Kerbal Deluxe Development help

2 hours ago, Plink456 said:

The first texture I have done is this new one for Tyr Ba3QA1T.png This is how good my texture making and gimp skills are:P

Then perhaps you'd like to check out mine. Three links showing some of my best work. As for my Kopernicus skills...

And this is a gas giant texture I made in GIMP a few days ago.

On 31-8-2016 at 11:38 PM, Plink456 said:

Does anyone want to take over to mod for me or at least somewhat?

Just tell me if you want this mod and i'll try to responed.

I wouldn't mind giving you some help, heck, I wouldn't even mind taking over development completely.

Also, here are my finished calculations:

Kerbin values:
13599840256 m semi-major axis
9284.5 m/s orbit speed

Estimated orbital period Kerbin = 9203545,31493227 s
Estimated Kerbol mass = 17565667023632900000000000000 kg

230 years = 84007,5 days = 2016180 hours = 7258248000s

Estimated semimajor axis = 1160873522812,36m

So, I think it's 1160873522812,36. Try that and see if it works.

Edited by The White Guardian

2 minutes ago, Plink456 said:

thanks 

Nice textures

Thanks! But, eh... what about

13 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I wouldn't mind giving you some help, heck, I wouldn't even mind taking over development completely.

Do I need to take over? Make anything? Just say the word, but the sooner you choose the sooner I can act.

@Plink456 I do have something that could help you out: A tutorial!

http://imgur.com/gallery/P79Dq

(Yes, I used Imgur to make a tutorial. Deal with it:cool:)

Currently, I only have a tutorial for making regular rocky planets with no oceans. Worlds with liquids are almost the same, except with giant dark regions. I would like to make a tutorial about gas giants, but you seem to have a good grasp on how to make them. Just use the smudge tool on the edges of the belts to give it a gas-like texture.

Also, I hope your hard drive survives the development of Kerbal Deluxe.:sticktongue:

4 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Why is this in plugin development sub-forum? I see no plugin here? 

Kerbal Deluxe is a planet-adding plugin using Kopernicus, it's in the dev forum because it's literally a plugin in development. You're seeing no plugin here, because otherwise it'd be in plugin releases, no?

14 minutes ago, Plink456 said:

I'm going to qiut working on this mod because I can't make anymore progress. But hey planet making is just not my thing.

I'm just gonna say it again - dude, I'd be more than happy to help you with this! I, myself, am a planet-making expert, in fact, this is something I made recently. In fact, people can even commission me to make planet maps!

Mods that I've made or am maintaining:

Planet Cyran (Creator)

Arkas (Maintainer)

Gemeni (Maintainer)

Stock Planet Expansion (co-developer)

Does anyone know how to make good textures and I'm working on an early download thing so people can see my progress and see if they could help. Aslo since I can't make good textures so I was bored so I just started coding planets and decided to make Kerbal Duluxe:Interstellar. so yeah Both packs just need textures so I can make biomees and complete custom sceince defs and release both of them.

Edited by Plink456

Aright I'm currenty working on a planet nine like planet that's like a gas gaint the you can land on.

As you may guess it is just a rocky planet with a huge atmosphere.

When I'm done I work on basic texture and height maps so the planets get there only terrain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24-10-2016 at 1:07 AM, Plink456 said:

Can you make planets with out having the make textures because textures for all 134 planets would kill the mod.

Yes. Just don't add VertexHeightMap and VertexColorMap, and don't add the ScaledVersion node.

Just add VertexSimplexHeight and see what happens! Or, for an easier effect, make a planet that templates Eve, remove the PQS mod 'PQSMod_VertexHeightMap', and add the mod VertexHeightNoise, then check it out in-game. Don't add the ScaledVersion! Just leave it out!

The planet will look like Eve in scaledspace, but once you get closer you'll see that the terrain actually works. Then you just need KittopiaTech to export and obtain the textures so you can update scaledspace. This means you'll only need colormaps and normal maps, no height maps at all.

But, why would you add 134 planets anyway? Trust me, either the texture quality must be crappy, or every computer attempting to run this that isn't using some god-tier quad-core processor, lots of RAM and a priceless GPU will become slow as heck, meaning that nobody can enjoy this mod.

Best option would be to release several smaller 'packs' and let people choose themselves.

Also, no offense, but Tyr's map is making my eyes bleed. The sharp edges don't just defy various laws of physics, they are actually a bit painful to look at. Thus, consider this a little gift.

I've taken the liberty of converting it to a .dds image, and since Google doesn't support that filetype you can't see a preview there. Here's an image of what it looks like:

L23mnUV.png

The image is, of course, seamlessly tileable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.