[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

2 minutes ago, tmbomber said:

Glad to hear you're working on this.

As a short term fix, could you split out background EC processing and have that disable-able in the difficulty screen?
(That way everything else would still function and you'd only be disabling the function that's at issue)

Why don't you try the dev build instead?

6 minutes ago, tmbomber said:

O_o

Dev build you say....

<furiously mousing to download page>

two posts above your first one.
I am waiting for feedback on that build to see if the problems are fixed. So far I have had the sum total of Zero feedback.

Hi.

I am testing the sabatier reactor aboard a space station and I have some weird results... It appears it does much of the opposite it should do. In the following table I recorded the amounts of the supplies at the station after 10 days running with the sabatier reactor OFF and then ON. Can you explain what's happening here? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Start After 10 days 3 kerbals
Waste Water 61.79 210 247
Waste 6.68 22.67 26.66
CO2 6417 21783 25619
O 1577893 1560113 1555674
H2O 10412 10296 10266
Food 15784 15608 15564
Lith Peroxide 21 21 21
Potassium Superoxide 31.5 31.5 31.5
Lith Hydroxid 1025 1025 1025
Lox 27895 27895 27895
Lhy 44644 44644 44644
    Sabatier OFF Sabatier ON

I add an output log too, don't know how it will help but... here goes:

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_1

Thanks in advance

Edited by Jaeleth

Is this mod working? I have tested 2 other mod parts with strange results....

Bosch Carbon reactor... Does absolutely nothing.

10 days, only Bosch reactor ON, 3 kerbals:

Waste water 148

waste 15.97

CO2 15346

O2 1560048

water 7909

Food 15432

same 10 days, everything OFF, 3 kerbals...

Waste water 148

waste 15.97

CO2 15346

O2 1560048

water 7909

Food 15432

So are the reactors working at all? Bosch does nothing and Sabatier does... strange stuff

Lithium Hydroxide Scrubber, appears to be working but, not as it should... Here are the results:

Waste Water 62.76 210 12847
Waste 6.75 22.67 289
CO2 6485 21783 21828
O 1577814 1560113 1560061
H2O 10411 10296 10295
Food 15783 15608 15608
Lith Peroxide 21 21 21
Lith Hydroxid 1025 1025 936
Lox 27895 27895 27895
Lhy 44644 44644 44644
    OFF ON

As you can see... It outputs something close to what it should but... Appears do scrub NO CO2 at all :o Is is magic?

10 hours ago, Jaeleth said:

Is this mod working? I have tested 2 other mod parts with strange results....

Bosch Carbon reactor... Does absolutely nothing.

10 days, only Bosch reactor ON, 3 kerbals:

Waste water 148

waste 15.97

CO2 15346

O2 1560048

water 7909

Food 15432

same 10 days, everything OFF, 3 kerbals...

Waste water 148

waste 15.97

CO2 15346

O2 1560048

water 7909

Food 15432

So are the reactors working at all? Bosch does nothing and Sabatier does... strange stuff

Lithium Hydroxide Scrubber, appears to be working but, not as it should... Here are the results:

Waste Water 62.76 210 12847
Waste 6.75 22.67 289
CO2 6485 21783 21828
O 1577814 1560113 1560061
H2O 10411 10296 10295
Food 15783 15608 15608
Lith Peroxide 21 21 21
Lith Hydroxid 1025 1025 936
Lox 27895 27895 27895
Lhy 44644 44644 44644
    OFF ON

As you can see... It outputs something close to what it should but... Appears do scrub NO CO2 at all :o Is is magic?

Hard to say because you are referring to parts that aren't part of this mod... the resources you mention are in fact part of Realism Overhaul perhaps?
TAC LS doesn't come with Lithium Hydroxide scrubber, etc... But Realism Overhaul I think creates it's own parts using TAC LS to do this.. been a while since I've played with RO.
As far as waste water and waste goes.. yeah that doesn't seem right. But right now I don't have any time to look into it. I probably can after New Year.

Hmmmm... Yes, I play RO, and I guess there are, indeed, some parts who are duplicated. I see. I must be using RO versions of your parts. I thought this mod was fully integrated with RO. But indeed, there are 3 parts in utiyily secrion that read non-RO, while the others (the ones I am using) don’t read that. Thanks for the tip, I’ll be knocking someone else’s door... :wink:

@JPLRepo I am experiencing an issue, I just wanted to ask you first if this is a thing I have to take up to the planetary base mod guys.

So i decided to make a new, fresh install and update all my mods. And all the sudden with no aparent reason, TAC and Planetary Base do not dialogue well anymore. 

In the loading screen, I get the following message:

- module manager, xxx patches applied, found 3 errors

- 3 errors related to game data/plantetarybasenic/ModSupport/Configs/LifeSupport/KPBS-MM-TAC-LS.cfg

TAC is working fine by its own. But when I install planetary base, the resources do not appear to be registering or being consumed. 

I sure will bring that up in their thread, but I thought you might be interested so I am laying this here first!

44 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

@JPLRepo I am experiencing an issue, I just wanted to ask you first if this is a thing I have to take up to the planetary base mod guys.

So i decided to make a new, fresh install and update all my mods. And all the sudden with no aparent reason, TAC and Planetary Base do not dialogue well anymore. 

In the loading screen, I get the following message:

- module manager, xxx patches applied, found 3 errors

- 3 errors related to game data/plantetarybasenic/ModSupport/Configs/LifeSupport/KPBS-MM-TAC-LS.cfg

TAC is working fine by its own. But when I install planetary base, the resources do not appear to be registering or being consumed. 

I sure will bring that up in their thread, but I thought you might be interested so I am laying this here first!

I'm having similar problems but with multiple mods. It took me a couple of days to figure it out because I generally start KSP running then go to a different program or walk away while it is loading and I was missing the errors on screen. I kept finding parts I used all the time had missing features and for the life of me couldn't figure it out.

I found it is something with the new Module Manager (3.x). I reverted back to 2.8.1 and all is right with the world. I'm guessing something changed in MM and other mods haven't caught up yet or there is a bug in the new MM breaking other mods.

27 minutes ago, jmbailey2000 said:

I'm having similar problems but with multiple mods. It took me a couple of days to figure it out because I generally start KSP running then go to a different program or walk away while it is loading and I was missing the errors on screen. I kept finding parts I used all the time had missing features and for the life of me couldn't figure it out.

I found it is something with the new Module Manager (3.x). I reverted back to 2.8.1 and all is right with the world. I'm guessing something changed in MM and other mods haven't caught up yet or there is a bug in the new MM breaking other mods.

Yep...the latest ModuleMananger is just screwing all sorts of things up

Oh! This information is gold! I too am experiencing issues with other mods... DANGIT mostly -  so it would seem we are zeroing in on the problem!

EDIT. did it, and regressed to 2.8.1. That did it for me: all patching errors vanished. 

I mentioned this in the MM thread. Other people should know about this, if they haven't already.

Edited by Daniel Prates

This issue was resolved by looking for answers to other minor issues I have had. This had to do with Realism Overhaul's FASA files not being properly configured for updating of Mod Manager. I have posted my comments on the appropriate thread, Realism Overhaul. 

Short answer: The "..\RealismOverhaul-v11.5.1.zip\GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\FASA" folder has a couple of files that inside contain "%INPUT_RESOURCE" instead of just "INPUT_RESOURCE" (without percent symbol), removal of '%' for INPUT_RESOURCE resolved my issue. 

-------------------------

Hey Folks,

I've finally given up looking and am throwing up my Bat Signal in the hope that I will find the hero I need, not the one that I deserve. Jokes aside, I need a wee bit of help.

This game is working fine and dandy except for one little thing. The TacGenericConverter that is added to all parts that "HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]" seems to have some sort of discrepancy; I would be happy to manually make the change to my own game except I have no idea where the Mod Manager is getting the data. And yes, I've checked all *.cfg files inside of ThunderAerospace and some inside FASA folder in the hope there would be something called "TacGenericConverter", there isn't. I'm quite a noobie with programming, so I'm sure my lack of logic is failing me here. 

These excerpts for comparisons are taken from the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file inside \$KSPinstalledlocation\GameData. You'll notice that the GeminiPod2 seems to be missing INPUT_RESOURCE for Carbon Dioxide and also missing INPUT_RESOURCE of ElectricCharge. I didn't notice this right off but a couple of days ago when I finally researched Gemini pod in my career I noticed this was very different from the FASAMercuryPod which I had been using earlier. 

Here's what I need. Where is Mod Manager pulling this data? If I can get to that default *.cfg file I can make the change myself and all will be right in this KSP world; however, I don't know where TacGenericConverter config data is located.

See below for comparison.

name = FASAGeminiPod2

MODULE
{
    name = TacGenericConverter
    converterName = CO2 Scrubber
    StartActionName = Start AirFilter
    StopActionName = Stop AirFilter
    conversionRate = 2.0
    INPUT_RESOURCE
    {
        ResourceName = LithiumHydroxide
        Ratio = 0.00001189
    }
    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
    {
        ResourceName = Waste
        Ratio = 0.00003932
        DumpExcess = false
    }
}

name = FASAMercuryPod

MODULE
{
	name = TacGenericConverter
	converterName = CO2 Scrubber
	StartActionName = Start AirFilter
	StopActionName = Stop AirFilter
	conversionRate = 1.0
	INPUT_RESOURCE
	{
		ResourceName = ElectricCharge
		Ratio = 0.1
	}
	INPUT_RESOURCE
	{
		ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
		Ratio = 0.0058912100
	}
	INPUT_RESOURCE
	{
		ResourceName = LithiumHydroxide
		Ratio = 0.0000085683
	}
	OUTPUT_RESOURCE
	{
		ResourceName = Waste
		Ratio = 0.0000320045
		DumpExcess = false
	}
}

A little about my install:

• KSP Windows x64: v1.2.2.1622
  • FASA: v7.2
  • TAC Life Support: v 0.13.0.0
  • ModuleManager: v 2.7.6
  • A billion other installs, most to support Realism Overhaul/RSS & make the game as realistic as possible

Last but not least.. LOGS!

Edited by FlyingSquirrel
Resolved Issue

• 2 weeks later...

When Timewarping at the highest speed, the electricity in the active vessel runs out. This stops the Timewarp (the Spaceship is in the Sunlight everytime when warping), but when i go to the second fast Timewarp it works. It looks like that the solar panels dont make electricity on the fastest Timewarp, is there any mod that make Solarpanels working when Timewarping?

The same thing happens to Hyperwarp from the Better Time Warp Mod.

Sorry folks, haven't had much time recently with the Holiday's season. But getting back into it now and I'm trying to summarize the reported bugs... from reading back in this thread. But I don't see any bug reports on github. Here's what I gathered:
There were issues mid-December related to an update to Module Manager that caused issues with TAC resource converters and other mods such as Realism Overhaul and KPBS. - I'm not sure these are still issues or not.
Fastest timewarp setting causing issues with background EC consumption.
What else have I missed?

@JPLRepo I've found a possible issue with the 1.25m converters here. They say they're rated for 8 kerbals but are actually configured for 3 (see conversionRate) whereas all the 2.5m and 3.75m converters seem to be spot-on.

Can any TAC fans here confirm this in-game?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have it setup so when I put the TACLS parts (Life supplies support hexcan for example) into the inventory of another part, it will count towards the life support (food, oxygen etc.)?

I'm trying to avoid attaching these things to my spacecraft.

As far as I know it can't be done with KIS.  You have to get them out with an engineer and bolt them on with KAS.  I've clipped the life support cans inside of other ship parts for aesthetics before.  Of course then you have to clip the camera inside the ship to find them again if you want to transfer resources in or out, the Ship Manifest mod would make that easier if you were so inclined.

So, I haven't been able to find anything on this, so if it has been posted before I apologize. 

I am using a re scale of the solar system to 3.2x what it originally was, and that means that there are now 9 hour days instead of 6. TAC LS however is still showing data for 6 hour days, which lead me to believe that I had enough supplies for a 45 day mission to minmus, when in fact my kerbals ran out on actual day 33 (or something like that I don't remember exactly what the numbers where but they died on the return back when TAC LS window said they had enough supplies). Does anyone know how to change that setting? I have Kronometer installed as it was recommended, and I'll check to see if that is the culprit when I can, I was just asking here to see if anyone else knows, and to let others know about this as well.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, HoveringKiller said:

So, I haven't been able to find anything on this, so if it has been posted before I apologize. 

I am using a re scale of the solar system to 3.2x what it originally was, and that means that there are now 9 hour days instead of 6. TAC LS however is still showing data for 6 hour days, which lead me to believe that I had enough supplies for a 45 day mission to minmus, when in fact my kerbals ran out on actual day 33 (or something like that I don't remember exactly what the numbers where but they died on the return back when TAC LS window said they had enough supplies). Does anyone know how to change that setting? I have Kronometer installed as it was recommended, and I'll check to see if that is the culprit when I can, I was just asking here to see if anyone else knows, and to let others know about this as well.

Thanks!

TAC LS uses the KSP parameter for time. Which means days are either 6 hours long or 24 hours long.

Hi JPLRepo

as I was testing 1.3.1 pre-release of the mod,  it seems like background processing EC works only with stock solar panels and fuel cells. Other generators just shut down on unloaded vessels. This means any of non stock EC generators won't work by default. Turning off background processing doesn't revert to original functionality, assuming I tested it right.

I am using MKS reactors which causes problems  since I migrated from KSP 1.1.3. Is there any option to write a config file or something to enable such processing on custom parts ?

I would like to put some effort into it and maybe even code another generator handler if necessarry. It would need proper charge rates and consume nuclear fuel. Is there anything like that in progress or should I look into it by myself ? Code on Github looks fairly readable to me.

Will be glad for any opinion or hints how to proceed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.