[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

4 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

I don't suppose you have available somewhere a short-short version of what a parts maker needs to throw into their parts to make them TAC-LS compatible? If not, I'll just read through the stuff meant for players and figure it out, of course. It's just that I have requests to add support for a handful of different mods, and going through full tutorials on them ALL ends up taking a lot of time >.<

In what way?
Your recycled parts if they are crewable will have TACLS LifeSupport partmodules added to them if the user has TACLS installed via an MM file automatically.
Apart from that, if you want your parts to contain resources then you just have to add RESOURCES nodes to your parts with the appropriate resources and amounts (refer to the TACLS container config files).
Finally, if you want to have converters in your parts, rather than using the TACLS parts you have to configure them to have TacGenericConverter PartModule added, examples again in the TACLS converter parts.

7 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

In what way?
Your recycled parts if they are crewable will have TACLS LifeSupport partmodules added to them if the user has TACLS installed via an MM file automatically.
Apart from that, if you want your parts to contain resources then you just have to add RESOURCES nodes to your parts with the appropriate resources and amounts (refer to the TACLS container config files).
Finally, if you want to have converters in your parts, rather than using the TACLS parts you have to configure them to have TacGenericConverter PartModule added, examples again in the TACLS converter parts.

Gotcha, thanks. I haven't used TAC-LS in years, so I wasn't certain if there was more and didn't want to assume. 

Edit: Since the porkjet inflatable parts are not crewable until inflated, the MM patch is not flagging them as crewable, so it is not adding the life support module. I'll just poke around in the MM files included in TAC-LS to find what I need to add.

Second edit: Ah yes, this will be simple. No help needed.

Edited by Tokamak

Welcome to the forums,  @Kyzer :)

You should be aware of a rule we have on our forums, 2.2f, which prohibits repeating inquiries from mod authors about updating their mods. They'll get around to it when they have the time to, the rest of us are just gonna have to wait.

Happy forumgoing!

32 minutes ago, Maximus97 said:

Welcome to the forums,  @Kyzer :)

You should be aware of a rule we have on our forums, 2.2f, which prohibits repeating inquiries from mod authors about updating their mods. They'll get around to it when they have the time to, the rest of us are just gonna have to wait.

Happy forumgoing!

I don't read pages of threads to find someone else' similar post. I never said anything about 1.2 and this mod before, and checking the pages in-front there was nothing else that I saw either, other than a post about 1.2 the modder made; so AFAIK there is no repeating inquiry. I didn't see this post before, either. Maybe the rule needs better wording?

I also wasn't asking about a release date, but more about how the update was going. The base of 1.2 is already there, and an update process can begin. Nothing new seems to be getting added since initial prerelease except for some bug fixes and small menu changes. Even a somewhat-working version would be good enough.

Though, seriously, can you add a space in CarbonDioxide and rename WasteWater to something else? I'm pretty sure all of us know what WasteWater is, or, at least, add a space in-between or something. If it isn't doable in mod code then maybe they should add a way to add spaces by using _ . Though, I don't really see why it wouldn't be doable.

Last word: 1.2 would've been way better if the game actually got some official life support. Just a difficulty option or something. Seriously, this game does good in every way now... except not having any life support, and some rare-case noodle-physics.

1 hour ago, Kyzer said:

I don't read pages of threads to find someone else' similar post. I never said anything about 1.2 and this mod before, and checking the pages in-front there was nothing else that I saw either, other than a post about 1.2 the modder made; so AFAIK there is no repeating inquiry. I didn't see this post before, either. Maybe the rule needs better wording?

I also wasn't asking about a release date, but more about how the update was going. The base of 1.2 is already there, and an update process can begin. Nothing new seems to be getting added since initial prerelease except for some bug fixes and small menu changes. Even a somewhat-working version would be good enough.

Though, seriously, can you add a space in CarbonDioxide and rename WasteWater to something else? I'm pretty sure all of us know what WasteWater is, or, at least, add a space in-between or something. If it isn't doable in mod code then maybe they should add a way to add spaces by using _ . Though, I don't really see why it wouldn't be doable.

Last word: 1.2 would've been way better if the game actually got some official life support. Just a difficulty option or something. Seriously, this game does good in every way now... except not having any life support, and some rare-case noodle-physics.

I thought this was pretty clear:

Please don't ask me how updates are coming guys.. They will happen when they happen, after 1.2 Full Release.
OH and @Kyzer - Welcome to the forums.

Edited by JPLRepo

On 19/09/2016 at 8:39 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to use the old textures for the parts? The new textures and look great, but I kind of prefer the old as they has more color to them which allowed better identification of what was what when integrated in to ships and such.

Thanks!

Yep - Here you go.
Should be able to unzip over the new ones to replace them.

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

3.75m is already on the list. 5m not so sure.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/10

When? - Can't answer that. Soontm = soon as someone has the time to make them.

Instead of creating more parts (and possibly reduce them) what about getting the mod to work with the Tweakscale mod. That might be a little easier and cleaner. Just a thought.

15 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Yep - Here you go.
Should be able to unzip over the new ones to replace them.

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Just now, jmbailey2000 said:

Instead of creating more parts (and possibly reduce them) what about getting the mod to work with the Tweakscale mod. That might be a little easier and cleaner. Just a thought.

Or, maybe I've already done them.

Spoiler

7VRbzTC.png

Spoiler alert. Started working on KSP 1.2 version today.

Spoiler

Pq2I49O.png

I never realised how bad that alignment is in those boxes. I'll be fixing that up before release.

tv2FM5i.png

Ignore the values for the fields. This was just a quick bash it in session. Needs cleanup, etc.

Edited by JPLRepo

Thanks, i've downloaded the greenhouse mod.

USI has just so much stuff though it overwhelms me, so many different resources and parts and they interact in some way that requires certain other parts and I can't figure it all out.

EDIT - Gunna give MKS-lite a spin.

Edited by Aegrim

On 4.10.2016 at 3:38 PM, Aegrim said:

Do any parts exist that can turn mine-able resources into life support resources?

Obviously not rocks into food, but chemicals into water and oxygen would be super nice, I want to do mars direct.

Agree, oxidizer should be possible to convert to oxygen, rocket fuel+ oxidizer to water. 
Yes it would simplify life support but you would still need food. 

On 06/10/2016 at 1:19 PM, WishmasterTheKerbal said:

You can avoid resources consumption while warping time from space.... I know it might be challenging to fix that but that makes no sense.

I doubt it, unless it's ElectricCharge. Converters catch up in large globs after timewarp, which can confuse the issue. Can you describe the symptoms in more detail?

TAC LS comes with a number of converters and recyclers.
There are a few food mods listed in the wiki and in the last page or two of this thread.
Resource consumption currently does not occur for unloaded vessels. Currently TAC LS remembers the last time they were loaded and catches up when you switch back to them.
It also has calculations to estimate when they will run out when they are unloaded and warns you.
That being said, it is in my very near future plans post KSP 1.2 to add background (unloaded) vessel resource consumption.
And an update for KSP 1.2 - I have got TAC LS working and currently testing for KSP 1.2 with a number of performance and garbage improvements (but there is still a lot more to do post KSP 1.2 in that regard as well). So stay tuned!

Edited by JPLRepo

On 9/10/2016 at 3:47 AM, IFThenElse said:

Amazing, keep up the good work ! I won't play 1.2 without LS, it just doesn't feel fun at all.

Me neither!

You rescued this fantastic mod from the ashes.

Keep on the good work.

Thanks a lot to all modders that give us your time and effort (not to mention you do it for free)

Be good

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.