[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

53 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry folks. I fixed my bug from yesterday but ran into another problem.
Hang in there. I'm not going to say tomorrow again, only Soon as I can (TM)

No problem we are just refreshing every 5 seconds.:D:D

Edited by Werty
ortographic faults

2 hours ago, Patupi said:

You're waiting as long as FIVE SECONDS?!? You are made of strong stuff Werty! :D

All this stupid posts make my phone beep all the time, an web service check this treads for updates and send me an message. 
No its no pressure :) Launch queue is over budget anyway, on the upside Duna keep moving into an better position every day :)

@JPLRepo

Again, thank you for your fine work. The changes under the hood for this update are incredible. I'm glad to see somebody better qualified than I has kept it alive. I'll still be poking in, time permitting, but lately that means I'm procrastinating coursework or research.

Hello, 

Just installed it, When going into the VAB  and SPH, it slows down to a crawl. I tried it with and without, also enabling and disabled... it is very sluggish..

My theory is TACLS + something (mod) may be doing this or some mod doesn't like TACLS or KSP 1.2 don't like it, or Microsoft doesn't like Netscape... either way no errors just sluggishness in the editors. I did read the notes about code cleanup but would not attribute all my lifes failures to TACLS+..

11 minutes ago, SiRCrashaLot said:

Hello, 

Just installed it, When going into the VAB  and SPH, it slows down to a crawl. I tried it with and without, also enabling and disabled... it is very sluggish..

My theory is TACLS + something (mod) may be doing this or some mod doesn't like TACLS or KSP 1.2 don't like it, or Microsoft doesn't like Netscape... either way no errors just sluggishness in the editors. I did read the notes about code cleanup but would not attribute all my lifes failures to TACLS+..

Yeah - do you have my AmpYear mod installed? I just found a problem with it.

Just now, DennyTX said:

yup, i faced with same slowdown and began to investigate. Found imcompability with AmpYear too. But you was faster :wink:

Working on a fix for AmpYear. Check AmpYear thread - I will get a release out to fix it today.

3 hours ago, SiRCrashaLot said:

Yes,  removed AmpYear smooth sailing for the time being,  sorry for the late reply.

6 hours ago, DennyTX said:

yup, i faced with same slowdown and began to investigate. Found imcompability with AmpYear too. But you was faster :wink:

I've released an update to AmpYear (V1.4.1) which fixes integration with TAC LS if you use both mods.
Go get the V1.4.1 of AmpYear from it's thread (link in my sig).

Edited by JPLRepo

I've also picked up a bug in the stock code that causes TAC LS to not track Crew in Vessels on the LaunchPad correctly.
My Updated AmpYear (V1.4.1) contains a fix for this, so if it's annoying you, you can download and install my AmpYear mod and it will fix the issue for both mods.
When I have enough fixes or changes for TAC LS I will include the stock fix in TAC LS in the next version.

Bug Report

Hey @JPLRepo awesome work continuing this mod. I never play without it. This version does not work for me and i cannot find a solution. When i start the game i cannot click anythign in the main menu, ''Start Game, Settings'' etc nothing happens. I made a clean install, used Module Manager 2.7.1, tried 32/64 bit version but nothing works. Launched both trough ''desktop copy game'' and trough steam. Any idea what it could be? I can recreate it every time, I make a clean install, put module manager in the game folder and copy the mod as usual. Nothing works. Log file here Dropbox Log File this line caught my eye 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Tac.GlobalSettings..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Tac.TacStartOnce.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Tac.TAC_SettingsParms_Sec3.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameParameters+ParameterNode.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameParameters.LoadCustomNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameParameters.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameParameters..ctor (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameParameters.GetDefaultParameters (Modes mode, Preset p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MainMenu.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I don't speak this language but i believe something is wrong here :wink:

Edited by FlyingKiwibird

8 minutes ago, FlyingKiwibird said:

Bug Report

Hey @JPLRepo awesome work continuing this mod. I never play without it. This version does not work for me and i cannot find a solution. When i start the game i cannot click anythign in the main menu, ''Start Game, Settings'' etc nothing happens. I made a clean install, used Module Manager 2.7.1, tried 32/64 bit version but nothing works. Launched both trough ''desktop copy game'' and trough steam. Any reason what it could be? I can recreate it every time, I make a clean install, put module manager in the game folder and copy the mod as usual. Log file here Dropbox Log File

Here is the log message indicating the problem:

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

What does this mean?
It means you are missing the config file.
Can you check you have downloaded the Zip file and unzipped it's entire contents to your GameData folder?
Can you check you have the following File:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\LifeSupport.cfg
The file is in the downloadable Zip file (I double checked), so you have not installed the mod correctly and are missing this file would be my guess.

EDIT: It is also possible your KSP install is corrupt as it also attempts to read internal KSP data at this point.
Can you go into steam and clean your cache and verify your KSP files.

Edited by JPLRepo

7 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Here is the log message indicating the problem:

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

What does this mean?
It means you are missing the config file.
Can you check you have downloaded the Zip file and unzipped it's entire contents to your GameData folder?
Can you check you have the following File:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\LifeSupport.cfg
The file is in the downloadable Zip file (I double checked), so you have not installed the mod correctly and are missing this file would be my guess.

EDIT: It is also possible your KSP install is corrupt as it also attempts to read internal KSP data at this point.
Can you go into steam and clean your cache and verify your KSP files.

Thanks. This time i included the ''CommunityResourcePack'' and now it works. I assumed this was not needed, i cannot remember having this map in the past when i installed the old TAC mods. Am i correct that i need this folder?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.