VOTING : go ahead later to implement this model for KSP ? - Space-X -Dragon CRS

go ahead later to implement this model for KSP ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. go ahead later to implement this model for KSP ?

• go ahead later to implement this model for KSP
    • no please - not another Dragon-CRS for KSP

Dear community ,

after i realised a 3D deep-scale Modell of the Dragon CRS [* see below thread link] ( Deep-scale Dragon-CRS Model Study )  i have to start a KSP Game kompatible (low memory footprint) Model

here is the first result. i think that i go later to implement this model for the game. (maybe this winter)

yep - another Dragon-CRS model :)

this 3d-model weight now 2.2MB memory

lnN2FPM.png

uPb0cp8.png

KJCycKC.png

>  obviously integrate of full Imgur-photo albums dont works more -  does anyone know why? <

ok whatever here the link 4 the full album

cheers, Raendy

[full initial thread link]

Edited by RaendyLeBeau
add voting

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have talked to Raendy, and we agreed that I will take care and support him with the texturing and game configuration of this wonderful model. We further agreed that this will be released in the SpaceX pack which I am working on here:

All updates regarding this Dragon will be published in the linked thread above, thanks! :)

• 2 months later...
On 4.9.2016 at 5:13 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hey guys,

I have talked to Raendy, and we agreed that I will take care and support him with the texturing and game configuration of this wonderful model. We further agreed that this will be released in the SpaceX pack which I am working on here:

All updates regarding this Dragon will be published in the linked thread above, thanks! :)

@Kartoffelkuchen

Hi Kartoffelkuchen,

Can you tell us when the Dragon is ready for flight ?

cheers, raendy

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎09‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 11:38 PM, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

"32,000 tris" holy crap! I began to plane faces when a model I was working on broke 4500. I could get to Minmus and back with 32,000 tris. Haha.

All the same, it's gorgeous. 

Did you happen to get a dummy model (at least) in-game yet, to see how it played with other highly-detailed models?

You think 32k is much?

This baby here has about 150k tris (as raw model, less as KSP model, I optimized it slightly):

https://sketchfab.com/models/4976409463594cfb83acdd1cfed174de

And even this Merlin 1D has 47k tris, and nine of them are attached to the first stage of the F9 in KSP, and it runs just fine:

https://sketchfab.com/models/2e88061d2ef74a4db8b3282a191b4b34

Do not underestimate the power of Unity (heh) and KSP, it can handle quite heavy models. Colliders & textures are the limiting factors. My record is 750k tris for a full Falcon 1 rocket, but I really overexxagerated a little there. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.