Color filters for KSP

Hey guys, there was in idea in my mind for a long time, i decided to make a suggestion for it;

Color filters! As many of you know, similar engined game "Cities Skylines" has color filter option where you can select filters to apply, so i thought why ksp cant do that too? They both have same engine, Unity 5!

Imagine doing a moon landing mission with Black & White filter, or saturated flight in Laythe? Wouldnt it be pretty?.

Here are some screenshots to help your imagination;

by2bdZ.jpg

QQlMoy.jpg

Xdo4r3.jpg

MkyJ31.jpg

Soo, what do you think, worth to implement?

3 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Soo, what do you think, worth to implement?

Maybe, yes.  But not now.  Unless it's something built into Unity that they can knock out in an hour.  Cities is a Unity 5 game, but it also has a lot less problems than KSP.

Edited by Alshain

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Maybe, yes.  But not now.  Unless it's something built into Unity that they can knock out in an hour.  Cities is a Unity 5 game, but it also has a lot less problems than KSP.

Yeah mine is just an idea, it doesnt look very complex to build but i dont know very well.

Might be a cool thing if you couple it with the Historian mod.

BUT I also think if cameras ever make their way into the stock game they should totally have the ability to do that. 60-like photos, black and white, UV light only, infrared, x-ray and all those cool things that are being used in telescopes.

To be exact, im not suggesting this for just taking photos, for my taste ksp looks bit desaturated or lacking contrast, adding color filter or adjustable color option would help people with different monitors (especially laptops since they have little bad time with colors)

53 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Unfortunately, Unity3D doesn't have these colour filters built in, they are custom shaders that have to be either written by the devs or added from a 3rd party.

KSP is about rockets and little green aliens, instagram style filters are novel but aren't really part of the scope for the game, sorry.

Oh, i thought they were some postFX filters, sorry.

7 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Unfortunately, Unity3D doesn't have these colour filters built in, they are custom shaders that have to be either written by the devs or added from a 3rd party.

KSP is about rockets and little green aliens, instagram style filters are novel but aren't really part of the scope for the game, sorry.

I think the filters would save a lot of time constantly editing the graphics each update, and this is an easier way for that.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.