[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just trying  this Mod out and I can see all the parts and place them all , but no where it tells me how much will be needed per day and consumption etc..

I cannot see any new icon on the screen :(

is this compatible with the latest KSP ?

Edited by psvialli

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason why my Carbon and Water recyclers don't work while unloaded? They form a closed loop and have a bit of Waste Water and CO2 to help them run. But whenever I'm in another vessel, O2 and Water starts to drain, but when I switch to the vessel, they fill up again.

I'm curious as to whether anyone compared the life support usage between TAC and LS; for example, how do they compare in their rates of consumption (does 1 ton of food/water/oxygen deplete in the same amount of time as 1 ton of USI LS)?

I'm wondering if I should make my TAC life support usage rates higher than stock.  My understanding is that the mod creators determined that Kerbals are 25% the size of humans, and so should use LS at 25% of the rate.  But it seems to me that perhaps that isn't balanced right (as the Kerbal rockets perhaps are more than 25% the weight or real world analog rockets).

Curious as to other people's thoughts.

Hi all,

I am running KSP 1.3.1 using CKAN for Modding and Version 0.13.6.0 of TAC Life Support is installed.
The BUG from https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/89 hit me on this.
Question is: Where is the information stored about the value displayed or calculated.
My target: Edit some file and change the miscalculated value, reload the game and be happy.
Is this possible or is my game doomed to this failure?
Currently I have a done a quicksave before my Kerbals die and I have disabled the Background Processing, which not really does make sense when using TAC ;-)

br

Carsten

I am kind of new to the mod and would like to see if I can get some suggestions as to what to look at.

During a Jool mission [while time warping] a message came up that one kerbal [out of two] died to do toxicity.  It could very well been the craft wasn't getting enough EC and will be checking the vods to see.

I think I read [perhaps didn't read it correctly] that TAC doesn't work during Timewarp or something along those lines unless the background process was installed?  The rocket had excess supplies for a burn that was 3yrs away with another 1yr journey to a kerbin aerobrake.  It was the journey to the node [during timewarp] that the toxicity popped up.

I realize I might be way off an this, just looking for a little help while trying to wrap a process around this for future deep space missions.

Questions:

1.) Why one kerbal and not both?
2.) If the BackgroundResources.dll was installed , will the KSP log show the ec failure or something?

Thanks

On 12/30/2018 at 9:57 AM, Space Kadet said:

anyone lookin for it, TAC seems to be working ok in 1.6 FTM

I think there may be an issue with electrocharge and potentially Oxygen in 1.6. They don't show up in the "life support crew roster" tab, unlike food and water, and I'm pretty sure one of my kerbals should be dead due to an electrocharge issue.

Edited by TGApples

• 2 weeks later...

So I made a thing to calculate supply requirements for my missions with various converters running, if anyone is interested.
TACLS_Planner.ods
Values are pulled from VAB tooltips, or from other peoples calculators.

Please ping me if you find any incorrect values or can improve on my rather lacking spreadsheet-foo in general.

Edited by steve_v
update link

• 2 weeks later...

@JPLRepo Can we please have support for the Near Future FissionGenerator module in BackgroundResources? Pretty please?
I'm probably going to give it a prod myself at some point (once I set up a dev environment that actually works), but to be honest I don't know C# from a porcupine. I'll try anything, but it's going to be rough.
It looks easy enough to do, from a casual peruse of the source... I bet it'd be a lot less pain for someone who knows what they're doing though.

ed. So I have a thing, and it seems to work... or at least my nuke powered ships don't kill crew in the background any more.
Since I have neither a github account nor the motivation to learn to use it, here's an oldschool  patch against master.

CC BY-NC-SA 4.0, 'cause it needs it apparently. Credit to JPLRepo, again, 'cause whatever. :rolleyes:

It's probably wrong in some way as it's based entirely on "this code looks like it does foo, but I don't know the language", but it works for me :).

Edited by steve_v

On 2/10/2019 at 5:27 AM, steve_v said:

@JPLRepo Can we please have support for the Near Future FissionGenerator module in BackgroundResources? Pretty please?
I'm probably going to give it a prod myself at some point (once I set up a dev environment that actually works), but to be honest I don't know C# from a porcupine. I'll try anything, but it's going to be rough.
It looks easy enough to do, from a casual peruse of the source... I bet it'd be a lot less pain for someone who knows what they're doing though.

ed. So I have a thing, and it seems to work... or at least my nuke powered ships don't kill crew in the background any more.
Since I have neither a github account nor the motivation to learn to use it, here's an oldschool  patch against master.

It's probably wrong in some way as it's based entirely on "this code looks like it does foo, but I don't know the language", but it works for me :).

Sorry but this patch breaks so many rules.

a) where’s the source code? 

B) your link is an unsafe site so there’s no way I’m clicking it.

c) you can submit a PR, but as you’ve said you don’t know c#, nor a github account. You probably should just leave it. If you insist on leaving this out there then you have to follow the forum rules and supply license, source code, etc. or you could wait and gain enough support from other users that I might add it.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry but this patch breaks so many rules.

No need to apologise, I did say I had no idea what I was doing.
If you were to delineate those rules though, I might be able to do better next time.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:42 AM, Battou said:

on 1.6.1 it breaks part categories in VAB

No logs... no support.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:14 AM, TGApples said:

I think there may be an issue with electrocharge and potentially Oxygen in 1.6. They don't show up in the "life support crew roster" tab, unlike food and water, and I'm pretty sure one of my kerbals should be dead due to an electrocharge issue.

No logs = no support.

I’ll try to make some of my free time available to updat this in the next week.

37 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

a) where’s the source code?

The patch is source code. It's a patch. A plain old unified diff to be precise, no compiled code anywhere.

I specifically refrained from posting compiled code out of respect for you and a desire to avoid causing you support problems.

B) your link is an unsafe site so there’s no way I’m clicking it.

My link is hosted on a machine with a self-signed certificate, as the error presented should have informed you.
Self-signed certs don't actually bite, and your definition of "unsafe" clearly differs from mine.
It's a text file. If you don't want it, suit yourself.

You probably should just leave it.
If you insist on leaving this out there then you have to follow the forum rules and supply license, source code, etc.

If you insist, the licence might as well inherit from the code it's a patch against - in this case CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. I'd prefer WTFPL, but whatever. Source code is self-evident.

you could wait and gain enough support from other users that I might add it.

Had you actually looked at my changes, you might have noted that it's somewhere around 10 minutes work. 10 minutes work for me that is, one who doesn't really know what they're doing.
If you need a vote to decide whether or not that would be a worthwhile use of time so be it. This has been asked for both here and over in the NF thread in the past.

Wow. Just wow. Remind me not to be remotely helpful or share any solutions in future.

Edited by steve_v

On 1/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, inoculator said:

Hi all,

I am running KSP 1.3.1 using CKAN for Modding and Version 0.13.6.0 of TAC Life Support is installed.
The BUG from https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/89 hit me on this.
Question is: Where is the information stored about the value displayed or calculated.
My target: Edit some file and change the miscalculated value, reload the game and be happy.
Is this possible or is my game doomed to this failure?
Currently I have a done a quicksave before my Kerbals die and I have disabled the Background Processing, which not really does make sense when using TAC ;-)

br

Carsten

Not at my machine at the moment, but I still use KSP 1.3.1. and I think I've had that issue in the past.  I'll be able to check later today to be certain.

Can you list all your mods in a spoiler? (To avoid a "text wall" for those that don't want to see it).

To clarify, is this an error where you get a pop up saying your Kerbals are running out of Electric Charge (EC), usually while you're timewarping with another vessel or at the KSC/Tracking Station?

7 hours ago, artemisrain said:

Can anyone tell me how I open the TACLS settings window when viewing KSC?  I cannot figure out what key command to press to open it.

go to the pause menu, select settings option. Then the difficulty settings button at the top. TACLS settings will be shown when you select it on the left side of the difficulty settings window.

9 hours ago, steve_v said:

My link is hosted on a machine with a self-signed certificate, as the error presented should have informed you.

Self-signed certs don't actually bite, and your definition of "unsafe" clearly differs from mine.
It's a text file. If you don't want it, suit yourself.

I wouldn't know because my security warned me - as this is not a trusted certificate or site.
So I can't know it's a text file.. because I won't click it.

That said, and as mentioned earlier, Pull Requests against Github can be reviewed for inclusion and are always welcome.

I really do appreciate the efforts.
Let's see if I can add what you have asked for in the upcoming update.
Also, this request had been raised before.. https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/118

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.