Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

1.0.5? give it a try with the right version of Telemachus (see post above). Russian accent? Whatever the browser supports!

Ok.

1) First can you see the telemachus UI/page? http://localhost:8085/telemachus/information.html
2) If yes to #1, does your spacecraft have a telemachus antenna attached and is it broadcasting.
3) If yes to #2, can you see an image of your spacecraft by going to this url: http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/TelemachusFlightCamera

This should tell me a bit more. Also, if you want you can contact me via email at my username @ g m a i l . c o m

 

More about running/using Telemachus he

ref:(

 

 

 

1..yes

2..yes

3..no - just a white screen

im using ksp 1.1.3 if that helps

Edited by maceemiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

1..yes

2..yes

3..no - just a white screen

im using ksp 1.1.3 if that helps

same for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shiva said:

same for me..

Im sure it will be fixed....I'll do what im asked to help as I want this mod :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

1..yes

2..yes

3..no - just a white screen

im using ksp 1.1.3 if that helps

 

Ok. This is an issue with the Telemachus install.

Do you have RasterPropMonitor installed? Not sure if that's required for the latest Telemachus or not (I have it installed).

Check and see what happens when you go to: http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/

You should see something in your browser like this: 

[{"name":"RPMCamera-ExtCam1","type":"RasterPropMonitor","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/RPMCamera-ExtCam1"},{"name":"RPMCamera-ExtCam2","type":"RasterPropMonitor","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/RPMCamera-ExtCam2"},{"name":"TelemachusFlightCamera","type":"FlightCamera","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/TelemachusFlightCamera"}]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Somtaaw said:

Can't wait to install this... however I have a request, and a question.

 

Question: do we just get the PAO speech regarding active flights, or will there be occasional check-in's from space stations, transmissions from spacecraft approaching maneuvering nodes (something, something, ready to apply thrust, something, something); Kerbals on EVA talking about the view and other random stuff like that?

 

Request: interaction with RemoteTech antenna! I already have numerous nets of satellites up, and to start chucking even more into place just so I can get this to work properly would really, really suck. All my long term spacecraft already have RT antennae, and I'd have to either bring them all back home to add in the new part, or loft a dedicated attachment.

 

edit: actually as I posted, realized you can't make the interaction happen with RT specific antenna, but perhaps an option on your side to use "stock" antenna rather than the Telemachus antenna

So here's a couple of things to understand about how the mod Telemachus works, which makes most of what you are asking for not possible (at this time). Right now PAO (and Telemachus) only retrieves info about the current flight. It can get info on the current vessel's target and that'it. Now, I have been working on a way to intelligently cache information to add some of this in the game, but it would be limited and it's information not accurate. Now as far as antenna go, there is a mod that I believe is like "TelemachusForAll" much like MechJeb for all. I'll defer you to the other forums, but if you use a mode like that, it should work.

Great idea/questions!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

 

Ok. This is an issue with the Telemachus install.

Do you have RasterPropMonitor installed? Not sure if that's required for the latest Telemachus or not (I have it installed).

Check and see what happens when you go to: http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/

You should see something in your browser like this: 


[{"name":"RPMCamera-ExtCam1","type":"RasterPropMonitor","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/RPMCamera-ExtCam1"},{"name":"RPMCamera-ExtCam2","type":"RasterPropMonitor","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/RPMCamera-ExtCam2"},{"name":"TelemachusFlightCamera","type":"FlightCamera","url":"http://localhost:8085/telemachus/cameras/TelemachusFlightCamera"}]

 

Hi again. I already had Raster installed so now when I click the above link all I see is [ ] in the top right hand corner of the window, still a white screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, maceemiller said:

Hi again. I already had Raster installed so now when I click the above link all I see is [ ] in the top right hand corner of the window, still a white screen.

Ok. Let's see if we at least can get telemetry from the  Telemachus API. Try this: http://localhost:8085/telemachus/datalink?a=v.altitude&b=v.missionTime

Try that when you have a launched vessel with an active telemachus antenna. You should see something like this: 

{"a":99935.794822931057,"b":608.32484619727984}


If you don't, I would remove the Telemachus directory entirely and install the alpha version from the previous link. Don't install KSP-PAO and try the test above again. Let me know!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, quick post, i did a clean install of KSP and it worked first time so Im guessing I had a conflicting mod or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, maceemiller said:

ok, quick post, i did a clean install of KSP and it worked first time so Im guessing I had a conflicting mod or something.

Awesome! Hope you enjoy it. My plan is to get an update our next week with the following:

  • More Ads
  • My variety in the reporting from the PAO.
  • Add a crew wakeup feature!
  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this still being updated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! It sounds intresting, can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much of a programmer, but I'm interested in this telemetry mod. I downloaded the bit repo today to get my feet wet.  First question I have is should this mod work on a Mac? When I click the button to connect , ,y browser opens but no server is listening on my Mac. I also wondered if I could get some hints on how I might hook into the ground comes and relays...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

@Axilourous Yes it is!! The mod is reliant on the Telemachus mod, which I'm waiting for an official new version before I publish an update. Definitely being worked on! 

I thought there was a 1.2 release for Telemachus already.

https://github.com/KSP-Telemachus/Telemachus/releases 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2017 at 7:34 AM, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

@eberkain There is an alpha release but no final release.  There are some issues with the camera and the latest code. 

From what it looks like in the github link, it looks as if the new one is not alpha, but then again, you would know based on the fact you seem to be helping to update Telemachus... Well since I didn't say it earlier, good luck with updating these two! Oh, one more thing. If I installed these, would they still work anyway, even with those bugs, or would it just not work/murder everything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!. The only issue I think right now is that PAO uses the branch with the Camera code.. which is note the branch I believe you were referring too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

UPDATE: I am getting close to releasing a new version that will be based on the KRPC mod. Stay tuned.

Hi @JOHNMKNIGHT I'm not bugging you for an update, ust wondering what the status of this currently is, and/or if you are still working on this...
It sounds very kewl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Hi @JOHNMKNIGHT I'm not bugging you for an update, ust wondering what the status of this currently is, and/or if you are still working on this...
It sounds very kewl.

Hey! I have NOT given up or stopped working on this. Had some life events get in the way of the last few releases. My plan is to wait for the next version (this month) and update /test the new version. I've rewritten to use other mods - so I will be dependent on them, but they are VERY active and have a good track record of being updated quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JOHNMKNIGHT said:

Hey! I have NOT given up or stopped working on this. Had some life events get in the way of the last few releases. My plan is to wait for the next version (this month) and update /test the new version. I've rewritten to use other mods - so I will be dependent on them, but they are VERY active and have a good track record of being updated quickly!

Excellent!
I've been going thru all my copies of .zips of ALL the various Telemachus versions thru the years, by many different devs and peeps who have recompiled it. All the "addons" as well...

Hoping to somehow integrate the best aspects of each version/addition of features that people have added/fixed over the years, as well as to poke around and see what addons may still be viable for 1.4.5 or newer KSP releases... I love them all, and would hate to see Telemachus die off, or be so fragmented, with everyone having their own different "versions".

I really wish someone would step forward and take a good hard look at the mod, and redo a good solid version, instead of ust patches and recompiles. (NOT that those efforts havent been appreciated. ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 3:31 AM, Stone Blue said:

Excellent!
I've been going thru all my copies of .zips of ALL the various Telemachus versions thru the years, by many different devs and peeps who have recompiled it. All the "addons" as well...

Hoping to somehow integrate the best aspects of each version/addition of features that people have added/fixed over the years, as well as to poke around and see what addons may still be viable for 1.4.5 or newer KSP releases... I love them all, and would hate to see Telemachus die off, or be so fragmented, with everyone having their own different "versions".

I really wish someone would step forward and take a good hard look at the mod, and redo a good solid version, instead of ust patches and recompiles. (NOT that those efforts havent been appreciated. ;)

I want to create mix of Telemachus/kRPC. Currently I am working on Kerbs (HTTP Server for Ksp). It Will work like a usual HTTP Server without API. Instead of Using glitchy Telemachus API, people Will be able to use bundle of kRPC(API) and Kerbs(HTTP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.