Jump to content

[1.11.x] TAC - Life Support v0.17.0 - Release 29th Dec 2020


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Eugene Moreau said:

Similar problem with me.  All of a sudden all my scientists on my station died from Oxygen toxicity, even though there was plenty of oxygen and plenty of room for CO2 to be stored.  The pilot in the copula was ok, but the scientists in the TH-NKR research lab kicked the bucket.  

 

Player Log ->  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0sdxj5fzje32ta/TACPlayerLog.zip?dl=0

 

Oxygen toxicity refers to not having enough EC to scrub it. The CO2 storage is just what you're saving for recycling.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing a "new" game that includes RO 11.5.1, RP-0 0.54 and RSS 12.0.0.  That means I'm also playing KSP 1.2.2 and using all the 1.2.2 approved required/recommended (and a lot of suggested) mods for those.  That includes TACLS v0.13.0.  I've just recently got my play through up to the Gemini era.  I've launched a number of Mercury style capsules, a few Vostok and Voskhod style capsules, and even a Gemini style, all without issue.  But in all these cases, I stayed focused on the capsule from launch to splash down.  And in all these cases, the TACLS worked exactly as expected.  However, now I'm running a more complicated mission.  I'm recreating the Gemini 7 and Gemini 6A rendezvous which means I can't stay focused on a single capsule for the duration of the flight.  On top of that, for this particular flight I also happen to have an unmanned probe heading to Mars which I needed to jump to for a course correction while both of my Gemini capsules were in orbit.  I stayed with the Mars probe for a game day which means both Gemini capsules (if their generators were off) would be out of O2 and have too much CO2.  In the past (prior to KSP 1.2.2) this wasn't ever an issue.  While life support wasn't tracked for "inactive" craft, it would "catch up" as soon as you made a vessel active again based on the MaxDeltaTime setting.  But that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.  Even though both of my Gemini capsules have their air filter, fuel cell and oxygen generator running, when I switch to one of them, the occupants die.  Watching the resources closes, it seems like the usage gets "caught up" but the generators don't "catch up" with what they should have produced in the time I wasn't focused on the craft.  Have I installed something incorrectly (I did use CKAN to install TACLS for this play through) or does v 0.13.0 no longer have generators catch up?

 

 

EDIT: I just noticed from the release notes that this version TACLS didn't process resources for unloaded vessels until v 0.13.1 which was designed for KSP 1.3.  That explains why I'm having issues with life support in my KSP 1.2.2 RO/RP-0/RSS game.  Can I used TACLS 0.13.1 (or better yet, 0.13.5) with KSP 1.2.2?  Or am I basically stuck disabling life support in my current game until RO gets updated for KSP 1.3?

Edited by chrisl
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this simple planner for TAC LS in excel. This spreadsheet calculates based on the crew size and day duratio .

Spoiler

The day length is selected by typing Earth or Kerbin in the cell E2, for other scenarios just insert the day duration in seconds in the cell E3.

  1. Time based on available resources amount without recyclers;
  2. Time based on available resources amount with recyclers;
  3. Resources needed for a given mission duration with or without recyclers;
  4. For moders: It generates the text for the cfg config based on item 3. I has a simple version on column M (to be added manually to the part's cfg) and a Module Manager version on column N.

it also calculates the mass reduction due to recycling (so you can check if it's better to use recyclers or not).

Google drive link - Excel version

Google drive link - Google sheets version

mqy1s8Q.png

 

Edited by Marcelo Silveira
add link to Google sheets version
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisl said:

I'm playing a "new" game that includes RO 11.5.1, RP-0 0.54 and RSS 12.0.0.  That means I'm also playing KSP 1.2.2 and using all the 1.2.2 approved required/recommended (and a lot of suggested) mods for those.  That includes TACLS v0.13.0.  I've just recently got my play through up to the Gemini era.  I've launched a number of Mercury style capsules, a few Vostok and Voskhod style capsules, and even a Gemini style, all without issue.  But in all these cases, I stayed focused on the capsule from launch to splash down.  And in all these cases, the TACLS worked exactly as expected.  However, now I'm running a more complicated mission.  I'm recreating the Gemini 7 and Gemini 6A rendezvous which means I can't stay focused on a single capsule for the duration of the flight.  On top of that, for this particular flight I also happen to have an unmanned probe heading to Mars which I needed to jump to for a course correction while both of my Gemini capsules were in orbit.  I stayed with the Mars probe for a game day which means both Gemini capsules (if their generators were off) would be out of O2 and have too much CO2.  In the past (prior to KSP 1.2.2) this wasn't ever an issue.  While life support wasn't tracked for "inactive" craft, it would "catch up" as soon as you made a vessel active again based on the MaxDeltaTime setting.  But that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.  Even though both of my Gemini capsules have their air filter, fuel cell and oxygen generator running, when I switch to one of them, the occupants die.  Watching the resources closes, it seems like the usage gets "caught up" but the generators don't "catch up" with what they should have produced in the time I wasn't focused on the craft.  Have I installed something incorrectly (I did use CKAN to install TACLS for this play through) or does v 0.13.0 no longer have generators catch up?

 

 

EDIT: I just noticed from the release notes that this version TACLS didn't process resources for unloaded vessels until v 0.13.1 which was designed for KSP 1.3.  That explains why I'm having issues with life support in my KSP 1.2.2 RO/RP-0/RSS game.  Can I used TACLS 0.13.1 (or better yet, 0.13.5) with KSP 1.2.2?  Or am I basically stuck disabling life support in my current game until RO gets updated for KSP 1.3?

No. You can't. Yes you are stuck on that version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

The TAC LS Wiki has the original worksheets for how it works in google sheets here:

Which is good information, but doesn't have the same functions as Marcelo's.  (And I lack the math/spreadsheet skills to create one.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

Which is good information, but doesn't have the same functions as Marcelo's.  (And I lack the math/spreadsheet skills to create one.)

You could just open it with openoffice.
But anyway here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11yWw1sY88wcjB36EpSSpaSW6HCQ-0YYfg83KR4QIxYY/edit?usp=sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this "normal" or a bug?

It's a lunar mission with a command module and a lander, in which I don't have a docking port and instead will use EVA to move a crew member from the command module to the lander.

The lander has room for 5.85 Food in it and the command module has 200 food in it.  I notice the lander is nearly out of food, at 0.48 Food left.  (Nobody had been in it yet, so it was sucking food out of the lander to feed people in the command module). So I do a resource transfer to move food into the lander, topping it off at 5.85 food for its one inhabitant it will have.

Then I EVA someone from the command module to the lander.

The instant that person enters the lander, *poof*, the lander is magically back to 0.48 food again, and something has moved that food back into the command module again.

When I did the food transfer again the second time, after the person was EVA'd into it, *then* it stayed transferred.  But the act of doing the EVA moved it, and *not* in the direction one would expect if it was just a case of the EVA kerbal "taking some food with them".  It was in the opposite of that direction.  It moved from the *destination* capsule the Kerbal *got into after the EVA* to the source capsule the Kerbal came from at the start of the EVA.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Is this "normal" or a bug?

It's a lunar mission with a command module and a lander, in which I don't have a docking port and instead will use EVA to move a crew member from the command module to the lander.

The lander has room for 5.85 Food in it and the command module has 200 food in it.  I notice the lander is nearly out of food, at 0.48 Food left.  (Nobody had been in it yet, so it was sucking food out of the lander to feed people in the command module). So I do a resource transfer to move food into the lander, topping it off at 5.85 food for its one inhabitant it will have.

Then I EVA someone from the command module to the lander.

The instant that person enters the lander, *poof*, the lander is magically back to 0.48 food again, and something has moved that food back into the command module again.

When I did the food transfer again the second time, after the person was EVA'd into it, *then* it stayed transferred.  But the act of doing the EVA moved it, and *not* in the direction one would expect if it was just a case of the EVA kerbal "taking some food with them".  It was in the opposite of that direction.  It moved from the *destination* capsule the Kerbal *got into after the EVA* to the source capsule the Kerbal came from at the start of the EVA.

 

I'll look into it but I believe this is a stock behavour for how taking resources from a vessel works.
TAC LS doesn't specifically take and put resources into the part they were exiting or entering. Rather it's done a vessel level.
The point I want to clarify though - no resources actually went missing yes?

2 hours ago, Lightsworn said:

When I create a new game there is an opition to choose either I want TAC LS working on that save or not. And I chose not to on one of my saves. But now I want it working... so how do I activate it?

Load the save from the main menu. At the KSC press escape and go into settings. then Go into the difficulty settings at the top.
Select TACLS tab/button and turn it on. Then exit out from the save to the main menu to save the setting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I'll look into it but I believe this is a stock behavour for how taking resources from a vessel works.
TAC LS doesn't specifically take and put resources into the part they were exiting or entering. Rather it's done a vessel level.
The point I want to clarify though - no resources actually went missing yes?

Nothing went missing, although I did have to revert a save because the person in the lander would have run out of food (which feels cheaty, but in this case it felt justified because it felt like the game cheated by creating an un-commanded move of resources without informing me).

To be clear, there was a decoupler between the parts which had crossfeed disabled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this issue where when I transfer crew between parts the life support window warns me that other vessels are running low on supplies. It shows me there are more crew on those vessels than there are. Once reload or switch vessel its all fine and there was no wrong consumption on the vessel. I have 140 mods installed and dont want any effort been put into this minor issue but it would be nice to know if it is just my install or if this issue is common. Nice mod btw and thanks :) game version is 1.2.2

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave1904 said:

I have this issue where when I transfer crew between parts the life support window warns me that other vessels are running low on supplies. It shows me there are more crew on those vessels than there are. Once reload or switch vessel its all fine and there was no wrong consumption on the vessel. I have 140 mods installed and dont want any effort been put into this minor issue but it would be nice to know if it is just my install or if this issue is common. Nice mod btw and thanks :) game version is 1.2.2

Sorry, but don't support old versions. Could just be a problem with that version...

Link to post
Share on other sites

So i have the latest version of tac from github, and with the bundled background resources i get 1 sec pauses every 6 seconds, however ec dosent update on non loaded ships during timewarp, even with stock panels and rtg's (most of my stuff is NF and thats broken too). And when you take out background resources it just sets to minus 17 years and stays ther, even when you load every vessel and use hyperedit to up the ec (which looks full on the ship)

So what else do you need, which logs and do you need a video of the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to report that I am having an issue with the latest version.  I can run the game fine but I do not get the TAC Life Support icon on the toolbar in any scene.  It was working fine in .13.2 but I was having the same issue with the dev version (.13.4dev).  When I check any of the command pods in the VAB they show the TAC resources (Oxygen, Water, etc) and all of the TAC Life Support equipment is available in the equipment lists.

To install .13.5 I deleted the existing "CommunityCategoryKit", "CommunityResourcePack", "REPOSoftTech" and "ThunderAerospace" directories from "GameData" and then copied over fresh the same four directories from the "TacLifeSupport-0.13.5.0.zip" download.

I am running 64-bit KSP (the most recent version) and have ModuleManager.2.8.1 installed.

Here is the DropBox link to the Output log:  Output.log

If I un-install .13.5 and replace it with .13.2 the icon returns.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThirdHorseman said:

Just want to report that I am having an issue with the latest version.  I can run the game fine but I do not get the TAC Life Support icon on the toolbar in any scene.  It was working fine in .13.2 but I was having the same issue with the dev version (.13.4dev).  When I check any of the command pods in the VAB they show the TAC resources (Oxygen, Water, etc) and all of the TAC Life Support equipment is available in the equipment lists.

To install .13.5 I deleted the existing "CommunityCategoryKit", "CommunityResourcePack", "REPOSoftTech" and "ThunderAerospace" directories from "GameData" and then copied over fresh the same four directories from the "TacLifeSupport-0.13.5.0.zip" download.

I am running 64-bit KSP (the most recent version) and have ModuleManager.2.8.1 installed.

Here is the DropBox link to the Output log:  Output.log

If I un-install .13.5 and replace it with .13.2 the icon returns.

Thanks for any help you can give!

i had that problem but i thought i may have been getting a wrong version, try from here and only replace tac and repo directories.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/releases

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

i had that problem but i thought i may have been getting a wrong version, try from here and only replace tac and repo directories.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/releases

That worked like a charm, thanks!  I was pretty sure I had already downloaded it from github but maybe there was something wrong with the download.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThirdHorseman said:

That worked like a charm, thanks!  I was pretty sure I had already downloaded it from github but maybe there was something wrong with the download.

i had that same problem, i think i downloaded the source without a compiled DLL, but bugger me if i know how i managed it! Glad i could help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 3:03 PM, Space Kadet said:

So i have the latest version of tac from github, and with the bundled background resources i get 1 sec pauses every 6 seconds, however ec dosent update on non loaded ships during timewarp, even with stock panels and rtg's (most of my stuff is NF and thats broken too). And when you take out background resources it just sets to minus 17 years and stays ther, even when you load every vessel and use hyperedit to up the ec (which looks full on the ship)

So what else do you need, which logs and do you need a video of the problem?

Logs please as per OP.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:44 AM, Nashtoitsa said:

I love the challenge on this mod.  However after installing ver. 13.5, my "Rescue Kerbals" are still kicking the bucket when I approach them.  I may know the reason way.  KSP is placing the Kerbal in a TAC supported module (MK1 Crew Cabin/K&K Corridor Airlock) but the module has no supplies of its own so they die.  I can not get to him fast enough to EVA so he can use the suit.  Is my thought process correct?  Is there anything that can be done to fix this so that KSP will put them in a EVA Suit or in a module that has its own supplies.

How did you install?
TAC LS places resources into rescue vessels. so I don't understand how that is possible.

Logs please as per OP.

 

On 8/18/2017 at 2:15 AM, Steven Mading said:

Nothing went missing, although I did have to revert a save because the person in the lander would have run out of food (which feels cheaty, but in this case it felt justified because it felt like the game cheated by creating an un-commanded move of resources without informing me).

To be clear, there was a decoupler between the parts which had crossfeed disabled. 

Right. Yeah I don't think TAC LS is respecting crossfeed for resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Right. Yeah I don't think TAC LS is respecting crossfeed for resources.

Yes, I agree something is up with the crossfeed. I couldn't transfer water from one part to another for quite a while. Everything else worked like normal (fuel, food, CO2, waste water, etc.). Your response gave me the idea to shut off the 'resource transfer obeys crossfeed rules' setting in the main menu. Worked fine after that (don't know why I didn't think of it before!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...