[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Hello.
Sorry for my bad english, I use Google translater.
I found an error in your mode that appears when using background-processing on this link (it is listed in the first post in this thread): https://github.com/JPLRepo/background-processing/releases/tag/v0.4.5.0

TAC life support continues to reduce the supply of electricity in the background krafts, despite the fact that this mod is installed and working. When switching to a ship, the supply of electricity is full, because background-processing is working, but TAC life support does not update the information.

Example: on the ship there is a supply of electricity for 2 hours. The ship is a background, but has a solar panel. TAC life support continues to count the supply of electricity and after 1:30 shows that electricity for 30 minutes. Switching to the ship, I see that the electricity supply is full, background-processing is working, but TAC life support continues to show that the stock is for 30 minutes.
I noticed that if all the passengers leave the ship and then come back again, the calculation will be corrected.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Hello.
Sorry for my bad english, I use Google translater.
I found an error in your mode that appears when using background-processing on this link (it is listed in the first post in this thread): https://github.com/JPLRepo/background-processing/releases/tag/v0.4.5.0

TAC life support continues to reduce the supply of electricity in the background krafts, despite the fact that this mod is installed and working. When switching to a ship, the supply of electricity is full, because background-processing is working, but TAC life support does not update the information.

Example: on the ship there is a supply of electricity for 2 hours. The ship is a background, but has a solar panel. TAC life support continues to count the supply of electricity and after 1:30 shows that electricity for 30 minutes. Switching to the ship, I see that the electricity supply is full, background-processing is working, but TAC life support continues to show that the stock is for 30 minutes.
I noticed that if all the passengers leave the ship and then come back again, the calculation will be corrected.

The problem is actually if your using Kopernicus mod (You are most likely if using EVE or mods that change Textures like SVT), that adds a new SolarPanels.cfg that replaces the stock one.  Most mods I know have not yet added the new Multi-Source Light that the new Kopernicus adds.  To fix it you can delete the offending file in. GameData/Kopernicus/config.

Edited by malkuth

On 06/06/2017 at 8:36 PM, JPLRepo said:

It allows what you suggest, but it doesn't do it. As the OP says, it supports mods using it to do what mods want. But out of the box it produces EC for unloaded vessels. TAC LS is using it to produce EC for unloaded vessels (but I would like to make that part of TAC when I have time). Given the number of issues people are reporting about EC with TAC in the last version I will try to find some time this weekend to work through the problems and fix things up for EC consumption/production for TAC. (But I can't promise it, I will try to do so).

Okay thanks for the clarification.  So basically it could do those things but doesn't out of the box and someone would need to write a mod which uses backgroundprocessing to accomplish those things.

Thanks also for all the work you've been putting in to fixing bugs in this mod, it's much appreciated!

22 minutes ago, Apollo XIII said:

Hello, I am also having the same issue, but I do not use Kopernicus. 

Are you sure?  A lot of mods prepackage it with their mods.  Just check your GataData Folder to double check.

2 hours ago, malkuth said:

Are you sure?  A lot of mods prepackage it with their mods.  Just check your GataData Folder to double check.

There is a screenshot of my GameData folder. 50X and under time acceleration is fine, 100X and over the battery reading drains and won't come back.

Oh looks like everyone is having the same problem I'm having with electricity saying its running out, and you can't even refill it with hyperedit because it's not actually running out. It keeps making my kerbals die of air toxicity apparently also, and then my game crashes right after. Seems to be repeatable. I may be getting other random crashes to desktop but I've found that every single time, within 5-30 seconds of it saying my kerbals died of air toxicity I get a crash to desktop. I'm trying to deletion of solarpanels.cfg in kopernicus now hoping it helps. Anyone want the output.log?

Yeah thanks all. I have a fix I'll test today and if all goes well will make a dev build only on GitHub Si some of you fine folk can also test and confirm before I do a full release. Fingers crossed should be in the next few hours.

(edit) until then I recommend two things. Remove the BackgroundProcessing mod if you installed it and turn off the background resources processing option in the TAC LS difficulty settings.

On 11.06.2017 at 4:15 AM, malkuth said:

The problem is actually if your using Kopernicus mod (You are most likely if using EVE or mods that change Textures like SVT), that adds a new SolarPanels.cfg that replaces the stock one.  Most mods I know have not yet added the new Multi-Source Light that the new Kopernicus adds.  To fix it you can delete the offending file in. GameData/Kopernicus/config.

No, I do not use Kopernicus mod.
Here is the list of mods that I use:

- KER 
- Alarm Clock
- Precise Maneuver 
- [x] science!
- Transfer Window Planner

- TAC life support

- KAS; KIS
- Infernal Robotics 
- Extraplanetary Launchpads 
- Planetary Base System 
- Alcubierre warp drive 

Yeah thanks all. I have a fix I'll test today and if all goes well will make a dev build only on GitHub Si some of you fine folk can also test and confirm before I do a full release. Fingers crossed should be in the next few hours.

(edit) until then I recommend two things. Remove the BackgroundProcessing mod if you installed it and turn off the background resources processing option in the TAC LS difficulty settings.

Many thanks! I'm looking forward to the update.
While I will use the TAC LS as before: when EC is over, switch to this ship and wait until the EC is fully charged.
:wink:

Edited by Malcolm

Ok, there is a Development build available on github only here.
For those willing to test it for me. But in the testing I've done today I'm seeing flawless EC readout for unloaded and loaded vessels (as well as all other resources).

Instructions:

1. BACKUP your save file (I've warned you!) :sticktongue:
  2. Completely remove the ThunderAeroSpace, BackgroundProcessing and REPOSoftTech\BackgroundResources (only this subfolder) folders from your GameData folder.
  3. Download the Zip from the link above and unzip it into your GameData folder.
  4. Report back your findings.

32 minutes ago, Gene Kerantz said:

So far so good.

Does this mean that going forward this mod is no longer compatible with BackgroundProcessing?

Well it does the same thing for Crewed velssels as BackgroundProcessing does. But I also coded in so if it detects BackgeoundProcessing is installed it won't generate EC and let that mod handle EC generation. In theory it should be fine with both, but I didn't test it. You can test it for me if you like.

9 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Well it does the same thing for Crewed velssels as BackgroundProcessing does. But I also coded in so if it detects BackgeoundProcessing is installed it won't generate EC and let that mod handle EC generation. In theory it should be fine with both, but I didn't test it. You can test it for me if you like.

That makes sense, I'll try to check it for you later on today in a few scenarios and report back.

4 minutes ago, Gene Kerantz said:

That makes sense, I'll try to check it for you later on today in a few scenarios and report back.

Actually I just had a thought... it won't probably work correctly. I forgot something. I'll do another dev build today (if I can squeeze it in).

Sweet! The dev build fixed the EC problem for me! And the crashing problem I was having was dependency related. I'm not exactly sure what was going on but it seems that the order in which you install mods can screw up TACLS and or cause crashes to desktop, I dunno. So far after my second in a row reinstall and reinstall of mods the game seems stable but I'm still in the mode of expecting it to crash. Thanks a lot for fixing this mod though!

Also just FYI your zip contains an older version of community resource manager than is available. I updated it to the newer one after installing your fix zip of TACLS

just tested the Fix for EC processing for unloaded vessels and found that water is only being produced on the vessel any other containers it is connected to via KAS doesn't get filled but food does not sure if it's just me or if this is a bug 

Yeah I'm still getting ec drain on vessels that are perfectly fine while loaded. eg I switch to minmus space station and its ec goes up, but minmus base ec goes down, in direct sunlight, with more than enough panels. I switch back, and the opposite occurs. It's frustrating for timewarping when you don't have ~years worth of ec storage available.

Many many thanks this mod rocks.

I am also having some issues with electricity drain. Question, how do I do this:  

and turn off the background resources processing option in the TAC LS difficulty settings.

Edited by Ace76inDC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.