[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Ok, so small test done. Put three kerbals on launchpad, time warped a bunch of days and all good. EC replenishing as soon as sun comes up.

Changed to another ship, timewarped,returned to LP and same result. All good.

Went to tracking station, timewarped about 100 days at full warp, same result, all good.

About to start that Mun drilling mission now so that will tell me more.

Hope that helps some. 

Edit: Mun mission completed, no problems. Nice work mate 

Edited by DeadJoe

Updated while a ship was suffering from EC decay, and EC started climbing back to normal after loading the save with the new TAC.

Err, Went up to 100,000 timewarp and my base in orbit of minmus with 9 days electrical power went 'electrical power exhausted' with just 30 minutes left on the clock. (This base is also in 'running out of food' status but that is still 370 days worth (out of years, so I guess its % triggered)

Solar panels where in sunlight at the time and the 30 minute timer did not increase till I switched to ship.

And now all ships are decaying EC. Saving and reloading at KSC and they start restoring EC again.

staying at 10,000x timewarp max seems to work fine.

Edited by BlackMoons

2 hours ago, Mitchz95 said:

New version fixes the EC problem for me, but it keeps turning one of my pilots into a tourist every time I change scenes. :huh:

More info please. Existing save? Does the vessel have enough resources? Logs?

1 hour ago, BlackMoons said:

Updated while a ship was suffering from EC decay, and EC started climbing back to normal after loading the save with the new TAC.

Err, Went up to 100,000 timewarp and my base in orbit of minmus with 9 days electrical power went 'electrical power exhausted' with just 30 minutes left on the clock. (This base is also in 'running out of food' status but that is still 370 days worth (out of years, so I guess its % triggered)

Solar panels where in sunlight at the time and the 30 minute timer did not increase till I switched to ship.

And now all ships are decaying EC. Saving and reloading at KSC and they start restoring EC again.

staying at 10,000x timewarp max seems to work fine.

Yes you probably have to go visit existing vessels in an existing save after updating to the new build and allow the vessels to rebuild EC storage etc. after that thigh should be good.

I started to get a new error.  I was using the pathfinder mod making a base and came across this error.  Not sure if its TAC-LS or trajectories tossing the error.

[LOG 16:16:30.480] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFE68660][585.64]: OnStart: Landed
[LOG 16:16:30.495] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (loaded state True)
- 0 stock power producers 
- 0 stock power consumers
[LOG 16:16:30.500] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel WBI.BuffaloCab (loaded state True)
- 3 stock power producers 
[LOG 16:16:30.504] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel flag (Shores) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.508] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Ponderosa IHM
[LOG 16:16:30.521] Trajectories: Initializing cache
[ERR 16:16:30.547] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at kOS.Module.kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at Timing0.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 16:16:30.560] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at kOS.Module.kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

26 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes you probably have to go visit existing vessels in an existing save after updating to the new build and allow the vessels to rebuild EC storage etc. after that thigh should be good.

It actually did fix ships in my existing save without visiting them.

However, even after visiting ships, Im still getting the EC bug where *all* ships stop producing power.

Save/reloading (even quicksave) seems to fix it now however for the non active ships (Im not sure if it did before but I don't think so), though it does seem to take a few seconds (was at timewarp 50 or 100) before the ship's EC starts climbing again.

Revisiting the ships is no longer needed to restore power, just save/loading works. That said it does not restore it instantly, but EC time remaining does climb again when the ship is in sunlight and returns to normal levels eventually.

Edited by BlackMoons

51 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

More info please. Existing save? Does the vessel have enough resources? Logs?

Existing save, yes. Enough resources, yes. Reloading a quicksave restores them to Pilot, but it changes back to Tourist as soon as I return to the space center.

Here's a log, but I have a lot of mods so I don't know how useful it will be. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq0bsyjusg0s6yz/output_log.txt?dl=0

3 hours ago, Vaga said:

I started to get a new error.  I was using the pathfinder mod making a base and came across this error.  Not sure if its TAC-LS or trajectories tossing the error.

[LOG 16:16:30.480] -INFO- Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFE68660][585.64]: OnStart: Landed
[LOG 16:16:30.495] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.500] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel WBI.BuffaloCab (loaded state True)
- 3 stock power producers 
[LOG 16:16:30.504] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: Summary: 
 vessel flag (Shores) (loaded state True)
[LOG 16:16:30.508] IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Ponderosa IHM
[LOG 16:16:30.521] Trajectories: Initializing cache
[ERR 16:16:30.547] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 16:16:30.560] Timing0 threw during FixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I don't see any TACLS errors there.

i do see errors related to KoS mod

30 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

The "This is a DEV/Test build." from yesterday does not contain a TacLifeSupport.dll - is this on purpose?

Suggest you download the zip again.. everyone else has it.. and I just downloaded and checked it again. and there is a dll file in the zip.

Got the EC depleted bug as well. My ships count down as if losing electric charge when above 50 warp when the ship is in focus, and lose it always when it isn't in focus. I'm using 0.13.2

Need logs, or do you have plenty already on this bug?

I kind of feel bad now, having been one of the first to bring up this bug...  I feel like I'm the one who heaped all this extra work on JPLRepo because of it.  I realize someone would have brought it up eventually, of course, but still.

3 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

Got the EC depleted bug as well. My ships count down as if losing electric charge when above 50 warp when the ship is in focus, and lose it always when it isn't in focus. I'm using 0.13.2

Need logs, or do you have plenty already on this bug?

try using the latest dev build instead

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, there is a GameData folder in it and I've seen many other mods using the dev repo with all included - but okay in this case it's different.

Up to the maintainers of those mods. Having compiled dll's next to code doesn't make sense to me. Besides they are available via the releases section.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

try using the latest dev build instead

I'm having problems finding this, the 0.13.2 is the latest version from the links in the official thread. Where should I look?

Edit: Never mind, found it on github

Edited by Unfawkable

On 7/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, BlackMoons said:

It actually did fix ships in my existing save without visiting them.

However, even after visiting ships, Im still getting the EC bug where *all* ships stop producing power.

Save/reloading (even quicksave) seems to fix it now however for the non active ships (Im not sure if it did before but I don't think so), though it does seem to take a few seconds (was at timewarp 50 or 100) before the ship's EC starts climbing again.

Revisiting the ships is no longer needed to restore power, just save/loading works. That said it does not restore it instantly, but EC time remaining does climb again when the ship is in sunlight and returns to normal levels eventually.

This is with the latest dev build?
How do I produce this error as I am not seeing it.
Can you supply logs of when it happens?

On 8/2/2017 at 4:02 PM, Mitchz95 said:

So I was playing 13.4, and this happened...

J7XYngh.png

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

My log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jbdae74vsfw9op/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Also, Sanberry Kerman turned into a Tourist again. :P

Hmmm... Looks like it's not taking resources from the part that has it... instead just taking it from the first it finds.
Thanks for finding this.. Something to look at.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:02 PM, Mitchz95 said:

So I was playing 13.4, and this happened...

J7XYngh.png

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

My log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jbdae74vsfw9op/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: Also, Sanberry Kerman turned into a Tourist again. :P

I think Sanberry Kerman is just too lazy. Send him on a Polar Mission for a few months and see how his work ethic changes afterwards.

Today I encountered sudden death issue when rescuing Kerbals other had encountered already, so I looked around for reasons.

Quick save file investigation shows that poor guys simply got stranded in some mod part which initialized life support resource to 0.

Offending parts are from Tokamak and Hangars, both can't have crew assigned in VAB. I guess they should not even occur in rescue mission in first place, so it is not really problem with TAC. 

I will try Rescue Pod Validator, it should prevent this problem from occurring. In meantime, I have two Kerbals to cheat away from death...

Spoiler

Edit:

Aaand damn, I got stock Mk1 plane cockpit with empty life support as rescuee. Mhmhmh.

Edited by PT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.