[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

ive installed v0.13.13 and it seems to be working correctly except the displays list a Kerbin day as 7hrs long when I have my day length set to 8hrs through kronometer.  I dont seem to have any errors in the console or KSP.log file

7 hours ago, macc92 said:

ive installed v0.13.13 and it seems to be working correctly except the displays list a Kerbin day as 7hrs long when I have my day length set to 8hrs through kronometer.  I dont seem to have any errors in the console or KSP.log file

Would you mind to post the MM patch you've used to configure kronometer? I just tried it on my own and it works perfectly fine.

I've tested it with a stack of 8 mk1 command pods, which results in a food reserve for 24 days without kronometer (6hours day length) and the same stack will carry enough food for 18 days after setting the day length to 8hours, which is exactly the expected result.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Would you mind to post the MM patch you've used to configure kronometer? I just tried it on my own and it works perfectly fine.

I've tested it with a stack of 8 mk1 command pods, which results in a food reserve for 24 days without kronometer (6hours day length) and the same stack will carry enough food for 18 days after setting the day length to 8hours, which is exactly the expected result.

I havent used a MM patch, the day length was set to 8hrs through 2.5x RESCALE! mod and I used kronometer to set the clock to show the 8hr days. The only change I have done personally is change the day length from the 7.5hr it comes with to 8 and that was in the rescale .cfg file

stacking 8 mk1 command pods for me gives 20days 4hrs of food, I also have no ability to switch to either 6hr/24hr readouts

Edited by macc92

19 minutes ago, macc92 said:

I havent used a MM patch, the day length was set to 8hrs through 2.5x RESCALE! mod and I used kronometer to set the clock to show the 8hr days. The only change I have done personally is change the day length from the 7.5hr it comes with to 8 and that was in the rescale .cfg file

Ok, but still we need to know how exactly did you do that, otherwise we have to guess for the next three days. Did you edit the "Settings.cfg" of Kronometer or the config which comes with the rescale mod?

You probably just edited the value for the days but forgot to set "useHomeDay" to false. I actually don't know why the config of rescale contains values for the day and year length, it's not functional while "useHomeDay" and "useHomeYear" are set to true.

1 hour ago, macc92 said:

I also have no ability to switch to either 6hr/24hr readouts

Well, that's kinda expected while kronometer is installed since it overwrites the KSP clock, so even when you change the KSP settings to display "earth time", kronometer will change it to the custom clock settings.

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Ok, but still we need to know how exactly did you do that, otherwise we have to guess for the next three days. Did you edit the "Settings.cfg" of Kronometer or the config which comes with the rescale mod?

You probably just edited the value for the days but forgot to set "useHomeDay" to false. I actually don't know why the config of rescale contains values for the day and year length, it's not functional while "useHomeDay" and "useHomeYear" are set to true.

I changed the @dayLengthMultiplier in 2.5xKSP.cfg from 1.25 to 1.333.. and the Kronometer useHomeDay was set to false since I downloaded it

2 hours ago, macc92 said:

I changed the @dayLengthMultiplier in 2.5xKSP.cfg from 1.25 to 1.333.. and the Kronometer useHomeDay was set to false since I downloaded it

Ok, even this works for me (the 2.5xKSP.cfg contains a MM patch for kronometer to set "useHomeDay" to true, so kronometer adjust automatically to the new daylength). Not exactly 8hours but 7h58m though. Well, my KSC was buried in the ground but that's a different issue :D
Would you mind to upload a log file and your ModuleManager.ConfigCache please?

If you don't know where to find the log, take a look at this post, it contains the log file location for each operating system (for KSP 1.4.+ on windows system, it's the third path).
The ModuleManager.ConfigCache is located in your GameData directory.

Please upload the files to a filehoster or cloud service like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc... and share a download link for it :)

2 hours ago, macc92 said:

Hm...I'm a bit puzzled here. The configs are fine, nothing exceptional in the log.

But I've noticed two things anyway:

1) I made a mistake :/ My "test craft" actually got 7 mk1 pods, not 8. 8 pods actually sum up to 20d and 4h like you said.

2) there seem to be some inaccuracy when using "useHomeDay" in this case. For example: The calulations are on point when using 7 pods (I choose this number to get an easy way to double check it manually).

7 pods in stock = food for 144h, divided by 6h per day = 24 days
7 pods in rescale = food for 144h, divided by 8h per day = 18 days

But for some reason, it doesn't work for a single pod. The TAC LS ingame helper calculates 2 days and 4 hours in this case, but it need to be 2 days and 2 hours. After setting the day length in kronometer to 28800 seconds (that's 8 hours), it works perfectly fine though.

Try to run this patch:

@Kronometer:FINAL
{
	@useHomeDay = false
	@useHomeYear = true
	@useLeapYears = true

@CustomTime
    {
        @Day
        {
			%singular = Day
			%plural = Days
			%symbol = d
			%value = 28800
        }
    }
}

That should fix it for now :)

13 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Try to run this patch:

@Kronometer:FINAL
{
	@useHomeDay = false
	@useHomeYear = true
	@useLeapYears = true

@CustomTime
    {
        @Day
        {
			%singular = Day
			%plural = Days
			%symbol = d
			%value = 28800
        }
    }
}

That should fix it for now :)

Yep, it's running perfectly fine now, thanks for sorting this out :D

• 1 month later...

I am having a strange issue where only Val has monoprop when she goes on EVA. No other Kerbals bring along monoprop.

Is this possibly due to TAC?

Never mind. It was due to only partially unistalling kerbalism.

Edited by mikegarrison

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any information about when it is practical to use the water purifier and carbon extractor?

Some information I would be interested in is how many kerbals one can support, and also when it makes more sense to carry supplies vs bringing the recyclers. 

Edit: Do they work with time warp? Or should I put waste storage and switch to it every once and awhile.

Edited by bobisback

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to stop TAC from killing timewarp?

I currently have a kerbal who is stranded on Duna, he has plenty of supplies, but the EC situation is a little dicey.

The night lasts for just a little more EC than the craft has, but it recharges before he dies. Meaning that once every day, Tac is killing timewarp to tell me he's out of EC. I'm waiting for a transfer window to send a rescue craft, but it's going to get really tedious having to timewarp a day at a time.

I think turning off background processing will also stop him using supplies too? Which isn't really optimal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:21 PM, JPLRepo said:

I saw someone complaining in another thread, not in this one where they’d get help, about the TAC parts not showing up? Is anyone else having this issue with 1.8?

I had the game crash straight to desktop the first time I went to the VAB after installing this mod, but then on the second attempt it worked fine and I see all the parts in its own tab. Possibly related I suppose. 

Hey there. So, fresh install of this mod, using very few others, 1.8 ksp, new save.
The parts for this mod are not showing up at all, either in vab or sph. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, so far has not fixed it.

I am being presented with an incorrect installation notice upon launching the game, but cannot find clear installation instructions for it. Something about incorrect file pathing, being told by the notice that all items need to be located in 

KSP/GameData/Thunderaerospace/taclifesupport/plugins 

and to "not remove any files from this folder"
I haven't touched any files nor moved anything, and it appears to be working when I load the game (minus any parts being available, the ui at least is visible and useable)

• 2 weeks later...

My issue is when I launch, in the TAC window, it shows the vehicle in pre-launch and won't show the kerbal consuming oxy, food, etc. When I click on the kerbal viewer in the TAC window, the time the kerbal consumption was last reported in that window keeps climbing and it never tells me how many supplies there are, at what rate they are being consumed, etc. It only shows remaining power and it is a negative number of minutes that keeps climbing into the negatives (-3 min, - 4 min, etc). I made it into orbit and sped up for a while but consumption never seemed to kick in. 

The TAC window open while building works fine and shows how many supplies and expected consumption rates. 

Know of a general cause? 

Pictures HERE

Just tested with fresh new games still with all my mods and the problem persists. It is probably a bug with a mod but honestly if it isn't a simple fix, I'm not gonna play for a bit. Put 1000 hours into the game, this was just to be a project now but sad about the problem.

BUT it isn't your fault. I love the mod! Thanks for all the help.

Edited by Friend Bear
Added pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question, when time warping from anywhere but the station my batteries run out, they drain (as they should) but do not replenish as the station goes to the day time side of kerbin

QJMXPuU.png

(Station at max EC drain about to finish its night time pass)

iHiCads.jpg

(Station about to finish its day time pass from tracking station, didnt charge at all during pass)

0UvX8me.jpg

(The station I am speaking about with 1 of each part displayed)

Only non-stock part used in this station is the greenhouse from Stockalike Station Parts Redux, I've asked about this on their end and they'vew directed me here as possibly finding the answer

This is making time warping cumbersome and playing from anywhere but the station means I have to run back to the station and watch it pass the day side so it can recharge. If there's any info I can provide please let me know

Mod List:

Spoiler

HangerExtenderExtended
ToolbarController
DynamicBatteryStorage
KerbalEngineerRedux
MechJebForAll        
CommunityTechTree        
ModuleManager        
RealPlume-StockConfigs        
SmokeScreen        
ScienceAlert        
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR        
Scatterer        
Scatterer-config        
Scatterer-sunflare        
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements        
KSP-AVC        
SCANsat        
Toolbar        
ContractConfigurator        
StageRecovery        
WaypointManager        
DMagicOrbitalScience        
UniversalStorage2        
RealPlume        
MechJeb2        
CommunityResourcePack        
ReentryParticleEffect        
BetterTimeWarpCont        
DestructionEffects        
xScienceContinued        
CommunityCategoryKit        
InfernalRoboticsNext        
KerbalJointReinforcementNext        
NearFutureElectrical        
NearFutureElectrical-Core        
NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs        
NearFuturePropulsion        
NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs        
NearFutureSolar        
NearFutureSolar-Core    
B9PartSwitch        
ClickThroughBlocker        
NearFutureConstruction        
StationPartsExpansionRedux        
NearFutureProps        
EngineLightRelit        
QuickSearch        
ResearchBodies        
REPOSoftTech-Agencies        
BetterBurnTime        
BetterCrewAssignment        
CapCom        
Chatterer        
CommunityTerrainTexturePack        
ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch        
ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation        
ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech        
ContractConfigurator-Tourism        
ContractParser        
ContractsWindowPlus        
CustomBarnKit        
ProgressParser        
RemoteTech        
ScienceRelay        
SETI-ProbeControlEnabler        
SETI-RemoteTech        
TACLS        
UnmannedBeforeManned
BackgroundResources        
SETI-BalanceMod        
SETI-Contracts        
SETI-ProbeParts    
RealChute    
KerbalAlarmClock        
TriggerAu-Flags

AVP also installed, though not through CKAN

Edited by mcwaffles2003

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

sorry to bother you . I have a little problem with tac life support, when I instal I can run the game only the first time. the next times the game stops at the beginning of loading.

a small window opens, with a small kerbal character with an exclamation point and a small loading bar.

the window is named: Kerbal Space Program-Unity 2019.2.2f1_ab11 ...

I have a screenshot but I dont know how post it here...

if I delete the mod the game is working again.

can somebody help me ?
thanks

PS: 1.8.1 kerbal alarm klock ; community ressource pack ; background ressource; module manager ; with CKAN

Edited by jojo5144

7 hours ago, jojo5144 said:

Hello,

sorry to bother you . I have a little problem with tac life support, when I instal I can run the game only the first time. the next times the game stops at the beginning of loading.

a small window opens, with a small kerbal character with an exclamation point and a small loading bar.

the window is named: Kerbal Space Program-Unity 2019.2.2f1_ab11 ...

I have a screenshot but I dont know how post it here...

if I delete the mod the game is working again.

can somebody help me ?
thanks

PS: 1.8.1 kerbal alarm klock ; community ressource pack ; background ressource; module manager ; with CKAN

Please follow the instructions above and post a link to your logs in dropbox / gdrive / onedrive so that people can help you.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.