[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

7 hours ago, KerbalSofaProgram said:

This mod does add the quarter cylinder shaped air filters, water purifiers, etc., right? if so, i dont have access to them and i can provide any relevant information if needed. if not then... :ph34r: nvm

I believe you are referring to Kerbal Planetary Base System.  With TAC-LS installed, KPBS adds life support parts in it's own design shape to slot into the racks provided by the mod.

You might also be referring to Universal Storage/Universal Storage II.  In 1.25m rocket stacks it provides 1/4 cylinder sized parts for LS mods.

Edited by overkill13

On 11/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, overkill13 said:

I believe you are referring to Kerbal Planetary Base System.  With TAC-LS installed, KPBS adds life support parts in it's own design shape to slot into the racks provided by the mod.

You might also be referring to Universal Storage/Universal Storage II.  In 1.25m rocket stacks it provides 1/4 cylinder sized parts for LS mods.

thank you very much. ive been making a fool of myself posting on various mod forums thinking they were all the mod that contained the parts

On 11/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, overkill13 said:

thank you very much. ive been making a fool of myself posting on various mod forums thinking they were all the mod that contained the parts

On 11/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, KerbalSofaProgram said:

This mod does add the quarter cylinder shaped air filters, water purifiers, etc., right? if so, i dont have access to them and i can provide any relevant information if needed. if not then... :ph34r: nvm

Are you thinking of Universal Storage?

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Any option that disables kerbal deaths?(Like USI LS)

Have you checked the InGame settings? I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe there is just such an option available...

14 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

How does one create a near closed loop system - Im using Kerbal Planetary Base Systems.

Check the OP of that mod. After the Changelog there is a link to an online Spreadsheet with the numbers you need.

Hi,

Started using TAC LS in 1.5.1. I have a small issue with EC usage in background processing.

I have three space stations that use solar panels and a lander on the surface of Minmus that uses two Near Future MX-0 generators. During warp (never higher than 7), the stations update their EC usage nicely, but the lander never updates. I read that generators should also work in background. Is there a way you check for a generator part on a vessel to include in background processing? If so, I can look at the part config to see if it's compatible.'

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Hi,I im using this mod over 1 month.StockAlike Station Parts Expansion Greenhouses requires CO2 and water.Tried USI and KPBS;dropped it.uninstalled USI but greenhouses still requires Fertilizer.How to solve it?

Not sure what the question is...

Just now, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Does TAC includes Fertilizer?If not,why my greenhouses still requires fertilizer?

Ahhh, OK

I have just been through this recently. The life support resources that TAC defines and uses do not include or need Fertilizer. The TAC converters take the resources that TAC defined and will convert them to other TAC resources, like Waste Water to Water. or CO2 to Oxygen. The only thing it doesn't do is make Food. So. you have to rely on other mods, and they may introduce other resources, like Fertilizer

If you use SSPXr, you have two types of parts: the fish tank and the greenhouses. As you found out, the greenhouses need Fertilizer as one of the inputs. The fish tank has an algae farm that creates Fertilizer from Waste and Ore. So you need the fish tank if you want to make Fertilizer for those greenhouses. Or, you can use another greenhouse, like the SETI one, that uses TAC resources and Nutrients, which the part makes itself, so you dont need anything else. Also, you can edit the config of the greenhouses and remove the Fertilizer requirement and use something else.

12 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Does TAC includes Fertilizer?If not,why my greenhouses still requires fertilizer?

TAC does not include any greenhouses for itself. These are only to be found in other mods, some of which are nothing more than greenhouses for use with TAC.

25 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Hi,I im using this mod over 1 month.StockAlike Station Parts Expansion Greenhouses requires CO2 and water.Tried USI and KPBS;dropped it.uninstalled USI but greenhouses still requires Fertilizer.How to solve it?

SSPXr greenhouses use KPBS resource chain (which includes Fertilizer) if KPBS and TAC are installed......so uninstall KPBS lol.

14 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Ahhh, OK

I have just been through this recently. The life support resources that TAC defines and uses do not include or need Fertilizer. The TAC converters take the resources that TAC defined and will convert them to other TAC resources, like Waste Water to Water. or CO2 to Oxygen. The only thing it doesn't do is make Food. So. you have to rely on other mods, and they may introduce other resources, like Fertilizer

If you use SSPXr, you have two types of parts: the fish tank and the greenhouses. As you found out, the greenhouses need Fertilizer as one of the inputs. The fish tank has an algae farm that creates Fertilizer from Waste and Ore. So you need the fish tank if you want to make Fertilizer for those greenhouses. Or, you can use another greenhouse, like the SETI one, that uses TAC resources and Nutrients, which the part makes itself, so you dont need anything else. Also, you can edit the config of the greenhouses and remove the Fertilizer requirement and use something else.

Well...I didn't know that.

I create a GameData folder.Installed only SSPXr and TAC-LS.Now,Greenhouse information tells me 'SETI Converter' and doesnt require Fertilizer.I think KPBS causes it.At old GameData;Greenhouse information tells 'K&K(KPBS)Converter'.I'm now sure KPBS causes it.

If not,i can live with tanks of fishes;)

6 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Well...I didn't know that.

I create a GameData folder.Installed only SSPXr and TAC-LS.Now,Greenhouse information tells me 'SETI Converter' and doesnt require Fertilizer.I think KPBS causes it.At old GameData;Greenhouse information tells 'K&K(KPBS)Converter'.I'm now sure KPBS causes it.

If not,i can live with tanks of fishes;)

That's odd. The SETI converter is not usually part of SSPXr or TAC. I have the same setup and had to Install the SETI greenhouse separately. I did so specifically to not have to deal with Fertilizer on space stations that I'm sending to far planets. I use the SSPXr fish tank and greenhouses on stations around small moons that I can send an ore driller down and back easily (like Minmus).

11 minutes ago, Gilph said:

That's odd. The SETI converter is not usually part of SSPXr or TAC. I have the same setup and had to Install the SETI greenhouse separately. I did so specifically to not have to deal with Fertilizer on space stations that I'm sending to far planets. I use the SSPXr fish tank and greenhouses on stations around small moons that I can send an ore driller down and back easily (like Minmus).

Nice.But,does KPBS has fish tanks?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.