last night. Re-downloaded from GitHub (v1.3.0.1), but MD5 comparison reports that same files/folders, BTW Spacedock is up to date (12:10 France time).

Edited by DomiKamu

11 hours ago, DomiKamu said:

For me the mod doesn't crash (I don't see exceptions), but I have a high CPU load, even setting window and gauge aren't displayed (only the icon in stock toolbar), KSP in unplayable due to very low framerate.

Hm… I’ll try your mod set to reproduce your problem.

6 hours ago, White Owl said:

Be aware the version on Spacedock appears not to have updated.

Thanks. Now, I’ve updated the version on Spacedock and Ksp-Avc.

Edited by Teilnehmer

Version 1.3.0.2

I’ve fixed a minor bug on scene exit causing failing to save the settings sometimes.

@DomiKamu, this most likely won’t fix your problem. I’ve tried the mod set you use, but still cannot reproduce the bug.

Wouldn’t you mind testing the mod with different settings? Install the version 1.3.0.2, then put this config.xml file into the GameData\CriticalTemperatureGauge\Plugins\PluginData\CriticalTemperatureGauge folder, and run KSP. Do the lags still happen?

Edited by Teilnehmer

11 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

Version 1.3.0.2

I’ve fixed a minor bug on scene exit causing failing to save the settings sometimes.

@DomiKamu, this most likely won’t fix your problem. I’ve tried the mod set you use, but still cannot reproduce the bug.

Wouldn’t you mind testing the mod with different settings? Install the version 1.3.0.2, then put this config.xml file into the GameData\CriticalTemperatureGauge\Plugins\PluginData\CriticalTemperatureGauge folder, and run KSP. Do the lags still happen?

I'll try this 1.3.0.2 ASAP (this afternoon) and I'll report if it works fine or not without, then with your xml file (thanks!)

In case of I'll encounter similar issue, I'll try it from fresh (unmoded) KSP 1.3.0, then I'll add mods I'm using but one after one (in case of conflit with another).

Edited by DomiKamu

I don't have the high CPU load issue I've mentionned by using your config xml file (link you've provided - thanks again), even I've done some customizations without problem.

Without this XML, this bug comes back...

I precise by default this value is (xml created on exit to KSP menu):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <vector2 name="SettingsWindowPosition">
        <x>0</x>
        <y>0</y>
    </vector2>
    <vector2 name="GaugeWindowPosition">
        <x>0</x>
        <y>0</y>
    </vector2>
    <bool name="ShowAppLauncherButton">1</bool>
    <bool name="LockGaugeWindow">1</bool>
    <bool name="ForceShowGauge">0</bool>
    <double name="GaugeShowingThreshold">0.5</double>
    <double name="GaugeHidingThreshold">0.40000000000000002</double>
    <bool name="ShowTemperature">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowTemperatureLimit">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowTemperatureRate">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowCriticalPart">1</bool>
    <bool name="HighlightCriticalPart">1</bool>
    <bool name="PartMenuTemperature">1</bool>
    <bool name="PartMenuTemperatureLimit">1</bool>
    <bool name="PartMenuTemperatureRate">1</bool>
    <bool name="UseExclusionList">0</bool>
    <string name="ExclusionList" />
</config>

The GaugeHidingThreshold value seems stange (bold red), in my opinion... in your separate xml, the value is 0.4.

Tell me if you need some KSP logs, don't hesitate!

Edited by DomiKamu

Please can you take a look about the option to hide definitively the button in (stock) toolbar? (I don't use blizzy78 toolbar, but only stock).

Because the button always comes back on stock toolbar everytime I begin a new flight - despite Show AppLauncher button checkbox is unchecked.

Having <bool name="ShowAppLauncherButton">1</bool> entry saved in config.xml, of course it's normal. So, from next flight, the icon appears again, by clicking it, the "Show AppLauncher button" is unchecked, we must click twice the checkbox to remove the button from toolbar. Hope my explanation is understandable.

Many thanks in advance, and thanks again about Critical Temperature Gauge plugin, it's amazing!

Edited by DomiKamu

I really like this mod. It presents me with clear readings and brings up the critical temperatures I need to worry about. If a part is hot, it's nice to see how rapidly it's heating, if something I did to cool things back down actually helped lower the temperature, and how close am I to "hot enough to explode". Thanks!

On 2017-6-19 at 7:50 PM, DomiKamu said:

@Teilnehmer FYI, I found this option might be the real culprit. The CPU load on my computer drops to normal as soon as I turn it off. And I didn't find other options that affect the performance.

As for this line:

On 2017-6-19 at 7:50 PM, DomiKamu said:

I don't think it's a problem. In fact, that's how 0.4 is stored internally as a binary floating point number.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, SyiMyuZya said:

FYI, I found this option might be the real culprit. The CPU load on my computer drops to normal as soon as I turn it off. And I didn't find other options that affect the performance

Thanks. Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce the bug. I don’t observe any difference if CPU load between PartMenuTemperature on and off on my computer :(

10 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Needs updating for .2

What’s “.2”?

Just now, Teilnehmer said:

Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce the bug. I don’t observe any difference if CPU load between PartMenuTemperature on and off on my computer

Maybe it's not significant enough on 1x time...

Actually I didn't notice this problem at first either, until once I turned on "hyper warp" with Time Control during a simple reentry to save some time, but found the actual time rate is much lower than it used to be before I installed CTG. (I usually set a 6x warp and it should work fine, but now I only get 1.5x even after my pod has landed)

The version in current downloads is .1 and give an ksp-avc message to upgrade to latest version .2. When you select to download you get the current file which states version .1. Thus we go round and round. Sorry if the quote was not enough of a clue. I was pressed for time.

Tested the AppLauncher button hiding -> now the button remains hidden between flights, it's perfect !

Great stuff!

Thanks a lot Teilnehmer for this mod and this useful 1.3.0.3 update.

Greetings from Chartres, France.

EDIT: this is my "config.xml" (gauge will appears only if required, and located below KER HUD). As you can see, I've disabled "Hightlight Critical Part".

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <vector2 name="SettingsWindowPosition">
        <x>254</x>
        <y>255</y>
    </vector2>
    <vector2 name="GaugeWindowPosition">
        <x>440</x>
        <y>91</y>
    </vector2>
    <bool name="ShowAppLauncherButton">0</bool>
    <bool name="LockGaugeWindow">1</bool>
    <bool name="AlwaysShowGauge">0</bool>
    <double name="GaugeShowingThreshold">0.5</double>
    <bool name="ShowTemperature">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowTemperatureLimit">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowTemperatureRate">1</bool>
    <bool name="ShowCriticalPart">1</bool>
    <bool name="HighlightCriticalPart">0</bool>
    <bool name="PartMenuTemperatureLimit">1</bool>
    <bool name="PartMenuTemperatureRate">1</bool>
    <bool name="UseExclusionList">0</bool>
    <string name="ExclusionList" />
</config>

Edited by DomiKamu

On 6/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, DomiKamu said:

EDIT: this is my "config.xml" (gauge will appears only if required, and located below KER HUD). As you can see, I've disabled "Hightlight Critical Part".

I’m sorry, I miss the point. Do you have any problems with this configuration?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.