[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 6/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, JPLRepo said:

This is a stock KSP game thing. Not related to this mod.

Probably not. But I haven't even started looking at updating TAC LS for 1.12 yet.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi @JPLRepo don’t mean to nag…just wondering if you are still planning to look at updating this awesome mod. No worries if you are unable to…just curious. Thanks for all the effort so far. 

1 hour ago, crapstar said:

Hi @JPLRepo don’t mean to nag…just wondering if you are still planning to look at updating this awesome mod. No worries if you are unable to…just curious. Thanks for all the effort so far. 

For what my input is worth (which is not much) I started a 1.12.2 career using TAC-LS. Nothing looks obviously broken so far. Granted the "so far" is not yet far enough to be doing anything that involves sending Kerbals outside of the Kerbin system, as this is a "Probes Before Kerbals" career. Your mileage may vary.

59 minutes ago, rmaine said:

For what my input is worth (which is not much) I started a 1.12.2 career using TAC-LS. Nothing looks obviously broken so far. Granted the "so far" is not yet far enough to be doing anything that involves sending Kerbals outside of the Kerbin system, as this is a "Probes Before Kerbals" career. Your mileage may vary.

There might be under the hood things going on that I don't know about, or possible ways to improve some things that I also don't know about, but I can also attest to 'so far, so good' as far as compatibility goes with 1.12.2.

Been playing a 1.12.2 career with many in-game years played, and a bunch of Kerbals in different parts of the solar system for a large portion of that time. No issues and no weirdness in the LS calculations to report.

TL/DR - If this gets updated, great, and much appreciated. If not, mod still works, great, and much appreciated.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:18 AM, crapstar said:

Yup. I do indeed plan to update all my mods. Just things a bit busy IRL. But hopefully SoonTM

• 2 weeks later...

Finally...

Sorry it took so long.

V0.18.0 released. Download links in the OP.
    Re-compile for KSP 1.12.x.
    Fix background resources - Kopernicus solar panels integration.
    Fix background resources - NRE spam on Resource Converters.
    Fix a NRE log spam on EVA kerbals - usually this involves rescue kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Sorry about this, but i'm not good with english or whats the proper way to report a bug,  but after uninstalling-installing game, removing mods one by one,  ect, I found that at the moment there is a conflict with Nertea "Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux" mod and I really dont know where to post this, here or on Nertea thread. 

1.TacLifeSupport_V0.17.0 + StationPartsExpansionRedux_2_0_3 = worked fine 4 me.

but latests mods updated brings that  NullReferenceException error it in the moment I use right click to open that sci lab tab from Nertea mod I get that NRE error and it it starts to spam in the console

2.TAC_Life_Support-v0.18.0.0 + Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion_Redux-2.0.4 =  NRE error

3. TAC_Life_Support-v0.18.0.0 + StationPartsExpansionRedux_2_0_3 = NRE error again

4. TacLifeSupport_V0.17.0 + Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion_Redux-2.0.4 = NRE error again

StationPartsExpansionRedux_2_0_3 or Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion_Redux-2.0.4  without TAC life mod, works fine, but I want tac life support mod so i reverted both mods back, and no error at all.

Reverted back both mods to previous versions TacLifeSupport_V0.17.0 + StationPartsExpansionRedux_2_0_3, and all its fine now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

6mM1A11.jpg

This is FROM my Log. Try to post the entire log  in a spoiler, but thread just died twice...and after I replaced mods,  log now is clear of error.

Spoiler

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.2.1.0
B9PartSwitch v2.18.0.0 / vv2.18.0
CCK v5.1.0.0 / v5.1.0.0 for KSP v1
NFPropUtils v1.0.0.0
BackgroundResources v1.12.0.0
Restock v0.1.0.0
HabUtils v1.0.0.0
TacLifeSupport v0.18.0.0 / v0.18.0

Folders and files in GameData:
B9PartSwitch
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
NearFutureProps
REPOSoftTech
ReStock
ReStockPlus
Stock folder: Squad

Stock folder: SquadExpansion

StationPartsExpansionRedux
ThunderAerospace
ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

[ERR 17:04:14.870] Exception handling event onPartActionUICreate in class ModuleScienceLab:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (Part p) [0x00025] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

[EXC 17:04:14.871] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (Part p) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Part)
    UIPartActionWindow:CreatePartList(Boolean)
    UIPartActionWindow:UpdateWindow()
    UIPartActionController:UpdateActiveWindows()
    UIPartActionController:UpdateFlight()
    UIPartActionController:Update()

Edited by GERULA

4 hours ago, GERULA said:

Hey there. Sorry about this, but i'm not good with english or whats the proper way to report a bug,  but after uninstalling-installing game, removing mods one by one,  ect, I found that at the moment there is a conflict with Nertea "Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux" mod and I really dont know where to post this, here or on Nertea thread.

Afraid I have no clue as to how to debug your problem, but I can report that I'm using both SSPER 2.04 and TAC-LS 0.18.0.0 in my current KSP 1.12.2 game with no hint of problems, so it must be something deeper than that. I do notice that you are using several other mods that I don't use, so there might be some interaction there.

14 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Afraid I have no clue as to how to debug your problem, but I can report that I'm using both SSPER 2.04 and TAC-LS 0.18.0.0 in my current KSP 1.12.2 game with no hint of problems, so it must be something deeper than that. I do notice that you are using several other mods that I don't use, so there might be some interaction there.

No other mods except SSPER  and ReStock plus their dependencies. Error starts when I right click on that sci lab in Mun or Kerbin orbit. Everithing else is fine in game

41 minutes ago, GERULA said:

No other mods except SSPER  and ReStock plus their dependencies. Error starts when I right click on that sci lab in Mun or Kerbin orbit. Everithing else is fine in game

Restock (and restock plus) is one I had in mind with that comment. I also see near future props in your log. And I'm not sure where the habutils dll is from, though that sounds familiar.

On the other hand, if you say everything except for right clicking that particular part is ok, I might just not have run into it because I haven't launched anything with that part; suppose I could go try doing so...

17 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Restock (and restock plus) is one I had in mind with that comment. I also see near future props in your log. And I'm not sure where the habutils dll is from, though that sounds familiar.

On the other hand, if you say everything except for right clicking that particular part is ok, I might just not have run into it because I haven't launched anything with that part; suppose I could go try doing so...

Just for kicks, I temporarily added restock, restock+, and near future IVA props to my game (and I see the habutils dll must have been in there somewhere because now I see that I have it). Launched a craft with just a command pod, that lab, and something to boost it up a bit. Right clicked on the lab with no problem. Guess it will take someone who knows more about this stuff than I do. (And I'd guess they would want the whole log file. Posting those directly to the forum never works well. Even if you manage to post it, the moderators would likely delete it because posts that long tend to break viewing the forum for everyone. The usual thing to do is to put the log on some site like dropbox or similar and put a link to that file in the forum post.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 5:12 AM, dave1904 said:

I've the same issue with science lab with statin parts expansion. I'll upload logs to a Dropbox once im home.

Can confirm. Only happens with SSPX and Life support installed with dependencys. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q3wbKD70hs2WVj9betFzgo5ny-b99qsG/view?usp=sharing

Was also getting the exact same NRE spam in  my logs with the labs from Stockalike Station Parts Redux.

I believe that the issue is specifically related to the TacGenericConverters that are added to the part in the TAC patches (SSPXR-TACLS-00.cfg & SSPXR-TACLS-01.cfg) included with the SSPR mod. Removing the modules fixes the NRE spam.

Here is a super-simple patch to remove the converters that will "fix" the part until it can be diagnosed what about the converters is conflicting with the part.

@PART[sspx-science-1875-1,sspx-lab-375-1,sspx-lab-5-1]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[TacGenericConverter],* {}
}

This removes the 3 life-support recyclers on those parts. Not critical in my opinion, and so still very playable without them for now.

*This may not fix crafts already in flight.

1 hour ago, Sandriell said:

Was also getting the exact same NRE spam in  my logs with the labs from Stockalike Station Parts Redux.

I believe that the issue is specifically related to the TacGenericConverters that are added to the part in the TAC patches (SSPXR-TACLS-00.cfg & SSPXR-TACLS-01.cfg) included with the SSPR mod. Removing the modules fixes the NRE spam.

Here is a super-simple patch to remove the converters that will "fix" the part until it can be diagnosed what about the converters is conflicting with the part.

@PART[sspx-science-1875-1,sspx-lab-375-1,sspx-lab-5-1]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[TacGenericConverter],* {}
}

This removes the 3 life-support recyclers on those parts. Not critical in my opinion, and so still very playable without them for now.

*This may not fix crafts already in flight.

Cheers. I fixed it by simply removing the patch in station parts expansion. To be honest I don't know why science station parts have converters anyway. Its unbalanced and kind of defeats the purpose of the utility modules but that is a topic for station parts thread.

Edited by dave1904

10 hours ago, delta5 said:

Haven't played in a long time. What are some must have mods to go along with tac life in a career mode play through?

I find it pairs very well with KerbalHealth to make you build much larger space craft than the base game requires.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, delta5 said:

Haven't played in a long time. What are some must have mods to go along with tac life in a career mode play through?

20 hours ago, gulegule said:

I find it pairs very well with KerbalHealth to make you build much larger space craft than the base game requires.

OH MY GOD yes this. Kerbal health plus TAC. To be honest, though I respect anyone who doesnt play with life suport and health/sanity mods, here between us...  whats the point? Put a lone kerbal on a mk1 pod and send him on a seven years trip to Jool, no air no nothing. Come on.

It is anybodys choice of course to go with other options, like kerbalism, or so many other LS mods out there like snacks etc. But to me KH + TAC is as good as it gets.

15 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

OH MY GOD yes this. Kerbal health plus TAC. To be honest, though I respect anyone who doesnt play with life suport and health/sanity mods, here between us...  whats the point? Put a lone kerbal on a mk1 pod and send him on a seven years trip to Jool, no air no nothing. Come on.

It is anybodys choice of course to go with other options, like kerbalism, or so many other LS mods out there like snacks etc. But to me KH + TAC is as good as it gets.

Kerbalism sounds interesting but may be to overbearing? 

11 hours ago, delta5 said:

Kerbalism sounds interesting but may be to overbearing? 

I think it is a matter of taste. Years ago I tried kerbalism for several months, so I consider I gave it a good go.  But it just wasnt for me. It is a work of art though: I envy those who have chemistry with it.

For my taste though, it is too much of its own thing. It has its own supplies, health and sanity, communications, probe control, radiation, and a lot of things. It is very self-contained, it tries to reinvent a lot of ksp aspects, so it precludes you from combining it with many other mods. At the same time it is also very configurable too, if you know your way around config files.

My suggestion is that you try it and see if it works for you.

PS: yes yes, I know it has workarounds to function with a few other mods. Like the TAC LS config, it disables its own LS in favor of TAC. I am surfing over this a few reasons: a) this frankensteinish mixing usually combines the worse of two worlds; b) if kerbalism was made to be one way, might as well use it as intended; c) there are configs for only so many other mods. So my reasoning was always, if you wanna go kerbalism, go fully, it deserves it.

Whats the best way to deal with backround processing and nuclear reactors from near future tech? I understand the mod itself does not support it but other than disabling backround processing I was wondering if anyone has any good solutions? Main issue I am having is they way LH2 cooling and requires loads of charge. Im my current case 100 units/sec. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.