trying to run ksp demo in Oracle viratual box

specification:                                          as you can see noting runs

• 2.0GHZ DUAL CORE CPU OR HIGHER (PREFERABLY HIGHER)
  • 2GB RAM
  • 512MB VIDEO CARD, SHADER MODEL 3.0
  • 1GB FREE HD SPACE
  • WINDOWS VISTA, 7 OR 8
Edited by igor290506

Moved this over to Technical Support.

Are you able to share the log from the game startup? You can find directions to locate it here, as well as some other information that is helpful with troubleshooting.

My guess would be that the GPU is not being passed through properly to the virtual machine (if I am understanding you correctly, this is a Win7 install in a virtual machine). While VM installs are not officially supported it should be possible to make it work.

It does look like the system requirements need some updating, at the very least 1GB of disk space is no longer sufficient for KSP.

Not even sure thats real 3d, does enabling Aero work?

I just had a look at it, It should be possible to get some form of 3D acceleration in Virtualbox, under settings, display tab, tick the "enable 3d accerlation" box, max out the graphics memory slider to 128 MB, and then maybe, maybe it'll run KSP. But I highly doubt it.

Edited by AlexanderB

Running KSP in a virtual machine is not supported, and VirtualBox is not designed for this, for example it is limited to 256mb of video RAM.

3D gaming in VirtualBox can be done but you must install the VirtualBox 3D graphics driver (part of the VirtualBox Guest Additions) in safe mode.

The error you see is because you do not have a suitable 3D driver installed.

KSP will be extremely slow in VirtualBox, no matter what your specs are or what minimum specs KSP has, so if you really really have to use a virtual machine then you can try using VMware Player but again you must install the driver in safe mode, this is also not supported and may not work.

But as KSP is available on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows there is no need to use a virtual machine.

On 8/23/2016 at 0:32 PM, sal_vager said:

Running KSP in a virtual machine is not supported, and VirtualBox is not designed for this, for example it is limited to 256mb of video RAM.

3D gaming in VirtualBox can be done but you must install the VirtualBox 3D graphics driver (part of the VirtualBox Guest Additions) in safe mode.

The error you see is because you do not have a suitable 3D driver installed.

KSP will be extremely slow in VirtualBox, no matter what your specs are or what minimum specs KSP has, so if you really really have to use a virtual machine then you can try using VMware Player but again you must install the driver in safe mode, this is also not supported and may not work.

But as KSP is available on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows there is no need to use a virtual machine.

i have on my computer kerbal space program full version on steam and a demo from ksp website

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.