Trivia: how far forward have you journeyed in UT time?

Hotel26

The UT time in my mainline "production" world reads Y10,D207,3:08:58.

Easy to beat.

I'm working on getting a mining colony established on every planetary system with a lo-grav target.  (Which is all of them)

What's your UT and what mainly has taken you this long to get this far from the starting point?

What are your happiest/proudest moments?

Are you a Time Juggler or a Time Warper?

How many flights in progress?

Edited by Hotel26
Additional question

Year 3 day 46, 9 flights in progress (including stations and bases, not counting kerbals that I haven't saved, yet).

Edit:

Working towards to Big Duna Day (at Y3D260) by testing stuff, adding free crew and generating more cash by petty gawker runs :wink:

Edited by Curveball Anders

19 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Always the toughest part of the game for me to deal with. Technically I could just time warp to my hearts content with my current way of playing careers, which is I don't have life-support installed, but I play by a set of 'rules' for off-world kerbals regardless. Guess you can put me in the juggling camp, overall I probably do more of that.

12Y 339D, 45 flights in progress none of which are debris.

Somewhere around Year One, Day Forty-Six.  Definitely juggling time, even though I don't have life support mods.  Just last night I had to take breaks from station construction to complete an orbit modification contract on a KEO satellite, transmit an orbital scan back to KSC, and check on my sun-diving probe.  My biggest moment to date is completing the docking ring on my largest Kerbin station yet.  My klaw tug and two micro tugs worked amazingly once I worked out some errors in un-packaging the ring components from their launcher.  I've come to think of those three as "Cat in the Hat" and his helpers "Thing One and Thing Two."  All three have Jr. and Std. docking ports for station component jockeying.  

34 flights in progress, 12 open contracts, and only a few pieces of debris in far-flung locations.  I could terminate them, but I can only rationalize that around Kerbin and Mun.  I've already proven that my Klaw Tug can de-orbit them and my Klaw Recovery Vehicle can bring them back in one piece.  The return on investment just isn't there to justify recovering every single piece in LKO, and it's not worth my time to ride a piece of (barely) suborbital debris through multiple orbits till it burns up.

Edited by HalcyonSon

I think a better question is HOW LITTLE time has passed.

I'm on Y3 day 298 (k time) on a game a started when 1.05 came out. I've cleared the tech tree, landed on Eve and Duna,  have massive ISRU on Minmus and am in the planning stages of Grand Tour and interplanetary colonization missions.

/100 concurrent flights

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

In my three campaigns so far, I don't think I've gotten past year 4.  (Usually they come out with a new version of KSP about the time I'm ready to start landing on other planets, and then I start all over again...)

I tend to be a 'juggler'.   Thank goodness for Kerbal Alarm Clock.

The time my game worlds last for usually varies by how far I'm travelling. If I'm limited to the stock system, my game's time counter generally lasts for several decades by the time I'm at the point where I've had at least one mission to everywhere. With Outer Planets it can sometimes accumulate centuries by the time I start sending multi-launch stations and bases across several transfer windows, but even then it's rare to take that long because the transfer windows occur almost once per year. I've actually constructed Duna bases that have taken longer to complete than some fairly exhaustive Sarnus missions. Lately though, since I've been documenting much of my exploration on the forums, I've also had less available time to play the game, so I haven't actually done missions of that scale to many places. Much of my playing time (since I've been focusing on aesthetically pleasing spacecraft) has also been spent designing and perfecting vehicles so that I don't always have to make new designs for every playthrough.

3 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

What's your UT and what mainly has taken you this long to get this far from the starting point?

I'm somewhere around 50 days.

What are your happiest/proudest moments?

Landing an entire moon base in one shot, then pushing it through several short suborbital hops to fulfill a contract for hat trick.

My first capable and efficient mining vehicle refining fast enough to actually see the fuel levels climbing.

The realization that, with 4.5M roots, I can start doing less contracts and more straight-out fun.

Time juggler, definitely.  Intercepts and re-entries seem to bunch up for reasons I can't explain, I'll be skipping from re-entry to landing to intercept on as many different craft in an hour.  Not as much lately.  I'm trying to break the habit and timewarp more, I've got a dozen fun and long-range contracts waiting.

How many flights in progress?

I've got screenfuls of missions, but only a few are manned:

• Space stations A/B/C:  Skylab-ish fuel repositories, organization points, and science facilities of various configuration.  Crewed by scientists and whoever happens to be passing through on the way out.
  • Munboat and Minbase:  Cylindrical, planetoid-landing science outposts crewed by scientists and pilots.
  • MinMaxer:  A nuke-powered Minmus-landing miner built for a mining and rescue contract simultaneously.  It has recovered the derelict and its crew, and is now busy making fuel for its return trip.
  • Canned Squid:  Nuke-powered training vehicle and tourist trap on its way to Solar orbit and back.  It carries a pilot, four tourists, and two training crew.

I've got scores of pointless satellites and a few more interesting unmanned missions:

• Asteroid 2:  A probe with a grabber and an astonishing amount of science instruments, aimed to intercept an asteroid 60 days from Kerbin impact and nudge it off course.
  • Canned Landers:  Mining vehicles with retrievable rovers.  Theoretically they can refuel themselves while the rover Does Stuff nearby, get it back and hop anywhere on mun.
  • Ichenumon:  A mining vehicle thought up when I first unlocked mining equipment.  Theoretically the mined fuel will power an ant engine to gently redirect an asteroid.  I realize now it's probably going to be underpowered.
  • Duna Flyby:  Enough said.  This one will be a long wait.

The rest of the clutter is satellites, failed missions, and the buzz of the little robot flying heatshields I do contracts with these days,

I'm on Y4 Day 288, and I started this save when 1.1 came out.

I have a pretty big station around Kerbin (About 100 tons) and a base on Minmus. I've sent probes and to Moho, Eve, Duna and Dres, with one on the way to Jool.

I have about 45 flights in progress. (28 of those are probes) And 68 debris :(

I am definitely a time juggler, and I tend to take things very slow. (Not a single Kerbal has left Kerbin's SOI yet, but that also has to do with the fact that I have USI LS)

Spoiler

Kerbin Orbital Station:

screenshot79.png?raw=true

Minmus Base (The coffin is to honor Tombart Kerman, who died of starvation a few kilometers from the site of the base and was the first Kerbal to step foot on another world):

screenshot57.png?raw=true

My reusable launcher called the Loki that can lift about 10 tons to LKO (I have a heavy version called the Thor that can lift 30 tons):

screenshot53.png?raw=true

Edited by WillThe84th

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.