[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Wow thanks for the fast response! ^.^

As I said when I attempted to manually replace the file, I made sure to replace the Lifesupport.cfg at GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport, and not place it in the old location.

When I load my current save, or a new save, I somehow am getting the default resource rates.

And after I close KSP and check the contents of the LifeSupport.cfg file in my game folder to see if they were returned to the default rate, but they somehow they are indeed still the proper Realism Overhaul resource rates from the link on my last post. I also then Restarted KSP a few times after doing so and got the same results.

I reinstalled a fresh TAC as well as attempted the above twice just to be sure I wasn't crazy. Also tried manually replacing the text inside the cfg file instead, but no avail. Tested on both new and resumed saves.

Edited by Kreetcha
Clarity and details

22 minutes ago, Kreetcha said:

Wow thanks for the fast response! ^.^

As I said when I attempted to manually replace the file, I made sure to replace the Lifesupport.cfg at GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport, and not place it in the old location.

When I load my current save, or a new save, I somehow am getting the default resource rates. And after I close KSP and check the contents of the LifeSupport.cfg file, they somehow they are indeed the proper Realism Overhaul resource rates from the link on my last post.
I reinstalled a fresh TAC as well as attempted the above twice just to be sure I wasn't crazy. Also tried manually replacing the text inside the cfg file instead, but no avail. Tested on both new and resumed saves.

You're right. I done gone messed up, typo in the code - fat fingers.
No matter if you have a Cfg file in the right place TAC LS will not see it and use default values.
I'll fix it up today when I can - so look for an updated version.

Edited by JPLRepo

Hi, looking to start using this for the first time. Thanks so much for keeping it updated.

In the OP, it states:

It does not include support for growing food, but there are many mods which play well with TACLS to provide this functionality.

I believe this is not really true anymore.  It looks like SETI-Greenhouse and Munseeker Greenhouse are the only ones left, unless you go with the larger mods.  Are there still plans to include in this package, or are there any that I'm missing?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Gilph said:

It does not include support for growing food, but there are many mods which play well with TACLS to provide this functionality.

I believe this is not really true anymore.  It looks like SETI-Greenhouse and Munseeker Greenhouse are the only ones left, unless you go with the larger mods.  Are there still plans to include in this package, or are there any that I'm missing?

There's three mods that I know of that "create" food: BioMASS, Soylent, & Snacks!

Keep an eye on BioMASS & Soylent... Hopefully they will both be updated soon:

I know @BetaguyGZT and I have both heavily discussed, and planned on making sure support for TAC LS was continued for BioMASS...

If @DBowman continues active development of Soylent, we may consider looking at support of that mod as well...

Also, BetaGuy is/was considering the possibility of taking over Snacks!... If that happens, you can probably bet support for that mod would also be incorporated into BioMASS...

Edited by Stone Blue

@DBowman; @Stone Blue; Thanks very much...I completely missed Soylent.  But I do understand the challenges of keeping mods updated, and it looked like things like Biomass and may not continue. Will probably choose between SETI and Soylent, and see whether Munseeker will be supported.

Thanks again

Hello friends, me again. I think there is a problem involving ckan, realism overhaul and TAC. When trying to actualize appears a message saying "Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!". I tried uninstalling both mods and re-installing first the one and then the other, and otherwise, but still getting the same error. I guess I could install manually, but i have all my mods installed via ckan and would like to keep it that way if possible. Any solution? Thanks and best wishes!

9 minutes ago, Perringo said:

Hello friends, me again. I think there is a problem involving ckan, realism overhaul and TAC. When trying to actualize appears a message saying "Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!". I tried uninstalling both mods and re-installing first the one and then the other, and otherwise, but still getting the same error. I guess I could install manually, but i have all my mods installed via ckan and would like to keep it that way if possible. Any solution? Thanks and best wishes!

Hmm. There was a change made and there is a cfg file that RO overwrites (the TAC lifesupport.cfg) file. Which is what you want if you have TAC and RO installed. But that error is CKAN and not TAC or RO. It sounds like there is a restriction built into CKAN? Hoping @politas can shed some light? Also a heads up for @stratochief66

I am no expert but something is not working. Trying again deleting RO and TAC, re-installing RO and TAC as suggested mod, it seems to work but the mods installed seem to be out of date, inmediatly ckan suggest to install available upgrades, I do so and then the error appears. I hope this can help to solve this issue. Thank you for your awesome work!

Ah, now that's why we had the TACLS-StockConfig mod, so that CKAN wasn't trying to overwrite files. Back in May, we did this change:

Remove dependency for config file as it now uses CRP resources

Which should mean that the LifeSupport.cfg file isn't installed at all, but perhaps the filter for that file is broken.

Edited by politas

9 hours ago, politas said:

Ah, now that's why we had the TACLS-StockConfig mod, so that CKAN wasn't trying to overwrite files. Back in May, we did this change:

Remove dependency for config file as it now uses CRP resources

Which should mean that the LifeSupport.cfg file isn't installed at all, but perhaps the filter for that file is broken.

The last ckan metadata for TACLS has this snippet:

"install": [
    {
        "find": "GameData/ThunderAerospace",
        "install_to": "GameData",
        "filter_regexp": "PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport\\.cfg$"
    }
]

But the LifeSupport.cfg location has been move and the regexp doesn't match anymore. This means that, by installing the core plugin, the config file is installed as well and RO won't have any chance to overwrite it.
I don't know who should take care of it (if on the CKAN end or the mod end), but some refactor in the metadata is now needed for this mod.

Edited by MscG

24 minutes ago, MscG said:

The last ckan metadata for TACLS has this snippet:

"install": [
    {
        "find": "GameData/ThunderAerospace",
        "install_to": "GameData",
        "filter_regexp": "PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport\\.cfg$"
    }
]

But the LifeSupport.cfg location has been move and the regexp doesn't match anymore. This means that, by installing the core plugin, the config file is installed as well and RO won't have any chance to overwrite it.
I don't know who should take care of it (if on the CKAN end or the mod end), but some refactor in the metadata is now needed for this mod.

Well... CKAN metadata belongs to CKAN not the mod.
I am working on a fix to avoid the issue altogether once and for all. Unfortunately though, it's looking like users will lose their current settings when they re-install the next version. I have spoken to @politas and together with RO team will make the necessary changes to ensure it all works.
But that is unavoidable at this stage (due to the legacy code and the way it's been set up).
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/39

Edited by JPLRepo

12 minutes ago, MscG said:

The changes that @JPLRepois looking at on the RO side should fix it, and that broken filter can just be removed from the metadata. I'll need to do something to try to discourage users from installing TACLS-ROConfig, which will require changing all the previous ckans. I'll probably lock them to the specific RealismOverhaul version they match up to.

Hi All, In looking at the code for TAC LS I've noticed something about the Non-Lethal (hibernating) option that is available.
Essentially the mechanics work like this (from what I've been able to determine):

• You currently can only turn Hibernating option on/off by manually changing the config file. It seems this used to be an in-game option but was turned off.
  • Hibernation only works for food and water consumption. If the vessel runs out of O2 or EC they still die.
  • Hibernation remains in effect until food and water becomes available again on the vessel. The kerbals can still function as normal during this time.

I propose the following changes to this mechanic:

• Allow turning Hibernation on/off per save game via the Space Center TAC LS window. Any kerbals already hibernating when you do so will continue hibernating until food and water is restored to the vessel (or it's recovered). As soon as you turn it off though, any vessel that runs out of food or water kerbals die.
  • When kerbals are hibernating change them into tourists so they cannot function as normal crew. Once food/water is restored they become fully functional crew again (or you recover the vessel).

Thoughts? Input?

CKAN updated to a newer version overnight and now I am getting this message:

Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Too many mods provide TACLS-Config:
TACLS-Config-RealismOverhaul v11.3.2
* TACLS-Config-Stock v0.12.4

Please fix this. Thank you.

Hmmm after uninstalling and reinstalling the addon I was able to select TACLS-Config-Stock v0.12.4. I shouldn't have any problems now.

Edited by jason3609

14 minutes ago, jason3609 said:

Hmmm after uninstalling and reinstalling the addon I was able to select TACLS-Config-Stock v0.12.4. I shouldn't have any problems now.

You have the wrong thread my friend. That is a CKAN error not a TAC LS error. thanks.

22 hours ago, jason3609 said:

Uninstall TACLS using CKAN, than refresh the list and re-install it. It worked for me.

Now that KSP 1.2 Prerelease is out, PLEASE do not expect mods to be updated quickly.  
Prerelease is for the purpose of further debugging, and gives us modders an opportunity to see the new code and work with it.  
Since prerelease is typically a moving target, I will not be releasing any "official" release of my mods until KSP goes Full 1.2 Release itself.
Sorry to disappoint you all, but I do not have the free time to be continually updating and releasing while 1.2 is still a moving target.

I don't suppose you have available somewhere a short-short version of what a parts maker needs to throw into their parts to make them TAC-LS compatible? If not, I'll just read through the stuff meant for players and figure it out, of course. It's just that I have requests to add support for a handful of different mods, and going through full tutorials on them ALL ends up taking a lot of time >.<

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.