Reinstalling KSP 1.1.3, no cloud mods ?

Francois424

Hey all, it's been a while since I've bothered installing cloud mods in KSP, a very long while.

I've tried Scatterer and EVE, no clouds.  EnvironmentalVisualEnhancement has SOMETIMES a tiny weeny cloud here and there, but nothing like what I want.  In the past planets would be covered in clouds (and Kerbin would have way more).
Maybe it's just a settings or a patch I have to download to make clouds appear in sufficient numbers again. 

Here's an example of what I am looking for : https://youtu.be/SEvziceJXMM?t=1m46s (up to 2m24 sec).  Eve used to be like that too.
If anyone managed to get something the likes working (with OPM too for bonus points) or know what to modify in which file to make it work, please let me know.

Edited by Francois424

Okay, thanks...  sad news.

Going to try a few things, almost finished turning Duna's cloud rusty-red.  Then will look into SVE.
Really is too bad that EVE is a shadow of what it once was.

EDIT: Thanks a lot for the recommendation, it works really well, and the sandstorm/hurricane on the specific planets/moons are awesome. 
Now all that is missing is an OPM configuration to remake Tekto the jewel it once was (green+orange layer of clouds)... I want that so much

Edited by Francois424

SVE has so many cloud layers my GPU attempts to die flying through the volumetric cloud areas ( EVE is about the only KSP thing which stresses a GPU ) - might want to remove one of them.

Still fluffy though:

Spoiler

28532456552_e74e7779b9_b.jpg

I noticed a thread about someone updating Astronomer's stuff to latest EVE, but I didn't go inside to check what's really going on.

Edited by Van Disaster

1 hour ago, qromodynmc said:

To be honest im not that happy with cloud mods, they are mostly too dense and kill my gpu. Wish i knew something about modding.

I'm actually quite happy with cloud mods for exactly the same reasons.

Clouds would kill my GPU, so if there was clouds in stock I could just pray that they would be optional.

But since there are cloud mods (for those with a GPU that can handle it) the pressure on Squad to make it stock is less :)

I can't seem to find any easy way to edit SVE to make clouds denser, but so far it seems okay on most worlds I've tested on.

Even Kerbin.  EVE is different and I think I preferred the old 0.9 version.  But the new one is still stunning.
As for Tekto, Galileo is going to have a crack at it in the next couple of days... he told me it shouldn't be a problem

Yeay ! :)

Edited by Francois424

On 8/22/2016 at 6:55 AM, Van Disaster said:

SVE has so many cloud layers my GPU attempts to die

Reveal hidden contents

28532456552_e74e7779b9_b.jpg

I noticed a thread about someone updating Astronomer's stuff to latest EVE.   

Kerbin only has one layer of volumetrics now to help with performance.  Also the person reviving Astronomer's pack is using SVE as a template.  Here's the thing though,  Even if you were to use the exact same textures as Astronomer's,  the game would have way worse performance than it did in the past due to how EVE's particle system works. Landing on Eve (the planet) with the old textures now would probably melt your CPU. I did my best to make sve as performance friendly as possible without sacrificing quality.  The heaviest part of SVE is scatterer.  Some find removing that drastically improves performance. I'm only saying this because I don't want anyone to deprive themselves of eye candy! 

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.