Exoplanet Making Thread

The Raging Sandwich

2 hours ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

vSpKNY8.jpg

Hope you like it, I may just make all the planets you found! :)

KIC 7848638 b:

b3naCcP.jpg

Montu:

TwAxYBg.jpg

Sethlans:

0O2IGl6.jpg

Kupole:

ifxpA6Y.jpg

Vajra:

svLWpqb.jpg

Cool! Just a few things:

• Are you able to generate and/or export the color, height, and normal maps for the planets you made? I think they'll be great for my planet pack of that system.
  • Chantico (KIC 7848638 b) looks too colorful. That does sound odd, but I believe it will be more of a rusty-ish desert planet in real life.
  • Poor Montu, the least liked planet of the system, looks too much like Iapetus.
  • Did somebody deep-fry Vajra? (I may be able to edit a texture like that to be more green-ish)

If I come across to nitpicky, it's because I can't do Planet Maker on any of my computers. So I can't recreate the planets of the Koyash system myself. Bummer.

Otherwise, I really like the textures for Indra, Kupole, and Sethlans!

10 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Are you able to generate and/or export the color, height, and normal maps for the planets you made? I think they'll be great for my planet pack of that system.

I may be able to, but I don't know.

Chantico (KIC 7848638 b) looks too colorful. That does sound odd, but I believe it will be more of a rusty-ish desert planet in real life.

I'll try my best, but keep in mind that I'm colorblind and see colors more differently than everybody else. :)

Poor Montu, the least liked planet of the system, looks too much like Iapetus.

I did model it after Iapetus, but that's easy to change.

Did somebody deep-fry Vajra? (I may be able to edit a texture like that to be more green-ish)

I'll definitely be able to fix that for you.

Thanks for the input!

2 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I hope you like the new versions of Chantico and Montu, but there wasn't much I could do about Vajra without Indra appearing green as well. Tell me what you think!

f5O6uGs.jpg

Chantico ^

YBCMbl8.jpg

Montu ^

Amazing! But why was Vajra making Indra green when you tried to change the moon's color?

Just now, ProtoJeb21 said:

Amazing! But why was Vajra making Indra green when you tried to change the moon's color?

Really the only way to change the color of the planet is to change the color of the star making the planets that color. If I did that, the light from the star would make Indra look the same color as Vajra. :P

I could probably make Chantico higher in resolution, too.

7 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Really the only way to change the color of the planet is to change the color of the star making the planets that color. If I did that, the light from the star would make Indra look the same color as Vajra. :P

I could probably make Chantico higher in resolution, too.

Vajra still looks nice, even if it looks a bit too orange. Also, I think Chantico should be higher-res.

34 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

mv7PvUM.jpg

How's this?

16 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Here's the first two planets for the other solar system

Planet 1:

CZW8jyt.jpg

Planet 2: (Covered in thick clouds like Venus)

AH2BtKj.jpg

Whoohoooo! A bit of a low resolution problem with IPH-2b, but otherwise very cool. :) 

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.