[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Hey, is there some mod that adds some water production, drilling or something? Because you cannot build self sufficient station or base without it (i am using Nertea mods and KPBS), because the whole support system runs on water and you need to send it from kerbin. Maybe add some kind of ocean or atmospheric harvester or water drill or production factory to make crafts be albe to fully sustain themselves. It would be really nice! Thank you, have a nice day.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:02 PM, Daniel Prates said:

OH MY GOD yes this. Kerbal health plus TAC. To be honest, though I respect anyone who doesnt play with life suport and health/sanity mods, here between us...  whats the point? Put a lone kerbal on a mk1 pod and send him on a seven years trip to Jool, no air no nothing. Come on.

It is anybodys choice of course to go with other options, like kerbalism, or so many other LS mods out there like snacks etc. But to me KH + TAC is as good as it gets.

I considered playing with kerbal health, but i actually do not because it is too limiting for me, i really like compact spacecraft.  Maybe i will install and modify it a bit. What do you think?

12 hours ago, Szymex99 said:

Hey, is there some mod that adds some water production, drilling or something? Because you cannot build self sufficient station or base without it (i am using Nertea mods and KPBS), because the whole support system runs on water and you need to send it from kerbin. Maybe add some kind of ocean or atmospheric harvester or water drill or production factory to make crafts be albe to fully sustain themselves. It would be really nice! Thank you, have a nice day.

#ShamlessPlug :sticktongue: Actually yes! Rational Resources (the core. It's a suite) and Rational Resources Companion (for ISRU mod integration):

And together with this mod. It has every type of harvester part:

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

#ShamlessPlug :sticktongue: Actually yes! Rational Resources (the core. It's a suite) and Rational Resources Companion (for ISRU mod integration):

And together with this mod. It has every type of harvester part:

Thank you! I will give it a try!

Small question. Do you play with kerbal health or not?

The companion thing not working for me. I have modulemanager fatal error when i launch the game. Without it the game launches, but i think that the mod does not work properly. How is it supposed to work? How do the production chains work and what parts they use? Because i've got only a few new parts. Do i need an additional mod or something? And why the rational resources companion doesn't work? This is a bit confusing for me. Can you explain it to me please? Or maybe my KSP is bugged. Just tell me how i can get this cool mod to work. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Szymex99

2 hours ago, Szymex99 said:

modulemanager fatal error

Your KSP is bugged. Make sure you have MM 4.2.1 and not 4.2.0.

Share a screenshot of the MM fatal error, and a zip file containing the KSP.log and the <KSP install>/Logs/ModuleManager/ folder, and I should be able to spot the source.

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Your KSP is bugged. Make sure you have MM 4.2.1 and not 4.2.0.

Share a screenshot of the MM fatal error, and a zip file containing the KSP.log and the <KSP install>/Logs/ModuleManager/ folder, and I should be able to spot the source.

I have both MM 4.2.1 and 4.2.3, which one should i delete? I will send a screenshot later.

Edited by Szymex99

5 hours ago, Szymex99 said:

I have both MM 4.2.1 and 4.2.3, which one should i delete? I will send a screenshot later.

I did not know there was a 4.2.3. You should only have the latest version. It makes no sense to keep multiple. But just in case, test with only 4.2.1 and then with only 4.2.3, and confirm whether your issue is specific to having both dll's or by just having 4.2.3.

1 hour ago, LTQ90 said:

Where have you found this 4.2.3 version ?

The last one available is still 4.2.1. (build 161 aug 1 2021) on jenkins.

I dunno. Maybe it was bundled with something... Or maybe it is the same with changed name. I am not a modder, i just installed the latest version i was able to find. I just have 4.2.3 module manager dll on my gamedata. I will check it again tomorrow, to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Tommy Bomby said:

i see all these people having issue with installers but i dont see the problem

i didnt even need an installer

all i did was copy the contents of the gamedata folder in the zip over into the ksp gamedata file

There is not issue with installers cause there is only one : CKAN, so maybe the main issue is downloading some zip from anywhere but the good place.

The major advantage of CKAN is that when you want to install a mod it download all the needed dependencies. And so no issue when installing files in game data directories as i made a lot of mistakes back in past. Even installing mod in the wrong ksp version.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an major issue with TAC and especially my LKO station who tend to run out of power after 2 hours even with 50K battery charge, enough solar panels to power it by itself, 4 large fuel cells and a nuclear reactor from the Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems. 
Is this an know issue and is there any solutions? my Mun and Minmus base behave more sane, yes the Minmus base tend to also get power issues with an reactor but less rare. 
Other mods than TAC is Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems, Stockalike Station Parts, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads, KIS and KAS.  Mechjeb, KerbalEngineer, the alarm clock, hyperedit is unlikely to affect stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

What would a command pod patch need to be compatable with TAC-LS?

Pretty much all LS mods use the same approach that RD explained in the USI thread.  Check their configs and patches on GitHub for details.  The hard bit is balancing the quantities in a realistic way that doesn't add too much mass and mess up launch vehicle performance from other part mods

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Pretty much all LS mods use the same approach that RD explained in the USI thread.  Check their configs and patches on GitHub for details.  The hard bit is balancing the quantities in a realistic way that doesn't add too much mass and mess up launch vehicle performance from other part mods

I see...

Just more work for me then, but hey!

Now I can write patches for all the LS mods (if everything goes well)!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I have a station that charges its batteries fine while loaded (using large solar panels and a few RTGs), and has enough battery storage to get through the half of its orbit that is not in sunlight, but that runs out of electric charge when not loaded while TAC LS background processing is enabled. Is there a easy fix for this besides disabling background processing or sending an engineer to slap some more RTGs on the station? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, Joontry said:

Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I have a station that charges its batteries fine while loaded (using large solar panels and a few RTGs), and has enough battery storage to get through the half of its orbit that is not in sunlight, but that runs out of electric charge when not loaded while TAC LS background processing is enabled. Is there a easy fix for this besides disabling background processing or sending an engineer to slap some more RTGs on the station? Thanks

Still seeing this as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently installed this mod. I have four questions:

1.) Is it possible to create new Water from other materials? I assumed that the Fuel Cell would be able to produce Water, which would give the Fuel Cell some additional use. However, this doesn't appear to be the case. I also thought that maybe the ISRU would be able to produce Water, but I don't see how.

2.) What is the difference between the Carbon Extractor and the Sabatier reactor? It seems that maybe the Sabatier reactor produces more Oxygen per unit Carbon Dioxide, though it additionally uses Water as an input. Is it more efficient per unit Carbon Dioxide to just use the Carbon Extractor and the Water Splitter, in comparison to the Sabatier reactor?

3.) What is the purpose of storing Waste?

4.) If Water is a limiting resource, then when would the Water Splitter ever be useful?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.