[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

I have Station Parts Expansion Redux mod. Will it be enough to allow me to build self sustaining station with TAC life? Or is there other mods i'd need to add? Also any other mods i'd need to make TAC life viable for flights to every planet?

Is anyone using the Munseeker greenhouse any more?  If a flavor of the Munseeker works with the latest KSP where can I get it?  If not, what is the best alternative for getting oxygen, water, and food generation?  Thanks for suggestions and any related comments

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of electricity not being generated on unloaded vessels? I am playing with Kopernicus and GPP. The changelog says an issue with solar panels was fixed but they still don't seem to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have the vsersion for 1.10 and when I crash a craft I get

Error:Destroying components immediatly is not permitted during physics trigger/contact animation event callbacks.
If I remove Tac it does not seem to happen.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is gonna sound dumb, but will my kerbals die even if the game isn't loaded?

and what happens if i uninstall it while kerbals are on a mission? will the ship not load because of incorrect resources?

22 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

This is gonna sound dumb, but will my kerbals die even if the game isn't loaded?

and what happens if i uninstall it while kerbals are on a mission? will the ship not load because of incorrect resources?

Hi ! Your kerbal will not die if the game isn't load.

And correct if you uninstall the mod, the ships will not load.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Noayh said:

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of electricity not being generated on unloaded vessels? I am playing with Kopernicus and GPP. The changelog says an issue with solar panels was fixed but they still don't seem to work.

Checking back on this question regarding the electricity not being generated on unloaded vessels when using Kopernicus & TAC Life Support? 

I thought this had been resolved (per the patch notes for 1.11.x as well) but I just had a kerbal die in my first career space station because of "air toxicity" with no EC, except when I load back into the vessel it immediate starts generating.

I can provide logs if necessary, but it seems like this is a known issue still?

22 hours ago, si2504 said:

hi, how do I get rid of built up waste? can it be dumped or does it have to be disposed of by a supply vessel and returned to earth?

hi ! waste can be recycle with some parts (recyclers so) if you don t need waste, just let it into your ship. The excess will be detroy or you can just dump it (with ship manifest for example)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, scottadges said:

Checking back on this question regarding the electricity not being generated on unloaded vessels when using Kopernicus & TAC Life Support? 

I thought this had been resolved (per the patch notes for 1.11.x as well) but I just had a kerbal die in my first career space station because of "air toxicity" with no EC, except when I load back into the vessel it immediate starts generating.

I can provide logs if necessary, but it seems like this is a known issue still?

On 4/2/2021 at 11:13 PM, Noayh said:

Kopernicus introduced a Module KopernicusSolarPanelFixer temporarily for multi star solar panels but has since gone back to KopernicusSolarPanel, however 

the new version of BackgroundResources now only checks for KopernicusSolarPanelFixer but not  KopernicusSolarPanel so the "FIX" is essentially what broke it again.

As a workaround just use the version  of REPoSoftTech/BackgroundResources bundled with TacLS v0.16.0 and solar pannels will work again.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, Crossman said:

Kopernicus introduced a Module KopernicusSolarPanelFixer temporarily for multi star solar panels but has since gone back to KopernicusSolarPanel, however 

the new version of BackgroundResources now only checks for KopernicusSolarPanelFixer but not  KopernicusSolarPanel so the "FIX" is essentially what broke it again.

As a workaround just use the version  of REPoSoftTech/BackgroundResources bundled with TacLS v0.16.0 and solar pannels will work again.

I just tried this but there is still no electricity being generated :/

I'm looking at the numbers and there is something wrong with the TAC Containers sizes VS contents.  For example, with food-only container :

• The volume of the 1.25m part is 8 times bigger than the volume of 0.625m part, and 1.25m part  contains 9.6 times the food units of the 0.625m part (240 vs 25)
  • The volume of the 2.5m part is 8 times bigger than the volume of 1.25m part, and 2.5m part  contains 9.2 times the food units of the 1.25m part (2200 vs 240)
  • The volume of the 3.75m part is 3.375 times bigger than the volume of 2.5m part, and 3.75m part  contains 1.5 times the food units of the 2.5m part (3300 vs 2200)

The last one seems wrong to me, the 3.75 part should contain around "maybe" 3.5 times the food units of the 2.5m one...

Is there some "hull thickness" we should account for calculating "internal volume" ?  A wall thickness of 5 cm per radius (10 cm per diameter) gives :

• 1.25 m VS 0.625 m: 9.59x more volume, 9.6x more food
  • 2.5 m VS 1.25 m: 8.71x more volume, 9.2x more food
  • 3.75 m VS 2.5 m: 3.46x more volume, 1.5x more food

The first two ratios seems legit, but the last ratio still does not makes sense. It's like the hull of the 3.75m part is 1.4 meter thick (per diameter) but the other sizes are 0.1 meter thick (per diameter).

I don't know if this is a bug or not, neither I'm sure that is caused by this mod (I need some more tests). My problem is that the items on the PAW of my capsules keep changing order constantly. In 1 minute of flight, the items keep changing positions! Happens when I do some action that needs to update the PAW (store some experiment, that increase a counter):

ElvNY2X.jpg

NN6Epjt.png

TWHhMNr.png

(https://imgur.com/a/Ah1VUw0)

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks.

How can I add a new Resource? (Like potatoes for the Martian roleplay) And how can I make it weight what I want per unit?

And what does this line mean?

TACLSGlobalSettings
{
	MaxDeltaTime = 86400

Is this a 6h Kerbin day? Seconds?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In real life, astronauts don't eat or can't eat on EVA suits, so it seems irrelevant to me that kerbals consume food inside their suits. Instead I want to change the cfg files so kerbals don't have food nor water within the suits and have a timeout that links to the max time that a kerbal can last without eating and drinking. What do I tweak?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVA electricity: What if the ammount of EC required to operate the suit was directly proportional to the temperature difference between the current temperature and Kerbin's average (13.5ºC) ?

On 6/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, Dominiquini said:

I don't know if this is a bug or not, neither I'm sure that is caused by this mod (I need some more tests). My problem is that the items on the PAW of my capsules keep changing order constantly. In 1 minute of flight, the items keep changing positions! Happens when I do some action that needs to update the PAW (store some experiment, that increase a counter):

(https://imgur.com/a/Ah1VUw0)

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks.

This is a stock KSP game thing. Not related to this mod.

9 hours ago, AndrewsonPaul said:

TAC Life Support not working ksp 1.12 update

Probably not. But I haven't even started looking at updating TAC LS for 1.12 yet.

Thanks for your patience.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:53 AM, adriangm44 said:

How can I add a new Resource? (Like potatoes for the Martian roleplay) And how can I make it weight what I want per unit?

And what does this line mean?

TACLSGlobalSettings
{
	MaxDeltaTime = 86400

Is this a 6h Kerbin day? Seconds?

In real life, astronauts don't eat or can't eat on EVA suits, so it seems irrelevant to me that kerbals consume food inside their suits. Instead I want to change the cfg files so kerbals don't have food nor water within the suits and have a timeout that links to the max time that a kerbal can last without eating and drinking. What do I tweak?

EVA electricity: What if the ammount of EC required to operate the suit was directly proportional to the temperature difference between the current temperature and Kerbin's average (13.5ºC) ?

This is the maximum amount of time that TAC LS will consume resources in a single update cycle of the game. This is particularly of interest when you are not using background resources setting and so the consumption of resources is stacked up the entire time you have switched away from a vessel and then consumed once you eventually switch back to it. and yes.. that time is in seconds.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Geryz said:

is there any way to change this?

You could accomplish this by adding Kerbal Health. It add a "confinement" component that reduces a kerbals effectiveness in cramped quarters. Kerbals health will generally deteriorate while on a mission and with out adequate living space and medical facilities and need to be returned home.  

Note that this mod also introduces radiation and training features, but these can be left on or turned off in the difficulty settings.

35 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You could accomplish this by adding Kerbal Health. It add a "confinement" component that reduces a kerbals effectiveness in cramped quarters. Kerbals health will generally deteriorate while on a mission and with out adequate living space and medical facilities and need to be returned home.  

Note that this mod also introduces radiation and training features, but these can be left on or turned off in the difficulty settings.

Thanks a lot!

Does anyone know if any of the tank switching mods allow one to change a fuel tank to a water tank and which mod is best for this?  The TACLS water tanks are way too small for the prodigious output from my Mun water drilling site.  I stack the TACLS water tanks up into a bigger "tank" but that makes transfers very tedious with way too much much clicking.  Or maybe I'm missing out on some extended TACLS parts and if they exist, I'd like to know about them.  Pros/cons advice of any approaches to bigger water tanks welcome.

I realize I could do some MM patch hacking, but prefer something packaged as it makes upgrades more straightforward

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

just a suggestion but could we have a part that introduces Kerbal reproduction similarly to MKS, although I would like if it didn't require any resources besides electricity and would instead just require the Kerbals to stay alive witch would require the player to have proper life support. It could work by "impregnating" a female Kerbal this would limit her a bit such as not being able to go on EVAs. This is just an idea, what do you guys think.

2 minutes ago, been said:

just a suggestion but could we have a part that introduces Kerbal reproduction similarly to MKS, although I would like if it didn't require any resources besides electricity and would instead just require the Kerbals to stay alive witch would require the player to have proper life support. It could work by "impregnating" a female Kerbal this would limit her a bit such as not being able to go on EVAs. This is just an idea, what do you guys think.

Featherweight (just a few parts, gets the job done), configurable resource requirements, has no dependencies other than just 1 other LGG mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.