[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 2/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Joontry said:

Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I have a station that charges its batteries fine while loaded (using large solar panels and a few RTGs), and has enough battery storage to get through the half of its orbit that is not in sunlight, but that runs out of electric charge when not loaded while TAC LS background processing is enabled. Is there a easy fix for this besides disabling background processing or sending an engineer to slap some more RTGs on the station? Thanks

I have a similar bug for power. My minmus base is powered via nuclear reactor, has a surplus of fuel and the overall consumption is less than the production, hence no change of running out. While in loaded it is like said, if unloaded after some time warp my power storage is signaled empty. Loading the vessel, my power is at 11K ec (max amount).

But that would be okay, but my food is running out too. I have my bases set up to be self sufficient, yet while unloaded the expiration time of food is decreasing one minute every second,  which can't be.

A second vessel has the same problem, while in loaded my food reserves increase, while unloaded they diminish like nobody's business. 

Anyone familiar with the food prob?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 11:20 AM, Joontry said:

Hello, I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I have a station that charges its batteries fine while loaded (using large solar panels and a few RTGs), and has enough battery storage to get through the half of its orbit that is not in sunlight, but that runs out of electric charge when not loaded while TAC LS background processing is enabled. Is there a easy fix for this besides disabling background processing or sending an engineer to slap some more RTGs on the station? Thanks

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, SouthPhilly said:

Still seeing this as well. 

On 4/13/2022 at 4:32 PM, Revilo2601 said:

I have a similar bug for power. My minmus base is powered via nuclear reactor, has a surplus of fuel and the overall consumption is less than the production, hence no change of running out. While in loaded it is like said, if unloaded after some time warp my power storage is signaled empty. Loading the vessel, my power is at 11K ec (max amount).

But that would be okay, but my food is running out too. I have my bases set up to be self sufficient, yet while unloaded the expiration time of food is decreasing one minute every second,  which can't be.

A second vessel has the same problem, while in loaded my food reserves increase, while unloaded they diminish like nobody's business. 

Anyone familiar with the food prob?

I'm having the same power issue. did anyone find any solutions?

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2022 at 11:07 PM, CraigKerman said:

Loving this mod, but can barely make out the text telling me how long it will all last for (using a 4k screen).  I've checked the configs, but can't see anywhere to  change the font size.  Is there a way to do that?  thanks.

I know this is super late, but if you haven't found one yet, a solution I have found for this problem is to use this Lossless Scaling app from Steam, run the game in 1440p and upscale it with AMD FSR.  Looks near native resolution, all mod windows are scaled better and the text is clear.   I'm sure if you search around you could probably find a free solution that does the same thing, but this is what I use.

The only downsides are that it forces the game to act like it's in fullscreen mode instead of a fullscreen borderless window, and on scene changes, the game will go from fullscreen to a window and you will have to hit the keybind to scale the window back up to 4k.   If I'm streaming or using my second monitor a lot while playing I generally just run in 1080p to avoid the fullscreen mode thing since it can get kind of annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 1:25 AM, Sirius628 said:

Is it intended that Kerbals can still run out of oxygen whilst on the surface of Kerbin?

Nope, sounds like a bug.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, CraigKerman said:

Loving this mod, but can barely make out the text telling me how long it will all last for (using a 4k screen).  I've checked the configs, but can't see anywhere to  change the font size.  Is there a way to do that?  thanks.

Nope

On 8/7/2022 at 1:49 PM, Probird_23 said:

Is there a way to disable death in tac-ls and replace it with a usi-ls/snacks-like consequences where the kerbal just refuses to work/faint?

Yep, go to the difficulty settings menu. There's an option.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, harleyquinneth said:

I'm having the same power issue. did anyone find any solutions?

Hi, same problem with my Space Station. I'm sending a vessel to Duna and I cannot run the time warp for this problem.

UPDATE: I installed the mod BackgroundProcessing and I solved the problem.

Edited by Steigleder

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a bug with Tac-ls and SSPX greenhouses running in background. When I turn on the greenhouse and go back to the KSC, the food depletes 60x the normal speed. One minute of food disappears each second. If the greenhouse is turned off, then the food goes down at the right pace. When I have the greenhouse loaded, then the food doesn't even deplete. Just the water and minerals very slowly. I have three kerbonauts inside a greenhouse capable of sustaining about 3.2 kerbals so everything is balanced nicely. Except when the greenhouse is unloaded. Then food depletes 60x the speed when greenhouse is turned off even though it's on.

To reproduce: started a normal difficulty sandbox game with SSPX, TAC-LS  (with dependencies) and Module Manager and nothing else.

Slapped a 3 people capsule to the PXL-R4NCH-3R greenhouse with batteries, gigantors and a couple hex cans of supplies, teleported the thing to a 1000km orbit and let run. That's all.  Very easy to reproduce.

To stop the food madness, I need to cut off background processing completely. Both in the BackgroundResources and TAC-LS mods.

Can you look into it @JPLRepo? Thanks.

PS: I don't see the need for logs, it's very easy to reproduce.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/28/2022 at 9:54 AM, Steigleder said:

Hi, same problem with my Space Station. I'm sending a vessel to Duna and I cannot run the time warp for this problem.

UPDATE: I installed the mod BackgroundProcessing and I solved the problem.

How did you manage to install that mod? It seems very outdated. I'm also getting the EC bug and it's making TACLS unplayable.

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 3:39 AM, ioresult said:

Hello,

I have a bug with Tac-ls and SSPX greenhouses running in background. When I turn on the greenhouse and go back to the KSC, the food depletes 60x the normal speed. One minute of food disappears each second. If the greenhouse is turned off, then the food goes down at the right pace. When I have the greenhouse loaded, then the food doesn't even deplete. Just the water and minerals very slowly. I have three kerbonauts inside a greenhouse capable of sustaining about 3.2 kerbals so everything is balanced nicely. Except when the greenhouse is unloaded. Then food depletes 60x the speed when greenhouse is turned off even though it's on.

To reproduce: started a normal difficulty sandbox game with SSPX, TAC-LS  (with dependencies) and Module Manager and nothing else.

Slapped a 3 people capsule to the PXL-R4NCH-3R greenhouse with batteries, gigantors and a couple hex cans of supplies, teleported the thing to a 1000km orbit and let run. That's all.  Very easy to reproduce.

To stop the food madness, I need to cut off background processing completely. Both in the BackgroundResources and TAC-LS mods.

Can you look into it @JPLRepo? Thanks.

PS: I don't see the need for logs, it's very easy to reproduce.

yeah im getting this issue too... it's ruining all my plans for self sustaining colonies! does anyone have a solution or workaround until the developer manages to respond with a fix?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I would think not. Resource charts are cool and (depending) easy to make so I'll scribble something soon-ish.

I would really appreciate that. I have memory issues and since the parts do not have what they input/output outside of the VAB I have a very difficult time using them appropriately.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 6:39 PM, ioresult said:

Except when the greenhouse is unloaded. Then food depletes 60x the speed when greenhouse is turned off even though it's on.

I have the same issue using Stockalike Station Parts Redux with TAC. Start greenhouse, switch away, and food depletes way too fast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.