[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

V0.12.6 published for KSP 1.2.1.
Big changelist. See the changelist in the OP.
Please note: due to underlying internal changes you may notice existing vessels in your save appear in the TAC LS monitoring window as "PRELAUNCH" after upgrading.
This is ok, just switch to each of these vessels in flight and TAC LS should start monitoring them correctly again. This should only occur once.

Thanks @JPLRepo for all your work on this!

One thing I would like to see at some point would be suppression of life support warnings for craft that have no crew. In case that's confusing here's what happened to me: I sent a lander to Mun, collected science with the kerbal inside, returned to low kerbin orbit, and then transferred the kerbal and the science to another craft for re-entry. The lander remains in LKO, empty and marked as debris, but still generates messages in TAC LS because it was low on life support resources when it was last checked, I guess.

Edited by Newnard
fixed typo

9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

V0.12.6 published for KSP 1.2.1.
Big changelist. See the changelist in the OP.
Please note: due to underlying internal changes you may notice existing vessels in your save appear in the TAC LS monitoring window as "PRELAUNCH" after upgrading.
This is ok, just switch to each of these vessels in flight and TAC LS should start monitoring them correctly again. This should only occur once.

Thank you for this release @JPLRepo! :D

Great work!

For anyone who is interested, I've made a quick and dirty texture for the Sabatier recycler using the water splitter from the old textures pack (I can't stand the new ones... Sorry! :blush:) since it was the only one missing.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpeepasro1j6k8c/SabatierReclycler.zip?dl=0

(Edit: If there is a licence issue or anything, let me know, i'll remove the link!)

Edited by dueb

3 minutes ago, dueb said:

Thank you for this release @JPLRepo! :D

Great work!

For anyone who is interested, I've made a quick and dirty texture for the Sabatier recycler using the water splitter from the old textures pack (I can't stand the new ones... Sorry! :blush:) since it was the only one missing.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpeepasro1j6k8c/SabatierReclycler.zip?dl=0

(Edit: If there is a licence issue or anything, let me know, i'll remove the link!)

Working on a new Texture pack actually, and new models. :wink:

So it has just come to my attention that CKAN is not supporting TAC LS 0.12.6 correctly.
I do not have the time or inclination to figure out how to code CKAN metadata.
But basically it has no idea about the "Community Category Kit" which is optional and it is not installed the new Required DLL in "GameData\REPOSoftTech\RSTKSPUtils\RSTKSPGameEvents.dll".
I'd recommend installing without CKAN until they resolve their data.
EDIT/UPDATE:
thanks to
@danfarnsy , he has created a GitHub update to CKAN to fix the situation. Hopefully that will remedy the CKAN issue in the next few days when it is processed.

Edited by JPLRepo

On 11/4/2016 at 1:09 AM, JPLRepo said:

EDIT/UPDATE:
thanks to
@danfarnsy , he has created a GitHub update to CKAN to fix the situation. Hopefully that will remedy the CKAN issue in the next few days when it is processed.

Still working to get it resolved, but it turns out to be messier than I'd hoped. Don't anybody hold your breath.

If you install via CKAN, it will be missing the required /GameData/REPOSoftTech/RSTKSPUtils, which is why TACLS will not work. The most obvious fix on the CKAN side will create unacceptable conflicts with other mods from JPLRepo. This is not an issue for manual installations, of course, and that works just fine.

On 04/11/2016 at 2:57 AM, Newnard said:

Thanks @JPLRepo for all your work on this!

One thing I would like to see at some point would be suppression of life support warnings for craft that have no crew. In case that's confusing here's what happened to me: I sent a lander to Mun, collected science with the kerbal inside, returned to low kerbin orbit, and then transferred the kerbal and the science to another craft for re-entry. The lander remains in LKO, empty and marked as debris, but still generates messages in TAC LS because it was low on life support resources when it was last checked, I guess.

Thanks.
And yes, appears I missed something there... will fix for next version.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/58

What does prelaunch vessel mean? I seem to have that for all my active flights. I had the mods installed through CKAN, but it wasn't showing the ICON so I unistalled them and then reinstalled them manually. The icon shows now but all the vessels say prelaunch vessel and don't show any data.

Edit: Nevermind I just had to reload each vessel. Now I feel dumb...

Edited by HoveringKiller

12 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

What does prelaunch vessel mean? I seem to have that for all my active flights. I had the mods installed through CKAN, but it wasn't showing the ICON so I unistalled them and then reinstalled them manually. The icon shows now but all the vessels say prelaunch vessel and don't show any data.

Edit: Nevermind I just had to reload each vessel. Now I feel dumb...

That's ok yep. I mentioned it in the post for the update version, but I have also now updated the Changelog in the OP as well.
For everyone else who missed it:
Due to this and other internal changes all vessels will appear as PreLaunch after upgrading on existing saves. All you have to do is switch to each vessel for TACLS to update and start tracking them again. Sorry about that but couldn't be avoided. 

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎19 at 3:50 AM, JPLRepo said:

Well the LifeSupport.cfg file has the values that are the default values per second. However, these are now only read on the start of a new game.
Also, it is planned that Realism Overhaul will modify this file via MM itself for realistic values as the defaults if it is also installed (not available yet for KSP 1.2).
Once a game is started these values are now persisted into the save file for each saved game. There is no easy way to read these using MM.
You could write code to read them in game without a problem.

Sorry got side tracked on this, but back to working on this again...

any way, not as easy as I was hoping.  but you say the values in the .cfg are in gameunits/second?  so for a container type of question I need to convert these values to liters/second but for any sort of math involving things like how long will x units of food last I can just use the number from the .cfg file directly?

looking at the settings in the options menu..  I see the various resources and their rates listed as "p/d" is this gameunits/day?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

55 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so looking in to this deeper I see that for every 1.1 units of water a Kerbal consumes they will produce 1.4 units of waste water.  is this correct? and if so I assume that the units per liter of waste water is not the same as water?

The settings file has not been changed at all for some time as far as resource usage/production is concerned.
What I did change was the new UI settings integration with stock. But that had limitations with regard to the sliders and values. So what I did was change the UI to display the units per day or per hour, etc so they would fit into the stock slider settings. If you hover over the sliders you get a tooltip telling you what the units are.
Internally to TACLS all the units are stored per second and calculations are done using the per second amounts (modified for physics frames in Unity). I'll have a look through them all to make sure nothing is wrong. But if in fact water and waste is as you say then it's always been like that which means the Kerbals are wasting away.

1 hour ago, viveleroi said:

With the recent update to support 1.2.1, my TAC button is no longer present outside the VAB and food resources are never consumed. Has anyone else experienced this?

If you are experiencing issues then if you can supply a log file and save file it can be investigated.

3 hours ago, viveleroi said:

With the recent update to support 1.2.1, my TAC button is no longer present outside the VAB and food resources are never consumed. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

If you are experiencing issues then if you can supply a log file and save file it can be investigated.

I have similar effects in 1.2.0 (for some reason ckan in my 1.2.0 version claim TACLS is up to 1.2.1, but when I run ckan for KSP1.2.1,there is no TACLS). In space center->menu->settings->TACLS everything looks OK, in build mode too, but during mission there is no TACLS button and resources (oxygen, food, water) are not consumed. 

TACLS spams in log:

[EXC 23:27:01.008] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate ()

The whole log (almost 4MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlydjmez0yrpdhp/KSP.log?dl=0

TACLS's setting menu in space center and during a mission. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvgqrbl4axw9bas/tacls1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/burodl2xhh4oks8/tacls2.png?dl=0

So I have TAC-LS tracking a ship that no longer exists, I landed it on kerbin and recovered it, but TAC-LS is saying that now all the resources have run out. Minor issue as it hasn't killed anyone, just the button is red instead of green now.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason it wasn't updating in the tracking station or the main menu, but when I loaded up another ship it was all good.

Edited by HoveringKiller

Hey I ran into a minor issue that I thought was interesting enough to mention to you.

I have a career save with two main missions in progress, and three "rescue a kerbal" missions on the back burner. When I landed my science lab on Mun, I triple-checked the life support numbers so I would know when to fetch them back (would be awesome to have integration with Kerbal Alarm Clock, but that's another subject) and noticed the rescue missions said there were 31 crew on each of the rescue vessels, while I presume there are in fact only one each.

Edited by Newnard
screenshot removed

21 minutes ago, Newnard said:

Hey I ran into a minor issue that I thought was interesting enough to mention to you.

I have a career save with two main missions in progress, and three "rescue a kerbal" missions on the back burner. When I landed my science lab on Mun, I triple-checked the life support numbers so I would know when to fetch them back (would be awesome to have integration with Kerbal Alarm Clock, but that's another subject) and noticed the rescue missions said there were 31 crew on each of the rescue vessels, while I presume there are in fact only one each.

Screenshot:

20161109125057_1.jpg?dl=1

Sorry but you can't post pictures directly into the forum. You need to upload it into a public file share like dropbox or imgur, etc. and then post a link here. What would be better than pictures, because although they help they don't save me any time and give me much information, it would be better if you can post your log and your save game so I can load it up and take a look. that saves me bunches of time not having to try and recreate your scenario from scratch.

43 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

What would be better than pictures, because although they help they don't save me any time and give me much information, it would be better if you can post your log and your save game so I can load it up and take a look. that saves me bunches of time not having to try and recreate your scenario from scratch.

Sure thing, I wasn't positive you would be interested in investigating at all, since it has no gameplay impact. I'll select a quicksave where I can reproduce and package it up with a log file for you. Expect an edit on this post with a link shortly. :)

Edit: Never mind, I can't reproduce the issue now. I'm sorry I even mentioned it before investigating more. Thanks for all your work and have a great day.

Edited by Newnard
Whoops no evidence.

On 11/7/2016 at 6:00 PM, bartekltg said:

I have similar effects in 1.2.0 (for some reason ckan in my 1.2.0 version claim TACLS is up to 1.2.1, but when I run ckan for KSP1.2.1,there is no TACLS). In space center->menu->settings->TACLS everything looks OK, in build mode too, but during mission there is no TACLS button and resources (oxygen, food, water) are not consumed. 

TACLS spams in log:

[EXC 23:27:01.008] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate ()

The whole log (almost 4MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlydjmez0yrpdhp/KSP.log?dl=0

TACLS's setting menu in space center and during a mission. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvgqrbl4axw9bas/tacls1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/burodl2xhh4oks8/tacls2.png?dl=0

I have same issue.  No differences in my logs than what has been posted here.

Edit1: Removed TACLS from CKAN.  Deleted Gamedata TA folder.  Downloaded release version from Github. Copied only REPOSoftTech and ThunderAerospace folders because I had latest versions of bundled mods. Problem seems to be fixed.

Edited by Gilph

14 hours ago, Gilph said:

I have same issue.  No differences in my logs than what has been posted here.

Edit1: Removed TACLS from CKAN.  Deleted Gamedata TA folder.  Downloaded release version from Github. Copied only REPOSoftTech and ThunderAerospace folders because I had latest versions of bundled mods. Problem seems to be fixed.

And according to your logs:

[ERR 23:25:06.882] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RSTKSPGameEvents, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 23:25:06.882] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RSTKSPGameEvents, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 23:25:06.882] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RSTKSPGameEvents, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

[EXC 23:25:06.882] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RSTKSPGameEvents, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

It appears CKAN is not installing all of TAC LS.
If you manually install TAC LS from the download zip from one Github, spacedock or curse and manually install all of it it should be fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.