Stock Community Space Program [New Thread by Scientia]

DMSP

OK I have forwarded the save to @DMSP. A full report with pictures will come later today, suffice to say that:

• Unity's monopropellant and ore reserves have been topped up by UTV-1 "Pierre Bordage";
  • Gateway has received the addition of the ACTV-1 "Iain M. Banks" as lifeboat; in case of emergency, there should now be enough seats to evacuate everyone on board; 
  • Aster, a service/monopropellant module, has been added to Lookdown, greatly expanding its monopropellant reserves.

Also, I noticed after docking the ACTV that Gateway now comprises one transfer craft from each of the great players largest space agencies: a "Soyouz/Progress" (Roscosmos), a "Dragon" (NASA/SpaceX) and an "ATV" (ESA). Totally unplanned, but quite cool!

Edited by valens
spelling

52 minutes ago, valens said:

OK I have forwarded the save to @DMSP. A full report with pictures will come later today, suffice to say that:

• Unity's monopropelland and ore reserves have been topped up by UTV-1 "Pierre Bordage";
  • Gateway has received the addition of the ACTV-1 "Iain M. Banks" as lifeboat; in case of emergency, there should now be enough seats to evacuate everyone on board; 
  • Aster, a service/monopropellant module, has been added to Lookdown, greatly expanding its monopropellant reserves.

Also, I noticed after docking the ACTV that Gateway now comprises one transfer craft from each of the great players: a "Soyouz" (Roscosmos), a "Dragon" (NASA/SpaceX) and an "ATV" (ESA). Totally unplanned, but quite cool!

oh thanks. the dragon and the falcon 9 that went up to the gateway station was like the 9th version that i built so i really appreciate that u like it : D

to the upcoming players, plz update ksp to 1.2 asap because the save is now 1.2. if u dont, u will not be able to access the save unless we mannualy switch it back to 1.1.3. but still, the commnet network is up already. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

oh thanks. the dragon and the falcon 9 that went up to the gateway station was like the 9th version that i built so i really appreciate that u like it : D

Well I don't really understand why you built it with this internal cargo bay... Anyway I think it's a nice nod to the real-life ISS that these crafts were inspired by the different, real-life crafts. Now we're only missing H-II and Cygnus clones.

20 minutes ago, valens said:

Well I don't really understand why you built it with this internal cargo bay... Anyway I think it's a nice nod to the real-life ISS that these crafts were inspired by the different, real-life crafts. Now we're only missing H-II and Cygnus clones.

well, good luck to future players wjth the cygnus clones:D 

i made the internal cargo bay so it is as relistic as possible. there is an pressurised and unpressurised cargo section in the dragon and im pretty sure the unpressurised cargo gets stored in the trunk of the dragon. so that is what the empty trunk is for. there was an little probe inside but i accedently let it float off. when i got back to it it ran out of elecgric charge and that was the end of that.

12 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Put me down sometime in the next month or so, I'm in no hurry. Try to avoid this month though, my computer might be undergoing maintenance then.

october is full. u might get a run on the save next month or so.

@DMSP do you think duna rover is a good idea for my next turn.also may i have a turn on the november list?? also plz try to put me on the weekends plz. thx. ons question, if you are on an interplanetary mission, may you go past 30 ksp days??

On October 18, 2016 at 1:21 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Did my turn come and go already?! pls no

EDIT: looks like it did. I forfeit my turn for now.

Sorry about that. I'll shoot you a PM on what to do.

51 minutes ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

october is full. u might get a run on the save next month or so.

@DMSP do you think duna rover is a good idea for my next turn.also may i have a turn on the november list?? also plz try to put me on the weekends plz. thx. ons question, if you are on an interplanetary mission, may you go past 30 ksp days??

No, there's going to be specific details on that coming up.

Another thing, you're going to have to Pm me in late October if you want to be on the November list.

2 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Can I design a space station module for Lockdown? I am terrible at docking though so if someone else could launch it i would like that. My proposal is a Orbital Refueling Module.

If you design it I'll happily launch and dock it.

All right, @Chiron0224, here it is. The lifter slightly sucks and might be overpowered, but before you judge me, I have not played Stock KSP in a while. I have mostly been playing RSS and R.O because they actually give me challenge. Here is the link to the .craft. You are welcome to change the lifter in any way and send it back. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0sOm99yOiXaFc0MkZSSkJ3MDQ/view?usp=sharing

OK, here's the report. The full album is on imgur, highlights are presented here.

The first flight I launched included two LKO crafts: an UTV charged with supplies for Unity station and an ACTV to act as a lifeboat for Gateway station, as I noticed earlier that there were more kerbals than seats in case of emergency (to this day this is still the case). The two crafts were put to orbit by my own Herakles-R partially reusable launcher. For those interested, the UTV and ACTV are available on KerbalX. 

onvEkRM.png

Both crafts are sturdy and well-equipped, the ACTV was docked to Gateway's central node and the UTV filled Unity's monopropellant and ore tanks. The latter can be processed to monopropellant, liquid fuel or oxidizer when needed with Unity's ISRU module.

eTJgJxR.png

eMdpqR3.png

The UTV was then de-orbited and met its final fate in a lake (except for the solar panels, which lighted up ca 33 km higher).

The second flight delivered a comm/service/monopropellant/docking node module named Aster to Lookdown station. This additions bring large monopropellant storage (>2000) capabilities to Lookdown, be it for station manoeuvering or lander refueling. 

vfzzcim.png

kOEQIUJ.png

Of course, the lifters and intermediate stage were either recovered or destroyed.

Lp22C94.png

For lack of time, I cancelled a SSTO flight with two mapping probes which would have gone to Minmus and the Mün.

Now on the next ones, Godspeed!

[Edit:] One last note I forgot to mention: some of the mods I used for efficiency and all-around visuals: MechJeb, Docking Ports Alignment Indicator, Action Group Extended, Environmental Visual Enhancements (without the cities lights) and Poodmund's Calm Nebula skybox (requires TextureReplacer). So although the crafts are very strictly stock, the game is not. 

Edited by valens
mods list

@valens, that is a very nice mission. Glad it went well.

Since it's my turn in t-3 days, i've been working on my modules.

FHKYMY7.png

This is a compact miner destined for minmus. With its crew compliment of one pilot and 8 engineers, it can produce up to 40 tons of fuel per day, and carry over 100 tons to orbit. And it's only 35 parts. Took a lot of work to balance while keeping the part count this low. Still need a name for it.

Also, i've been thinking of adding a ring to Unity station:

D4KOoJY.png

It's 19 parts, but i'll just remove my space tug module from Unity, so the part count stays about the same.

6 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

lol can't wait for November, though I have to continue work on the n1 before it can go to Duna. I'm preparing a lander to dock with Lookdown station.

I am quite curious to see the N1 in action.

8 hours ago, valens said:

I am quite curious to see the N1 in action.

If you check back two pages you'll see my post on it. Its not the best but with some guidance mods like gravity turn and more fuel, maybe a mission to interplanetary space will be doable.

On 21/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, Scientia1423 said:

If you check back two pages you'll see my post on it. Its not the best but with some guidance mods like gravity turn and more fuel, maybe a mission to interplanetary space will be doable.

Indeed. Apparently, my silly self skipped it a few weeks ago...

3 hours ago, valens said:

Indeed. Apparently, my silly self skipped it a few weeks ago...

Yeah it's not really the best considering I've never built anything this massive and its over 200 parts in the vab so this is something new for me. The problem with large rockets is that they tend to tip too far when performing a gravity turn and I can't recover it as its too heavy, so I just burn straight then circularise.

On 10/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, valens said:

For the sake of planification, what is the date in SCSP? (cc transfer windows to other planets).

Also, here's a proposition for a SCSP logo/flag. Do we have any color code or palette associated with SCSP? I'm not entirely convinced by the color choices. 

MphaBCy.png

[edit: added shadows & larger text, darker arms]

I think I might just be a complete idiot but how on Kerbin do I put that image into my signature on here?

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by Chiron0224
figured out what I was trying to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.